Best QAM Tuner? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Unread Yesterday, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best QAM Tuner?

I have a budget of $100. I need to be able to pick up QAM and ATSC TV. Also NTSC, as there is 1 repeater here that still broadcast in NTSC, and the local cable system (basic service), is analog still. What is the best tuner that I can get for under $100? I have money now, so I want a decent tuner for under $100. Antenna isn't really an option here, according to my TV Fool report: www dot tvfool dot com /?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3df1f0978977115 e]. I want ATSC capabilities because I might some day move to an area where I can pick up OTA signals, and an NTSC tuner because we still have an analog cable system here for Extended basic service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread Today, 09:38 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Are you sure there is clear QAM available in your area? In many (most?) areas clear QAM seems to have disappeared, thanks to recent FCC rulings.

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
Are you sure there is clear QAM available in your area? In many (most?) areas clear QAM seems to have disappeared, thanks to recent FCC rulings.
Yes, I can receive it perfectly fine on my livingroom TV, and my desktop with a Hauppage WinTV 2250 card. We actually still have analog service here, and the upstairs TV picks it up fine, (as does my computer and the living room TV).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders