DVR+ Lister for Channel Master DVR+ - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

View Poll Results: Do you move DVR+ recordings to a computer (multiple choices allowed)
Yes, Windows 21 58.33%
Yes, Linux 4 11.11%
Yes, Mac 1 2.78%
Yes, Other OS 1 2.78%
No 11 30.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1 of 83 Old 06-20-2015, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 259
DVR+ Lister for Channel Master DVR+

DVR+ Lister

DVR+ Lister
is a Windows based utility, for owners of the Channel Master DVR+, who wish to move recordings from the DVR+ USB HDD to a Windows Computer. For more information about DVR+ Lister, and for previous versions, scroll down past the image shown below.

Note: This thread is for the DVR+ Lister program, a Windows based utility for use with the Channel Master DVR+. Please limit the discussions to DVR+ Lister, and directly related topics, such as how to use it, tips and tricks, bugs, how to make it better, etc. For discussions about the DVR+ itself, see the Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread, which is where DVR+ Lister was originally posted (under several names, through version 15.3.29). Since that thread is the main thread for the DVR+, links to this thread will be posted on it when a new version is released. Where appropriate, please discuss the DVR+ Lister on this thread, rather than on the Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread.

Thanks, pachinko!

Latest Version: 15.7.3 - Click here to go to the post of the latest version (post 17 on 2015/07/03, at 9:31PM central).

DVR+ Lister is a freeware program, which runs in Windows XP SP3 through 8.1 (desktop) & Windows 10 (after v15.7.3). It aids owners of a Channel Master DVR+ (with a detachable USB HDD) in copying recordings from a DVR+ USB HDD to a Windows computer, because, sadly, the DVR+ does not provide a file copying mechanism. While the recordings can be copied from the USB HDD using normal Windows file copying techniques, the DVR+ filenames are quite cryptic (for example, Strm0001.ts, Strm00EA.ts, etc.), providing no hint of the Show Titles, and the Date Stamps of the recordings are not even close to the actual recorded dates, so they can't be used to identify a Show. This program is useful because it extracts the actual Show Titles, Descriptions, Recorded Dates, and other data, hidden in one of the DVR+ binary data files, and displays that information. The desired recordings can be selected and copied to a Windows computer (from the USB HDD) with one button push, giving the copies useful Filenames and Date Stamps. In addition to copying recordings to a Windows computer, the data appearing in the List can be output to a Text File, or to MS Excel, for whatever usage you may envision.

Note: In order for Windows computers to recognize and assign drive letters to the DVR+ USB HDD (a Linux format), the program Ext2Fsd, or similar, must be separately installed in Windows.

With the aid of freeware video conversion programs, such as ffmpeg or HandBrake, the TS recordings can be converted to other formats directly from the USB HDD, with useful Filenames and Date Stamps.

This “top post” will be updated when a new version is released, and a link will be provided to go directly to the post in this thread for the latest version.

Most of the program is larger than is permitted for hosting on the AVS Forum, and I cannot guarantee how long the download will survive wherever it is hosted (outside of AVS Forum), so download it as soon as possible. However, if you don't mind downloading multiple files, and renaming some file extensions after downloading, the entire program is attached as spanned ZIP files. Both download methods contain the same files (including the Source Code files).

Note: Anti-Virus programs are notorious for throwing false positives on programs written in the AutoIt scripting language, and many others, or programs without costly digital signatures. One day an AV may block a program, and after it’s next daily update, the issue magically, and quietly, goes away. If you obtain the program from pachinko, and the AV complains, then the AV is wrong, and you should ask the AV provider to prove the program is infected. You can also ask other users if they are having any issues. Or you can examine the source files and compile the program for yourself. That’s not an easy task, but at least it’s available for scrutiny. Another alternative is to add DVR+ Lister to the AV’s “exclusion list”, which is what I do.

Google provides the free service VirusTool, which will examine Programs, and Web Sites for you. See what it says about DVR+ Lister, or about download hosts like TinyUpload. On September 3, 2015, it reported no issues with TinyUpload.com, even though some folks have reported that their antivirus flagged that site as containing potentially dangerous content. For DVR+ Lister, 10 flag it with various types of infections, but 45 give it a clean bill of health. Go figure, or blame it on “heuristics”!

Instructional Video on YouTube

While this YouTube video is for outdated version 15.2.3.9, it may still be useful to newcomers. The first 2 minutes 17 seconds are an introduction to DVR+ Lister. The remainder of the 7 minute video is a Step by Step guide copying recordings to a Windows computer.

Sample Logs and TS files for testing DVR+ Lister without USB HDD

If you would like to try DVR+ Lister without having to attach the USB HDD from the DVR+ to a Windows computer, download the sample files. The ZIP contains 2 folders (of sample files) which are used to mimic the two partitions on the USB HDD. Extract the ZIP into a folder of your liking, then use those folders in DVR+ Lister.

Click here to download the DVR+ Sample Logs and TS files

Old Versions

Note: Hopefully the links posted for the outdated versions will work for all “post per page” settings. If not, use the post number, date and time to locate the post. Post numbers have a tendency to change from time to time, so don’t rely totally on the post number. On the other hand, the date and time are reliable (just convert to your time zone).

DVR+ Lister v15.6.19 (post 2 on 2015/06/20, at 05:50 PM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post35187762

All of the following links will open a post in the Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread, which is where DVR+ Lister was posted through version 15.3.29:

DVR+ Lister v15.3.29 (post 8029 on 2015/04/02, at 04:54 PM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post33169129

DVR+ Lister v15.2.15.0 (post 7556 on 2015/02/15, at 05:48 PM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post31810281

DVR+ Lister v15.2.3.0 (post 7461 on 2015/02/04, at 11:58 AM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post31466009

DVR+ Log Lister v15.1.10.0 (post 7044 on 2015/01/10 at 11:23PM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post30707265
(this is the last issue with the program name of 'DVR+ Log Lister')

DVR+ Log Lister v15.1.5.0 (post 6815 on 2015/01/05 at 9:32 AM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post30502233

DVR+ Log Lister v15.1.2.0 (post 6767 on 2015/01/03 at 06:33 PM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post30459546

DVR+ Log Lister v14.12.31.0 (post 6700 on 12-31-2014, 09:43 AM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post30361738

Get_Data_from_DVR+_Log_Files, v2014.12.29 (posts post 6651 on 12-29-2014, 03:58 PM central)
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...l#post30310018
(The first “Lister”, and the only issue with the program name of ‘Get_Data_from_DVR+_Log_Files')
jericko76 likes this.

Last edited by pachinko; 09-03-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Expanded the note on antivirus false positives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old 06-20-2015, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

DVR+ Lister v15.6.19

DVR+ Lister version 15.7.3 was released 7/3/2015, CLICK HERE!

DVR+ Lister v15.6.19 (June 6, 2015)

Go to the bottom of this post for v15.6.19 Download options

For the latest version, and other information about this program, always check the first post in this thread.

Check the top of page 1 for a poll!

What’s New or Changed:

1. Nothing new or changed! The program is the same as version 15.3.29.

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed bug whereby the program would crash if the filename of the record_event_index file was not in all lowercase characters.

Installation:

Note: The installation procedure is a little different than previous versions, requiring only one ZIP extraction, and two folders are created for the source files.

1. If you intend to install over an older version, do the following:

a. Safeguard the file DVR+ Lister.ini, so that all previous settings and filters are retained.

b. Safeguard the file LastSessionData.txt, if the data from the last session is important to you.

c. Delete all other files (not folders), other than any you may have added.

d. Delete the Source and Help Source folders if they exist, unless of course you've edited any of those files, in which case rename those folders and retain for your use.

2. Download, and extract into a folder of your choice. That folder must allow write access to it by this program. Two folders are created (Source and Help Source). Those folders contain one ZIP file each consisting of the Source Files should you want to modify the program. They are NOT required to run the program and can be deleted if not desired.

3. If installed into a new folder, and you have an older version installed, copy the following files from the old version:

a. DVR+ Lister.ini (all previous settings and filters).

b. LastSessionData.txt (the data from the last session, if that's important to you).

Running the Program:

Run the program directly by double-clicking 'DVR+ Lister.exe', or make a shortcut for it and put it on the Taskbar, the Desktop, or in the Programs menu (or wherever desired), and use the shortcut to run the program. There are 2 EXE files, but only 'DVR+ Lister.exe' should be executed. It runs the second EXE automatically (only when recordings are being copied).
Note: In order for Windows computers to recognize and assign drive letters to the DVR+ USB HDD (a Linux format), the program Ext2Fsd, or similar, must be installed in Windows.

Uninstalling:

1. Delete the directory containing all of the DVR+ Lister files, provided that's all it contains.
2. Delete all Shortcuts, wherever they were placed.
3. There are no entries in the Windows Registry, so nothing to do in it!

Sample Logs and TS files (a 15MB download):

If you would like to try DVR+ Lister without having to attach the USB HDD, from the DVR+, to a Windows computer, you can download some sample files and put them on your computer. See post 1 for the download link.

Download Options:

To Download the Full v15.6.19 Package (executables, CHM help file, and Source Files) in one ZIP file from host TinyUpload, Click HERE.

Or, download from the attachments to this post (see below):

Note:

In order to attach the program files that are larger than the 977KB forum limitation, they had to be compressed into a series of spanning ZIP files, and their file type renamed to .ZIP so that they can be attached. They are the 4 attachments with (EXEC) in their names. You’ll need all 4 in order to unZIP. They contain the files required to run the program, and the CHM help file, but not any of the Source Files. After downloading, remove the .ZIP extension from z01, z02,and z03, then unZIP (assuming your extractor supports spanned ZIP files).

The Source Files are separate attachments, are normal single ZIP files, and are not required unless you wish to examine them, modify them, or compile your own copy.

Attached Files
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.6.19) - (EXEC).zip (319.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.6.19) - (EXEC).z01.ZIP (900.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.6.19) - (EXEC).z02.ZIP (900.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.6.19) - (EXEC).z03.ZIP (900.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.6.19) Source Files.zip (95.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.6.19) Help Source Files.zip (975.8 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by pachinko; 01-31-2016 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Add link to version 15.7.3
post #3 of 83 Old 06-20-2015, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Just an FYI. My virus scanner (ESET) is blocking downloads from Tinyupload due to being on the list of web sites with potentially dangerous content.
post #4 of 83 Old 06-20-2015, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbusby View Post
Just an FYI. My virus scanner (ESET) is blocking downloads from Tinyupload due to being on the list of web sites with potentially dangerous content.
That’s unfortunate! My AV (Avast) has no such issues with tinyupload.

If you know of a host with the following features, I’ll post it there as well:

1. Free.

2. Displays the number of times each file is downloaded, at least to the owner.

3. Host downloads for at least 100 days before automatic deletion due to a file not being downloaded in that period.

4. Does not require personal information to register, such as address and phone number.

5. Doesn't require installing a program.

Last edited by pachinko; 06-20-2015 at 09:00 PM.
post #5 of 83 Old 06-20-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
That’s unfortunate! My AV (Avast) has no such issues with tinyupload.

If you know of a host with the following features, I’ll post it there as well:

1. Free.

2. Displays the number of times each file is downloaded, at least to the owner.

3. Host downloads for at least 100 days before automatic deletion due to a file not being downloaded in that period.

4. Does not require personal information to register, such as address and phone number.

5. Doesn't require installing a program.
I added the tinyupload url to the list of allowed sites.
pachinko likes this.
post #6 of 83 Old 06-21-2015, 12:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1343 Post(s)
Liked: 1074
It's possible that your AV was blocking the site because one of the advertisements had a virus in it, rather than the site itself. You might want to use AdBlock and NoScript to prevent such advertisements from potentially putting nasty stuff onto your PC.
post #7 of 83 Old 06-21-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It's possible that your AV was blocking the site because one of the advertisements had a virus in it, rather than the site itself. You might want to use AdBlock and NoScript to prevent such advertisements from potentially putting nasty stuff onto your PC.
I am already running AdBlock.
post #8 of 83 Old 06-23-2015, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Using Norton 360 and it blocks Tinyuploads.com entirely for malicious contents threats and recommends leaving the site. I did download the source code file, compiled it into an exec application and scanned it. Same Norton 360 reported no threats found on the compiled application.

To answer your poll. I've never moved files yet, but will try and learn to a Windows computer. I have two movies I wish to keep.
pachinko likes this.
post #9 of 83 Old 06-23-2015, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by velix View Post
Using Norton 360 and it blocks Tinyuploads.com entirely for malicious contents threats and recommends leaving the site. I did download the source code file, compiled it into an exec application and scanned it. Same Norton 360 reported no threats found on the compiled application.

To answer your poll. I've never moved files yet, but will try and learn to a Windows computer. I have two movies I wish to keep.
Thanks! That makes two AV programs that have it in for TinyUpload! I’m beginning to think that some AV programs are identifying TinyUpload.com as a threat because it’s a free service, for which you don’t even have to register to upload, which means that anyone can upload anything with less chance that they can be identified. But of course, the same is true with any free host, even those which require registration, since most will accept a disposable email address as identification for the registration.

I believe you’re the first to actually use the source to do their own compilation! I’m happy your AV didn’t throw a false positive on your compilation. That’s something that I’ve had many fights with Avast about, who every time have had to add an exception for a program of mine to their daily update, every time I update the program. So for anyone who receives an alert from their AV, wait a few days and check again. Often you’ll find it has somehow magically become uninfected! And, sometimes, an AutoIt update may resolve the problem, or even using an outdated version might do that!

It’s too bad that AVS Forum imposes a 977KB maximum attachment size limit, and does not support file types for ZIP spanning (only bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, zip). I would much prefer to host everything on AVS, but some files won’t compress that small, and without spanning it would just be a PITA for everyone!

FYI, I’ve attached the source files for the v15.6.19 Help file to post 2 . It’s 976KB, only 1KB below the maximum size allowed! If you compile them, use the name “DVR+ Lister – Help.chm”, and place the CHM in the same folder as the executables. Or, double click any of the HTML files to run externally to the program.

Good luck on getting those recordings onto you computer!

Last edited by pachinko; 06-23-2015 at 09:26 AM.
post #10 of 83 Old 06-23-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks! That makes two AV programs that have it in for TinyUpload! I’m beginning to think that some AV programs are identifying TinyUpload.com as a threat because it’s a free service, for which you don’t even have to register to upload, which means that anyone can upload anything with less chance that they can be identified. But of course, the same is true with any free host, even those which require registration, since most will accept a disposable email address as identification for the registration.

I believe you’re the first to actually use the source to do their own compilation! I’m happy your AV didn’t throw a false positive on your compilation. That’s something that I’ve had many fights with Avast about, who every time have had to add an exception for a program of mine to their daily update, every time I update the program. So for anyone who receives an alert from their AV, wait a few days and check again. Often you’ll find it has somehow magically become uninfected! And, sometimes, an AutoIt update may resolve the problem, or even using an outdated version might do that!

It’s too bad that AVS Forum imposes a 977KB maximum attachment size limit, and does not support file types for ZIP spanning (only bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, zip). I would much prefer to host everything on AVS, but some files won’t compress that small, and without spanning it would just be a PITA for everyone!

FYI, I’ve attached the source files for the v15.6.19 Help file to post 2 . It’s 976KB, only 1KB below the maximum size allowed! If you compile them, use the name “DVR+ Lister – Help.chm”, and place the CHM in the same folder as the executables. Or, double click any of the HTML files to run externally to the program.

Good luck on getting those recordings onto you computer!
I have used AutoIt in the past for testing purposes in my job (software engineer). So make that the second person who has compiled the source.
pachinko likes this.
post #11 of 83 Old 06-28-2015, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Suggestion: Lister/Previewer

I think it might be helpful if one could play a video file directly from the Lister. That is, have the Lister send the .ts file to the default video player. Just in case we need to confirm that a file is one we want to copy, it could save a step or two. To be honest, with Linux and all, I'm not sure that's even possible.

Anyway, with or without that feature, your app is a very nice piece of work. Thanks again, and thanks for the new thread.

[Signature not found -- or just not clever enough.]
post #12 of 83 Old 06-28-2015, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCrow View Post
I think it might be helpful if one could play a video file directly from the Lister. That is, have the Lister send the .ts file to the default video player. Just in case we need to confirm that a file is one we want to copy, it could save a step or two. To be honest, with Linux and all, I'm not sure that's even possible.

Anyway, with or without that feature, your app is a very nice piece of work. Thanks again, and thanks for the new thread.
Thanks, I'm glad you like DVR+ Lister, and hope it serves you well!

I agree, the ability to test play a TS recording directly from the USB HDD, by a simple double click, would be nice! Look in the source file for version 15.6.19, and you'll find it 4th on the Future To-Do list, although I don't address the To-Dos in any particular order. But, I gave it a bit of a push tonight, in the version that I've been working on for months now, and it's already working (Linux was not an issue). I have no idea when that version will be ready for release, but I'll probably update a copy of v15.6.19 with it, and maybe a couple of other things that are in what I'm working on, and release it soon (to tease like CM does)!

A word of CAUTION, which I'll repeat when it's released, and in the Help File, is that if other Shows are selected when a Show is double clicked, they will (as usual) be deselected, UNLESS the CTRL, or SHIFT, key is being held down when the Double Click is performed. Recordings with check marks in their boxes are safe (as usual).

Last edited by pachinko; 06-30-2015 at 07:59 AM.
post #13 of 83 Old 07-02-2015, 04:57 PM

Lightbulb Useful & Usefuler

Quote:
...I agree, the ability to test play a TS recording directly from the USB HDD, by a simple double click, would be nice! Look in the source file for version 15.6.19, and you'll find it 4th on the Future To-Do list ...
Very cool. Hey, I just thought of something that I might find even more useful (I didn't find it in your To Do list; but if it's already part of the Lister, ignore this annoying post). When the .ts files are copied, the option to have at least the first part of the show's description appear in the file name would help. It's one of those time-saving measures that I won't count on E*/CM to ever implement in the DVR+, but I don't think Pachinko would let us down that way!

Last edited by SirCrow; 07-02-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: to reduce
post #14 of 83 Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Very cool. Hey, I just thought of something that I might find even more useful (I didn't find it in your To Do list; but if it's already part of the Lister, ignore this annoying post). When the .ts files are copied, the option to have at least the first part of the show's description appear in the file name would help. It's one of those time-saving measures that I won't count on E*/CM to ever implement in the DVR+, but I don't think Pachinko would let us down that way!
Nope, you won't find that in the to-do list, cause it's already done! It's controlled by one of the check boxes in the upper section, in the group "Vid Filename Suffix" (see pic below).

Just make sure the "Description" box is checked, and as much of the first part of the description that will result in the file name being no more than 128 characters, will suffix the file name. You can also include the date and time the recording started. For example:
The Beverly Hillbillies (20150511 0530) - Granny uses mountain medicine on Mrs. Drysdale. Harriet MacGibbon, Irene Ryan.ts
post #15 of 83 Old 07-02-2015, 09:46 PM

Description in file name

Quote:
Nope, you won't find that in the to-do list, cause it's already done! It's controlled by one of the check boxes in the upper section, in the group "Vid Filename Suffix" (see pic below) ...
Excellent, as usual! Thanks, Pachinko. Now, if only I can find a decent, inexpensive (probably internal) Blu-ray burner, I'd have more of a reason to copy more files and do more editing! If someone would like to recommend one, that would be excellent, also.

post #16 of 83 Old 07-02-2015, 11:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1343 Post(s)
Liked: 1074
I've been happy with my LG burner. Brands don't matter much when it comes to optical drives. They have lots of moving parts, and all lasers burn out eventually, so if you burn a lot of discs, you're going to have to replace your drive every few years regardless of which brand you buy.
post #17 of 83 Old 07-03-2015, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

DVR+ Lister v15.7.3

DVR+ Lister v15.7.3 (July 3, 2015)

Go to the bottom of this post for v15.7.3 Download options

For the latest version, and other information about this program, always check the first post in this thread.

Check top of page 1 for a poll.

What’s New or Changed:

1. Automatically finds the REI and TS partitions on the USB HDD (provided it has drive letters assigned) unless the paths used in the Last Session are still valid. Manual adjustment may be needed.

2. Double-Clicking a recording in the List will play the STRMxxxx.ts video in the default video player.
CAUTION: Double-Clicking without holding the CTRL key, or the SHIFT key, will deselect previous selections!
3. Added the size of the file being copied to the Copying Video window.

4. Notify user when a conversion fails (does not result in the expected file), via a text file that opens when the entire conversion process completes, listing which recordings did not convert.

5. Increased the update speed of the List.

6. Removed the DVR+ Lister icons from the Windows System Tray (it appears on the Taskbar).

7. Minor graphic tweaks to the GUIs.

8. Updated the Q&A page in the help file based upon DVR+ version 124R and the latest information from CM such as the new list of supported USB EHDs. Plus new questions and answers such as the False Disk Error issue, how to set up TitanTV to show the CM Internet Channels, how to extract subtitles from DVR+ TS recordings, how to migrate to another USB HDD, and how to Reclaim the lost storage space on large USB HDDs formatted prior to DVR+ 124R, and retain all Recordings.

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed bug when TS files are not found, and the OK button was clicked in the message window, the REI file should have been read anyway, and the List populated, but with all List items flagged as missing. The REI file was not read, and the List was not populated.

2. Fixed bug that did not properly colorize the List item of recordings flagged as deleted, but the TS files still exist on the USB HDD. Now they are the colored properly, and their file sizes are shown as negative values in the Size column.

Installation:

1. If you intend to install over an older version, do the following:
a. Safeguard the file DVR+ Lister.ini, so that all previous settings and filters are retained.

b. Safeguard the file LastSessionData.txt, if the data from the last session is important to you.

c. Delete all other files (not folders), other than any you may have added.

d. Delete the Source and Help Source folders if they exist, unless of course you've edited any of those files, in which case rename those folders and retain for your use.
2. Download, and extract into a folder of your choice. That folder must allow write access to it by this program. Two folders are created (Source and Help Source). Those folders contain one ZIP file each consisting of the Source Files should you want to modify the program. They are NOT required to run the program and can be deleted if not desired.

3. If installed into a new folder, and you have an older version installed, copy the following files from the old version:
a. DVR+ Lister.ini (all previous settings and filters).

b. LastSessionData.txt (the data from the last session, if that's important to you).

Running the Program:

Run the program directly by double-clicking 'DVR+ Lister.exe', or make a shortcut for it and put it on the Taskbar, the Desktop, or in the Programs menu (or wherever desired), and use the shortcut to run the program. There are 2 EXE files, but only 'DVR+ Lister.exe' should be executed. It runs the second EXE automatically (only when recordings are being copied).

Note: In order for Windows computers to recognize and assign drive letters to the DVR+ USB HDD (a Linux format), the program Ext2Fsd, or similar, must be installed in Windows.

Uninstalling:

1. Delete the directory containing all of the DVR+ Lister files, provided that's all it contains.
2. Delete all Shortcuts, wherever they were placed.
3. There are no entries in the Windows Registry, so nothing to do in it!

Programming Language:

DVR Lister 15.7.3 is written and compiled in AutoIt version 3.3.13.20 (beta). AutoIt version 3.3.12.0 (the current version) was also tested. Either version can be used to recompile the program.

Sample Logs and TS files (a 15MB download):

If you would like to try DVR+ Lister without having to attach the USB HDD, from the DVR+, to a Windows computer, you can download some sample files and put them on your computer. Then point DVR+ Lister to the folders where you put the samples. See post 1 for the download link.

Download Options:

Click here to Download the Full DVR+ Lister version 15.7.3 Package in a single 4MB ZIP file (Executables, CHM help file, and Source Files) in one ZIP file from host TinyUpload.

Or, download from the attachments to this post (see below - all 5 required):

Note about attachments:
In order to attach DVR+ Lister, and adhere to the forum limitation of 977KB per attachment, the program had to be compressed into a series of spanning ZIP files, and their file type renamed to .ZIP so that they could be attached. They are the 5 attachments with (ALL) in their names. You’ll need all 5 in order to unZIP. They contain ALL of the DVR+ Lister files (the Executables, the CHM help file, and all Source Files). After downloading the (ALL) files, remove the .ZIP extension from z01, z02. z03,and z04, then unZIP (assuming your extractor supports spanned ZIP files).

If you download the attached spanned ZIP files, you'll need all 5, or you can download everything in one download using the Click Here to Download hyperlink above!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.7.3) - (ALL).zip (490.2 KB, 81 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.7.3) - (ALL).z01.ZIP (900.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.7.3) - (ALL).z02.ZIP (900.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.7.3) - (ALL).z03.ZIP (900.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: zip DVR+ Lister (v15.7.3) - (ALL).z04.ZIP (900.0 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by pachinko; 12-19-2015 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Attempt to clarify the attachments
post #18 of 83 Old 08-17-2015, 09:35 AM

Question More trouble using the Lister

Pachinko, help! Something's always trying to stop me using your Lister. Even though I got my system to find the HDD, the bug in v15.3.29 failed to find the REI file (even when I manually change the uppercase to lowercase), so I downloaded the latest version, both as 5 separate files and as the single, larger file. Well, when I try to extract the files, it now tells me something like, The same volume can not be used as both source and destination! Whatever I try, it fails. I also get error code 0x80004005 for each zipped file.

Some evil forces are trying to prevent my copying files from my DVR+ to my PC. Any idea what I can do about this? Thanks!

Joe

P.S.
McAfee warned me to stay away from the TinyUpload site, even as the files were downloading.

Last edited by SirCrow; 08-17-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add'l info
post #19 of 83 Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Pachinko, help! Something's always trying to stop me using your Lister. Even though I got my system to find the HDD, the bug in v15.3.29 failed to find the REI file (even when I manually change the uppercase to lowercase), so I downloaded the latest version, both as 5 separate files and as the single, larger file. Well, when I try to extract the files, it now tells me something like, The same volume can not be used as both source and destination! Whatever I try, it fails.

Some evil forces are trying to prevent my copying files from my DVR+ to my PC. Any idea what I can do about this? Thanks!

Joe

P.S.
McAfee warned me to stay away from the TinyUpload site, even as the files were downloading.
I think McAfee is the 3rd A/V program to flag TinyUpload (see earlier posts)! I don't know what that's all about since Avast doesn't have any problems with that site. That aside, I'm a bit confused! Did you actually download the single large file from TinyUpload, or did McAfee prevent the download? That doesn't address the extraction problem, I'm just curious.

It appears that somehow you are attempting to extract the spanning ZIP file into itself. I don't know how that would be accomplished, but that's what I'm getting out of it. Please provide the precise step by step extraction process you are using, including which extraction program and version, if you remembered to rename 4 of the 5 files or not, how you're starting the extraction process, the source path, the destination path, etc. I'm using PowerArchiver v14.6.4 and WinRAR v4.20, and all I do with either one of them is to right click on DVR+ Lister (v15.7.3) - (ALL).zip and click Extract Here from the context menu. Attach screenshots if that helps to describe the process.
post #20 of 83 Old 08-22-2015, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Feature request for the next DVR+ Lister version: Could you look at making the controls more readable if the text size (in Control Panel / Display) is set to "Larger - 150%"? It's nearly impossible to use DVR+ Lister at this setting because the text overflows most of the buttons, controls, etc.
post #21 of 83 Old 08-22-2015, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Feature request for the next DVR+ Lister version: Could you look at making the controls more readable if the text size (in Control Panel / Display) is set to "Larger - 150%"? It's nearly impossible to use DVR+ Lister at this setting because the text overflows most of the buttons, controls, etc.
Unfortunately, this is not an easy fix. It should be, but it's not.

What version of Windows are you running? In Win 8.1 (Control Panel, Display), I just drag the slide (see attached pic) all the way to the Right (Windows doesn't show what value that is), and all windows (and controls in the windows, including DVR+ Lister) scale up. I've attached a screenshot with DVR+ Lister at the largest setting. It's minimum dimensions are 1342x1058 at that setting, at the normal (smallest) setting it's 895x705 (that's a 150% difference), so I'm unsure of the problems that will cause as the vertical dimension is larger than my desktop above the taskbar (the desktop is 1920x1080).

I used to have to do special coding for a friend that liked large text in Window XP, but he changed how he was setting the text size (I think from adjusting the DPI value to setting it some other way), and after that I didn't have to do anything special. I remember quite well that he could not tell me what he did, so I still don't know.

You would think there would be a simple setting in AutoIt that would take care of this, but there's not (at least not that I am aware). Instead, the dimensions and placement for every button, check box, window size, list size, etc has to be given a scale factor, based upon the Windows Settings (a nightmare).

Does anyone know how to set Windows XP and 7 to use larger everything (like Win8), without adjusting the DPI setting? If you do, please let us know, as that might solve this problem quickly and simply. If not, I'll see what I can do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Largest Size value for Text an other Items in Wn8.1 Pro Display Window.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	902610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Win 8.1 Display Setting for Largest Font and Other Items.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	902618  

Last edited by pachinko; 08-28-2015 at 08:35 PM.
post #22 of 83 Old 08-23-2015, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Yeah, I'm using Win 7. I do have Win 8 (Pro, with WMC) if I have to go that route, but I haven't booted it up in over a year, and it's not worth the inevitable hair-pulling just to fix this one issue.

The only way I know of to scale up the DVR+ Lister screen would be to return to 100%, then deliberately reduce the display resolution so the individual pixels would be bigger.

You'd think M$ would have figured out how to scale up displays sometime before Windows 8. I would have expected it by about Windows 98 myself.
post #23 of 83 Old 09-02-2015, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Work on this Windows Display Scaling issue is in progress. There is no scheduled date for completion.

Quote:
... You'd think M$ would have figured out how to scale up displays sometime before Windows 8. I would have expected it by about Windows 98 myself.
Yep, it took them long enough! I mentioned in an earlier post, that Windows 8/8.1 automatically scales windows, including DVR+ Lister, without having to do special coding. However, I've found that is not true for the 125% scale (a Windows bug I assume). Windows 10 appears to handle Display Scaling perfectly for 100%, 125%, 150%, and 175% without the need of the program being used to scale anything.
post #24 of 83 Old 09-05-2015, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Much better Display Scaling in Windows 10

Below are links to articles about Windows 10 Display Scaling. For those that adjust Windows for larger text (and associated items), or have multiple monitors of different resolutions, and are thinking about Windows 10, they may be worth a look. There are many more articles if you do some Googling.

What I’ve found, while updating DVR+ Lister to support Display Scaling, is that nothing had to be done for proper scaling of the GUI elements in Windows 10. In prior versions, including Windows 8.1 at 125%, special scaling had to be added to each and every element of each GUI, except for the text itself. If your scaling is larger than 96 DPI (100%), you’ve probably seen programs where text overflows their container. In Windows 10, that doesn’t seem to happen, at least it doesn’t with DVR+ Lister.

Windows 10 Feature Focus: Display Scaling

Use Windows 10's individual display scaling to perfect your multi-monitor setup

How to Change your DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10

To 4K, and beyond: Windows 10 nails UltraHD displays
post #25 of 83 Old 09-05-2015, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbusby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by velix View Post
Quote:
... McAfee warned me to stay away from the TinyUpload site, even as the files were downloading.
Anyone who would like to see how many A/V programs rank an executable program, or a web site, try Google's free VirusTotal web site (https://www.virustotal.com/en/). I checked TinyUpload.com today, and 63 out of 63 tools give it a clean bill of health!
post #26 of 83 Old 09-19-2015, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 223
How the work with parsing Ratings going ?
post #27 of 83 Old 09-19-2015, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
How the work with parsing Ratings going ?
I've acquired new data on the logs from last week, entirely parsing each log file. And I've acquired data from 33 more recordings, which include TV-Y7 and TV-MA. Still having lots of interruptions, but maybe I can send you something later today. Lots of questions, and inconsistencies.
post #28 of 83 Old 10-04-2015, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
DVR+ Lister Video Copier Errors

I'm getting an error on some of my recordings when trying to use the DVR+ Lister Video Copier (FFmpeg). The programs play on the DVR+ fine but immediately abort when trying to convert them.

I have attached the copier setting screenshot as well as 2 sets of error screenshots and the error reports they generate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Z
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ Lister Copier Settings.png
Views:	53
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	976657   Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ Error Screen.png
Views:	38
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	976665   Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR+ Error Screen 2.png
Views:	35
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	976689  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Conversion_Failures.txt (389 Bytes, 8 views)
File Type: txt Conversion_Failures 2.txt (502 Bytes, 7 views)
post #29 of 83 Old 10-04-2015, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonker007 View Post
I'm getting an error on some of my recordings when trying to use the DVR+ Lister Video Copier (FFmpeg). The programs play on the DVR+ fine but immediately abort when trying to convert them.

I have attached the copier setting screenshot as well as 2 sets of error screenshots and the error reports they generate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Z
The ffmpeg parameters are okay, and work fine for me. I'm guessing, but it appears that ffmpeg is having trouble sending the output to your network. I don't have a network to test it, and I'm not familiar with what the path should look like. Have you verified that the output path an file name (in the text files you attached) are correct and acceptable to the network?

Try directing the output to a Windows folder on the local machine. Please let me know if that solves the problem, and I'll see if I can find out if ffmpeg supports output to a network. It appears that ffmpeg will keep a log if directed to do so, and if that's correct I'll be adding that ability to DVR+ Lister.

I'm assuming you're running DVR+ Lister version 15.7.3, although that shouldn't matter as far as the Converter is concerned. Maybe the latest version of ffmpeg will help?

I would appreciate advice from anyone with network experience and ffmpeg!
post #30 of 83 Old 10-04-2015, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
The ffmpeg parameters are okay, and work fine for me. I'm guessing, but it appears that ffmpeg is having trouble sending the output to your network. I don't have a network to test it, and I'm not familiar with what the path should look like. Have you verified that the output path an file name (in the text files you attached) are correct and acceptable to the network?
Yes I have successfully copied many other shows exactly the same way. The network drive is just a Samba - SMB/CIFS windows share.

Quote:
Try directing the output to a Windows folder on the local machine. Please let me know if that solves the problem, and I'll see if I can find out if ffmpeg supports output to a network. It appears that ffmpeg will keep a log if directed to do so, and if that's correct I'll be adding that ability to DVR+ Lister.
I tried directing the output file directly to the desktop and it had the same failed result.

Quote:
I'm assuming you're running DVR+ Lister version 15.7.3, although that shouldn't matter as far as the Converter is concerned. Maybe the latest version of ffmpeg will help?
Yes I installed the latest version of all the programs.

Maybe there is an invalid character in the title of the DVR+ name?

Thanks,

Z
pachinko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page