DVR Ate My Programming! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-03-2015, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy DVR Ate My Programming!

We have a DCH6416 DVR from our cable company. Last week we noticed that our list of series recordings was much shorter than it had been a week before. Looking in the DVR history, we saw that seven series recordings had been removed (all at one time), with the explanation for each being "Series Cancellation by the System." The cable company says the deletions were a glitch, but it seems to me that a glitch wouldn't log what it did. Anyone know of a legitimate reason for the system to delete my programming?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-03-2015, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwhalen View Post
<snip>. Anyone know of a legitimate reason for the system to delete my programming?

How about: "*hit that sometimes happens, when a computer is involved?"

There's all sorts of reasons why stuff like this sometimes can happen. You have to be a detective and figure it out depending on the circumstances. If it was actual recordings, perhaps it was simply a system-wide glitch as your provider mentioned. In which case you might ask your neighbors if they noticed something also, as it would likely affect others. For instance, I'm sure there's some sort of flag that the cable company can set, that will automatically cause certain recorded programs to "self-destruct" after a certain period of time. Whether they were watched or not. Perhaps that got turned on by accident when somebody at the cable company was playing around.

Really, all you can do now is figure out what shows vanished, and get them from somewhere else, or setup new timers to re-record them (if they'll be reshown)

Last edited by Primestar31; 08-03-2015 at 08:54 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-03-2015, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No, it wasn't the recordings, it was the setup of the 7 series recordings, which we did put back. Interestingly, 4 of the 7 series had been cancelled or are airing their last season. Perhaps we have a big brother? I get tired of the cable companies two main solutions for everything, either reset it or exchange it. I was hoping someone with more detailed knowledge of this DVR might provide illumination.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-04-2015, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 27
You'll probably get other responses, maybe even from others that know specifically about this dvr. However, not everybody stays up all night, so it might take a while...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
dch6416 , hddvr , series cancellation
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page