Aura Live Android TV with DVR - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2016, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Aura Live Android TV with DVR

Hi AVS forums! Aura Media did an AMA on Reddit a few weeks ago and a user named Jericko told us that AVS forums would be interested to hear about a new Android TV DVR set top box. You can read the AMA in /r/cordcutters. I wasn't able to post the link as I'm a new user here.

Aura Live is an Android TV based DVR that allows users to watch and DVR live television. You'll be able to install and use any Android application on this device, and it's completely rooted. You can stream from popular apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and much more. Aura includes the latest version of Kodi Media Center, and you can even install Plex on this device. Our goal with this device is to have an all-in-one cord cutting solution that allows people to DVR live tv and still have access to unlimited streaming options. Please let us know if you have any questions that we can answer.

Here are the device specifications:

Quad Core CPU
Quad Core GPU
8 GB internal storage
Micro SD Port Expandable Storage upto 64GB
HD ATSC (1) Tuner
Bluetooth
WiFi
Ethernet Port
4 USB ports
Optical Audio
HDMI Port Full 1080p@60 HD
RCA A/V Port
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2016, 06:46 PM
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Is this it?

From their website:

"AURA is a complete solution for ditching cable. You’ll be able to watch FREE Live TV, Free Movies, Free Episodes, and FREE sporting events. With Live TV you’ll be able to bring up a channel guide, pause, record and even schedule events to be recorded. You’ll even be able to enjoy your favorite streaming apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and more. The average cable bill is $80/month. AURA pays for itself within the first two months."

I've added this to my "Options" thread.

Last edited by wajo; 01-15-2016 at 09:50 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2016, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wajo,

Yep! That's us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders