Tivo bolt black screen changing channels when HDMI UHD color enabled on HDMI input - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-05-2016, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tivo bolt black screen changing channels when HDMI UHD color enabled on HDMI input

ok so my 4K tv (samsung KS9000) offers a "HDMI UHD Color" mode which states
"An HDMI connection with HDMI UHD Color set to Off supports up to UHD 50P/60P 4:2:0 input signals,
while an HDMI connection with HDMI UHD Color set to On supports up to UHD 50P/60P 4:4:4 and 4:2:2
input signals"

the tivo is set to 4K (2160p 60fps or 2160 fps)

I do have this hooked to a AV receiver Marantz NR1607 but it does the same when going directly to the tv so i don't see that as a cause

i just get a short 1sec black screen when i change the channel, is this the tivo trying to change the resolution?

HDCP 2.2 is enabled

i can turn off the feature and all goes back to normal but since normally this would go through the receiver I would like to have this feature enabled unless i don't need it at all
thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 1073
Moved to recorders forum.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders