JVC 30K DVHS Stuck Tape Inside
Last night I moved a 30K which had been untouched for at least a year from the office to the bedroom to connect to my desktop.
A tape has been in this problematic deck for a long time and as I recall the last time I used the deck it worked OK.
Last night upon powering on the powerstrip I get the following:
1. Optical out on back near firewire port is glowing red telling me it is getting power.
2. The Digi Picture and S-ET indicators light up but then after a few seconds turn off.
3. A fan or motor spins up for a few seconds. It does not seem to be the large fan bolted to the back which is quite loud. This is a quiet hum.
4. There is no power to the front display at all. Pressing the power button did nothing at all nor the eject / transport controls. Unresponsive to remote control.
5. Tape is stuck inside with now way to eject and the unit is not functioning at all.
There is a HDNet tape in the machine I would like to save. Kinda hard to find as are all DTHeater titles which are getting more scarce each year.
Also-does anyone know if the DVE 720p/1080i calibration tapes are D-Theater protected, or are they in the clear and will play on JVC, mits, and panny DVHS decks?