Summary and Updates on Comcast HD DVR Deployment -- All Areas - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 885 Old 04-27-2004, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
slickshoes,

Thanks. I called Comcast and they said those remotes aren't launched in Northern California yet but it seems fender4645 has a few already so wonder if he has the same remote or not.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@DNALOGIC.NET
President/CEO - DNA Logic Corporation - San Francisco - http://www.DNALOGIC.NET
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 885 Old 04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

I take my statement back...my remote looks similar but not exactly like the one pictured above. My remote has a big 'On Demand' button in the middle but does not have the 'My DVR' button or DVR controls at the top. If I remember, I'll take a picture when I get home tonight.
post #543 of 885 Old 04-27-2004, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Almighty1,

The remote in post #538 is very close to the one your looking for. The one you are looking for is identical to post #538, but has one more button near the top, between the red (all on) button and the play (>) button. It is black and marked ON DEMAND.
The name of this remote is (Comcast Custom DVR 3-Device Universal Remote.

Hope this helps,
Ben Music
post #544 of 885 Old 04-27-2004, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

fender4645,

Would be great if you can get a picture since it seems like everyone has a different DCT620x remote.

Ben Music,

It seems like the remote in post #538 is similar to the remote I have as well except I am missing around 3-4 buttons in that area where the Play buttons are. Seems like the remote that you're mentioning and the one that is in 538 might be the same one except maybe yours is really a Comcast Custom DVR 3-Device + ON DEMAND Universal Remote. :) The one I have is called Comcast Custom 3 Device Universal Remote.

Cheers,
post #545 of 885 Old 04-27-2004, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Regarding remotes, also try:

http://www.urcsupport.com/

EDIT: Try miatasm's informative website regarding oneforall remote controls:

http://www.cjhengineering.com/hdtv/c.../dctremote.htm
post #546 of 885 Old 04-27-2004, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thorr
dfedders,

Install Round 2 for me is Thursday night. Ken H took care of it again. When they called me I told them what happened the first time, and they assured me it would be ok this time.

Mike
Cool. Let us know how it goes. Ken H spoke to his contacts again at Comcast for me, and they should call me this week to schedule another appointment.
post #547 of 885 Old 04-27-2004, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Almighty1
fender4645,

Would be great if you can get a picture since it seems like everyone has a different DCT620x remote.
The Second link that Sonoma posted (http://www.cjhengineering.com/hdtv/c...v/IM008262.JPG) has the remote I have (it's the silver remote on the left). The big black button towards the top says 'OnDemand' and under it are the Play, Pause, Record, etc. buttons.
post #548 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 06:07 AM

Same remote I have with my Pace 550 (without the OnDemand button). GREAT remote.

Dave Cook
post #549 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 07:47 AM

Guys,

The remote in post 547 looks like the one that comes with the 6200. The one I got with the 6208 (silver) has one extra row of buttons between the (stop-pause-rec) and the (A-B-C) buttons.
They are the (back-my dvr-and live) buttons. The instruction sheet that came with the remote calls it the ON DEMAND Comcast Custom DVR 3-Device Universal Remote Control. (M1067/8 09/03)

Hope this helps,
Ben Music
post #550 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 09:03 AM

Yes...Ben, I have the same remote as you. That extra row of buttons under (stop) (pause) (record) are (replay) (my dvr) (live tv). The replay button is great, it backs up 15 seconds. The live tv button comes in real handy to jump right back to the live feed. I'm loving this stuff so far. I was able to program my URC-9960 Kameleon with all the Functions of the Comcast DVR romote and it works great.

Crime Warner MDN 2.4.4-16
post #551 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fender4645
The Second link that Sonoma posted (http://www.cjhengineering.com/hdtv/c...v/IM008262.JPG) has the remote I have (it's the silver remote on the left). The big black button towards the top says 'OnDemand' and under it are the Play, Pause, Record, etc. buttons.
Interesting.... The remote I have now which is called the Comcast Custom 3-Device Universal Remote Control looks the same except it doesn't have the big black ON DEMAND button. So I guess your remote really has just one extra button and is not the DVR model remote. I thought the Rewind, Play, FFW, Stop, Pause, Rec buttons were for controlling a VCR.

Cheers,
post #552 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Music
Guys,

The remote in post 547 looks like the one that comes with the 6200. The one I got with the 6208 (silver) has one extra row of buttons between the (stop-pause-rec) and the (A-B-C) buttons.
They are the (back-my dvr-and live) buttons. The instruction sheet that came with the remote calls it the ON DEMAND Comcast Custom DVR 3-Device Universal Remote Control. (M1067/8 09/03)

Hope this helps,
Ben Music
Pretty interesting. The remote that came with the 5100 is similar to the one in post 547 except there in no "ON-DEMAND" button. It's called the Comcast Custom 3-Device Universal Remote Control. (M1058 05/03). Seems like the one for the 6208 has the extra row of buttons - back, my drv and live buttons but it doesn't have the ON-DEMAND button either. I wonder on the remote in post 547, are the Rew, Play, FFW, Stop, Pause, Rec buttons actually for DVR or for the VCR/DVD Player/PVR. I'll find out what remote I'll get when they come swap my 5100 with a 6200 tomorrow. The Comcast dispatcher told me that the remotes for the DCT5100 and DCT6200 were identical.

Cheers,
post #553 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by slickshoes
Yes...Ben, I have the same remote as you. That extra row of buttons under (stop) (pause) (record) are (replay) (my dvr) (live tv). The replay button is great, it backs up 15 seconds. The live tv button comes in real handy to jump right back to the live feed. I'm loving this stuff so far. I was able to program my URC-9960 Kameleon with all the Functions of the Comcast DVR romote and it works great.
What does the live tv button do exactly? Seems strange that the DVR remote doesn't have the ON DEMAND button, I wonder is there another way to do it.

Cheers,
post #554 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:46 AM

I just got an e-mail from one of the guys at the headend for Comcast in SW Florida. Forwarded from the supervisor, actually. It looks like I'm on the top of the list for HD DVR beta testing when they eventually show up. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one :D

Dave Cook
post #555 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not at home, so I can't check, but my remote looks like the picture in the post above. I have the on-demand button but no 3 buttons under the stop-freeze-record ones. The rewind, play, FF buttons do work the DVR. The FF is quirky, sometimes it works, sometimes it freezes. I've only tried it a few times as I just started playing with it. It does record a very good HD signal.

Rich N.
post #556 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

raidbuck,

I guess the buttons will work as long as you program it for the correct device manufacturer for that AUX device. I still wonder what the 3 buttons do exactly and is there another way to do it if the remote doesn't have those 3 buttons.

Cheers,
post #557 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:56 AM

The Live TV button, goes back to the live feed version of whatever you are watching. For instance, lets say I'm watching a Laker game and use the replay button, which backs up 15 sec. and plays that piece. I am now 15 sec. behind the live feed. If I wanted to "catch up" to the live feed being broad casted, I would hit the (live tv) button which would jump back to the live feed. The same holds true if I was watching the live feed and used the rewind function...hope this cleared stuff up.

On the flip side, what does the (on demand) button do on the 6200 remote??

Crime Warner MDN 2.4.4-16
post #558 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
For the systems that have OnDemand, the OnDemand button takes you directly to the OnDemand menu - bypassing the main menu.

ENJOY!

David
post #559 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by faceoff
For the systems that have OnDemand, the OnDemand button takes you directly to the OnDemand menu - bypassing the main menu.

ENJOY!

David
with all this discussions about what remote has which button, maybe I'llhave to pull mine out of the drawer (not). All the more reason to have something like a Harmony Remote so have access to everything (and can put it wherever you want. When they eventually get VOD and/or DVR in the Bay Area I'll just add those functions from the existing Harmony database that's online.
post #560 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The Live TV button, goes back to the live feed version of whatever you are watching. For instance, lets say I'm watching a Laker game and use the replay button, which backs up 15 sec. and plays that piece. I am now 15 sec. behind the live feed. If I wanted to "catch up" to the live feed being broad casted, I would hit the (live tv) button which would jump back to the live feed. The same holds true if I was watching the live feed and used the rewind function...hope this cleared stuff up.

Pretty interesting... I geuss one just puts you back in what's currently being broadcasted.

Cheers,
post #561 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Almighty1
I thought the Rewind, Play, FFW, Stop, Pause, Rec buttons were for controlling a VCR.
They are also used for VOD (except for the Rec. button, obviously) so you can pause, FF, RW, and play VOD content.
post #562 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 01:12 PM
edv

Quote:
Originally posted by faceoff

ENJOY!

David
Entering "001" will also take you there.
post #563 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone seen the "soft rollout" of DVRs hit the Philadelphia market (not the Main Line suburbs)?

-Chris
post #564 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fender4645
They are also used for VOD (except for the Rec. button, obviously) so you can pause, FF, RW, and play VOD content.
I always wondered how VOD worked. Thanks! :) But it's weird that the people with the DVR remotes don't have the ON-DEMAND button.

Cheers,
post #565 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's a picture of all the Comcast Silver remotes.... The regular Silver, the Silver with ON-DEMAND and the Silver with DVR.

http://sun.HAWAII-ISP.NET/~vince/ComcastRemotes.JPG

Cheers,
post #566 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 08:24 PM

Mines the one in the middle. Came with my new Pace DC550P. I'll say it again - excellent remote! Turns on my TV, STB and Speakers with one button. I can get to all functions of the STB by pressing menu twice and zoom works by pressing the enter button at the bottom right. Instead of using AUX for my DVD I use it for my Bose Freestyle speakers (which only cost $399, BTW) so that I can control the volume from the remote.

Anybody know how I can check the bit rate of the Pace 550? There's got to be a magic button combo to get into service mode but I haven't found it yet...

Dave Cook
post #567 of 885 Old 04-28-2004, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, the one in the middle is the one I have for now until I find out what they will give me when they swap my Motorola DCT5100 with a DCT6200. I have a Millennium 4 remote for the other Motorola DCT2000 which I don't know if I should keep or not as it has the same functions as the one in the middle but larger and controls 4 devices instead of 3. This is the one:

http://www.ueic.com/products/cable/images/m4.jpg
http://www.urcsupport.com/index_files/Millennium4_2.jpg

There is a sliding door which reveals the playback buttons as well as some other buttons. I don't think the Motorola boxes have a zoom function since pressing enter twice just puts one into the TVGuide thing of the Digital Music channels.

Cheers,
post #568 of 885 Old 04-29-2004, 07:32 AM

Almighty1,

The silver remote that I discribed in post #549, that came with my 6208 has both the MY DVR and the ON DEMAND as well as the 15 sec BACKSPACE and LIVE buttons. In otherwords, if you look at all three remotes on your post #565, every button on all three are included in this one.

Hope this clears things up,
Ben Music
post #569 of 885 Old 04-29-2004, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Ben Music,

So in the pictures in my post #565, there is a 4th remote which is basically the one on the left and the one on the right combined? What does the bottom of your portion of your remote look like since in my post above, the first two don't have that extra boxed spacing like on the third one.

Cheers,
post #570 of 885 Old 04-29-2004, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

One question on remotes, does anyone know on the Silver remotes, if one can access the RF Bypass function as I noticed that button is missing on the Silver remotes but is on the larger remotes.

Cheers,
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page