Ok, I have my first 2 way communication with TVGOS broadcast in about 1 year!
Did Rovi fix something at cbs (BUT) it's probably Tonys recent thread/posts with lgdavis & veets, about digital sub-channels & mapping, that they think is confusing my 3410 or my Artec box, who knows? Trying their fix & is working, THANKS! See set up below.
As learned in past, when I changed my local zip code to one a few miles away TVGOS would ask me a question, like do I get the golf channel and/or is KXXX on channel 19, so I knew TVGOS was broadcasting & communicating with my set up, plus clock would update/correct and guide light cycle off for 5-30 minutes and back on twice a day.
This is happening and have a updating clock and about a 70 channel TV guide Schedule. turned off all but about 10 channels on/in guide schedual. WOW a great schedule, no data yet, just replyied to TVGOSs cable channel question.
My guide light cycled off and back on at exactly 2:30am, central time, last night!
[size="2"]Update 1 I have full scheduals listing data!
Update 2 Just one lock up my fault, to big schd and moved to fast.
Update 3 Guide light stopped staying on after editing 3410s channels,[b]Having a bad, guide host channel lost, issue, not updating data.
Update 4 Repaired my guide host! the only way it worked was changed my zip-it's working. The Artec dosen't seem to work/update data after editing channels, unless I change zip code, and answer channel guide question, new quirk, [size="3"]whatta pain[/SIZE
-------------- Set Up using some of our forums tricks.------------
1. Stablize your OTA digital reception, see tips below.
2. I split OTA cable to my TV, to 3410 rf antenna in, to Artec rf in, and then Artec out to 3410 cable rf input, will merge cable analog later see note below.
For ease of editing/watching Artecs stuff/menu I ran its AV out, RCA Y,R,W, to my TVs AV input.
3. In Artec set up, I ran factory reset, auto scanned channels,
(THE KEY!) then I turned off CBS 11-2 sub-channel in Artec channel selector/editor, (Hou. CBS uses 11-1 as 1st main channel) .
plus as precaution turned off other PBS/FOX/NBC/ABC/SPANISH sub-channels - like my PBSs 8-2, 8-3, 8-4 subs.
4. Tuned Artec to show CBS - then turned on its TVGOS support.
5. In 3410 set up cable/yes - cable box/no. If you want but you shouldn't have to, I changed zip, to any local zip code, I used cbs antennas zip,. Converters fake/manual/zips messed me up, wouldn't try 'em.
6. Ran 3410 channel auto scan on the (cable type-IRC setting), As expected it only found channel 3 on cable, & all OTA channels.
7. Gave/assigned CBS anolog (logo & call letters) channel 3, in 3410 TVGOS channel set up, CAUTION Do this but don't edit/remove any channel 3 station that shows up in schedual or editor. host channel problem/bug-FYI, FIX-Host, only way was changed my zip and it it's working, resherch update later.
If it all keeps working & 3410a doesn't lock up to much I will merge Artecs channel 3 with Comcast analog feed later, probably block cable 2, 3, & 4 then merge Artecs cnl. 3 with 'em, (unless someone has a easier work around.) For now I'll quick swap them when recording cable stuff., if not I'll let data run out in a week, unplug Artec & go back to VCR+.
If you power cycle Artec/Pal with 3410, don't forget to turn converter box back on & it turns off with power outages.
I used google maps, satelite view, to find CBSs brodcasting antenna, used & their zip code, figured if any zips worked theirs would, plus got a accurate heading to point my antenna at, a storm spun my antenna around.
If you don't have analog cable TV and don't want a Comcast style large schedule, try just merging Pal or Artec back into OTA cable, then to 3410 antenna in rf and use cable box-no in 3410 set up, should work and give OTA schedual.
Just for fun/MORE reading, a tvgos site post--Have several horrible replys from Rovi and no hard facts.
FYI, Repaired host issue, may help fixing your bombs.
Our old, tvgos version and our tvgos memory space on LG LST-3410a sucks, but quality HD OTA/QAM and easy replacing 120s with 300 or 500 gig h-drives, is awesome, better than most & the pay for HDDRs.
When Artec/tvgos worked on a lot of other HDRs, it's been a real pain on 3410s. Had to use VCR+ for 1yr, DVT-Pals weren't much better, [b]I'll fix our 3410/Aretec bugs unless I croak 1st[.
Richard No TVGOS data from converter box-CBS or Comcast analog local in Hou., box works, for clock update, prevents redoing recording schedual.