LG LST-3410A Review and Discussion - Page 244 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

Old 03-30-2016, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan J View Post
It's been a while since the 3 DVR's have been left 'on' 24/7.
Wife has been using them to augment her time shifting, with OTA and QAM (from Cable) feeds.... We've encountered one Cable Channel (Fox) on QAM channel 117.3 that will go through the motions of recording an hour show, and when it gets time to playback the recorded time is randomly less than an hour, and entire show is not recorded. This happens on all 4 units, (I left one stock with 120Gb Drive, as well as two with 1TB Sata's, and one with 330GB Quickview).... For this reason, I'm thinking it is something encrypted into the feed.

Other than that one channel..... Everything is working fine...

For the past 8 + years, Fox 5 has given me the most trouble as far as reception goes.... that includes straight from a cable box, the QAM wall feed, and OTA. It might be something in the feed, but from what I've experienced, it's a loss in signal quality, even if only momentary.

Here in New York, Fox 5 and My 9 share the same OTA frequency. There are two sub-channels on Fox 5, and three on My 9, which to me translates into in an inadequate signal.
When I had my LG hooked up to QAM, Fox 5 gave me the most problems. If all your machines react the same way, then I would suspect it's the fault of the broadcaster. BTW, I also have two LG HD tuners from the same era as the 3410A, had the same reception problems with them on Fox 5.... namely the signal would actually drift to a sub-channel, with Spanish-language programming. I used the LG tuners in conjunction with DVD recorders; day after a recording, instead of the.... at the time, interesting programming, I'd get some off-the-wall show recorded instead of Fox 5. This used to drive me crazy.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2016, 06:00 PM
ebo
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I vaguely recall that early MyHD cards had trouble with Fox stations. It had something to do with a difference in the way Fox fed programming to its affiliates compared with how everyone else did it. The developers eventually came up with a software fix but I don't remember any details.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
I vaguely recall that early MyHD cards had trouble with Fox stations. It had something to do with a difference in the way Fox fed programming to its affiliates compared with how everyone else did it. The developers eventually came up with a software fix but I don't remember any details.
splicers? I recall fox being problematic also.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
splicers? I recall fox being problematic also.
I used to do some free lance work at Fox in Chicago... They used a 'splicer' and it was noisy and glitchy as all getout... compared to a HD switcher and and ATSC encoder.... At first they had weather on sub channel, but then removed it...

Regarding the LG DVR's:
The 2x 3410a's with TB drives (Sata to IDE converter) and left 'on' full time have been doing a great job for the wife.

We encountered an issue with all units Not decoding a channel, (Black with audio displayed) but that was fixed by a power cycle. Doesn't follow a modified unit, so it must be something it 'saw' off the local OTA or Cable channels..... and a reset returned all to normal operation...

Looking for a 1939 Indian Motocycle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement