Anybody got their units yet? I'm very eager to hear more about other opinions on this unit.
One thing that really scared me at first was the fact that they were using the "Gemstar TV On Screen" service, which I thought would dictate the UI too. I currently have a Mot5108 and the Comcast "TV Guide" UI is the worst UI experience I've ever had with my A/V components. But after looking at the manual, it looks like the UI is different.
A few questions for those who tried it so far:
1. Is the UI responsive? How long does it take to change a channel?
2. How annoying are the ads in the guide view?
3. It is easy to search something? (can you search?)
4. Can you hide channels on the guide? Do you skip them when doing a Channel Up/Down?
5. Is there any conflict management? If so, what does it look like?
6. On a scheduled recording, will it automatically change the time if the guide knows about a schedule change for a specific show? Or is it fixed time-wise?
7. Do you have to keep the unit turned on for it to record a scheduled show?
8. How noisy/hot is the unit?
9. I know this is probably different depending on the area, but the unit says it supports unscrambled digital CATV. Are there any non-HD digital channels known to be unscrambled (we have Comcast here)?
Thank you very much in advance.