How to record via IEEE 1394 (Firewire) to Windows XP - Page 203 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #6061 of 6065 Old 12-20-2015, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
Comcast forced me to switch boxes recently, saying my old DHC3416 (?) wouldn't work anymore due to a change in their transmission, and although the new Motorola RNG200N seemed to work initially using the firewire out to my JVC D-VHS recorder, it then got glitchy, cut out for no apparent reason and needed frequent rebooting, but now it seems totally dead for all channels.

I need a smart person here who can translate the jargon on my service menu screen which I believe tells me if I should have any success. My JVC D-VHS deck seems to successfully see a signal it calls "DCX-3500" and most TV stations I access all say: "CCI: 0x00, DRM: 0x01" but HBOHD says: "CCI: 0x02, DRM: 0x01". Thing is I unfortunately never bothered to check what the old box said about these channels because they all worked, even HBOHD, but now I can't get anything. Would some translator here please tell me if I have any hope?
CCI 0 = Copy Freely
CCI 2 = Copy Only Once
Your DVH deck should be able to record both signals, but your JVC deck will not allow copies of the first recording on 0x2 flagged material.
m. zillch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6062 of 6065 Old 12-20-2015, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
CCI 0 = Copy Freely
CCI 2 = Copy Only Once
Your DVH deck should be able to record both signals, but your JVC deck will not allow copies of the first recording on 0x2 flagged material.
Thanks. How about a translation guide for the "DRM: 0x01" status part of it? I assume it stands for digital rights management, right?

P.S. Or might you know of any other reason why firewire shows as connected and enabled, "Yes", but has no image?

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".

Last edited by m. zillch; 12-20-2015 at 01:18 PM.
post #6063 of 6065 Old 01-10-2016, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I've read and experienced dvr with 1 firewire out is glitchy and will not give a clean recording to d-vhs deck. You need 2 outputs even though only 1 is being used. Of course all newer boxes only seem to have 1 output.
post #6064 of 6065 Old 01-10-2016, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 24
My 6416 stopped working (kept rebooting constantly). Now can't get any picture to come up. Don't think hard drive is bad , maybe power supply. Is it possible to get these things fixed? Dvr at 100% full and can't get unit to stay on to get programs off of it to d-vhs deck.
post #6065 of 6065 Old 07-04-2016, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm trying to post a question as a reply to post #6004 from TN0821 (not being allowed to quote that post):

I have a Motorola DCX3510-M and I'm trying what you had posted. I have Win8.1x32, firewire cable not yet connected and when I attempt (actually attempted several times) to install your STB driver, no driver for 'digital AV/C tuner' or sometimes it shows 'Motorola DCX35xx AV/C Panel' (as shown with yellow indicator in devmgr)' ever gets installed. Since this is an MSI file (with no apparent means to extract contents to attempt manual driver install), I don't know to further proceed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page