Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 6031 Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B View Post

Im a super noob to this stuff and am having the dumbest problem.

Ive connected the firewire cable (6pin to 6pin) to both the PC and cable box but I dont even get a Found Hardwire pop up.

Ive tried both ports on the cable box and theres only 1 port on the PC so I dont know what to try next.

I have a motorloa box (not sure what model #), the firmware is 09.19, software 71.44-1203, model: DCT

Is there a menu that will tell me if the firewire ports are even turned on? And how do I see if a channel has 5C?

Thanks

It sounds like your firewire ports are turned off. If you turn off the power and then hit the select/OK button right away, you'll get into a read-only config menu. It may take a few tries, but you can do it. It should show the number of firewire ports you have hooked up to a PC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 6031 Old 01-18-2006, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkresh View Post

I am having some problems, I have a motorolla dct6412 III (comcast), and when I install the drivers I get something under devicemanager -> imaging devinces -> Tuner Avc/device, which is using the meidvhs driver and which shows its hardware to be teh 6412,, however when I open capvhs it says cant find capture device. Any suggestions? The one note I have is that when i went to panosonic I didnt see "D-VHS AV/C Device" I saw digital tuner avc, tuner avc, dvtape, dvcam, and I tried several different ones of those, though if I am using hte mei driver should it matter which one I selected?

Right-click the device and select update driver. Follow all the steps listed in step one (the very first post in this thread) until you see the "Have Disk" button. Use that to browse to the driver file you downloaded. Then pick the Panasonic device exactly as listed in the very first post in this thread.

I had the same problem until I did this.
post #2163 of 6031 Old 01-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indirect View Post

Does anybody else have this problem?

After recording with CapDVHS.exe via firewire the Motorola 6412 will not fast forward and barely can rewind. The only way to fix this is to cold boot (unplug) the cable box. Sorry if this has been covered before. I searched, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks guys

I have the same problem on my 3412I
post #2164 of 6031 Old 01-18-2006, 04:29 PM

Is anyone here able to record PPV HD movies?
post #2165 of 6031 Old 01-18-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkresh View Post

I am having some problems, I have a motorolla dct6412 III (comcast), and when I install the drivers I get something under devicemanager -> imaging devinces -> Tuner Avc/device, which is using the meidvhs driver and which shows its hardware to be teh 6412,, however when I open capvhs it says cant find capture device. Any suggestions? The one note I have is that when i went to panosonic I didnt see "D-VHS AV/C Device" I saw digital tuner avc, tuner avc, dvtape, dvcam, and I tried several different ones of those, though if I am using hte mei driver should it matter which one I selected?

try installing from these drivers. you should be able to install the motorola 6412 av/c tuner and 6412 av/c panel rather then trying to use the panasonic dvhs drivers. the panel driver makes channel changing possible. included is channel.exe and readme to explain changing channels via firewire.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post6624100
post #2166 of 6031 Old 01-18-2006, 09:17 PM

thanks texasdeville, those drivers worked
post #2167 of 6031 Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 PM

slim79, that link is interesting, didnt know anyone had found a way to make it work with mce, admitidly it is abit of a kludge, but a cool one none the less
post #2168 of 6031 Old 01-19-2006, 02:58 AM

Seems like Ishloss & I have the same problem. So does anybody else have problems with their cable boxes fastforwarding & rewinding after firewire recordings. I'm interested in anybody in the Covington Kentucky area subscribing to Insight. Perhaps if others in the area have no problems then all I need is a new box.

Ishloss, I'm interest in your Firmware version and Provider. I have Firmware 12.22 by the way. Also, I've never heard of a 3412I. Is it a Motorola DVR?

Thanks
post #2169 of 6031 Old 01-19-2006, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Seems like Ishloss & I have the same problem. So does anybody else have problems with their cable boxes fastforwarding & rewinding after firewire recordings. I'm interested in anybody in the Covington Kentucky area subscribing to Insight. Perhaps if others in the area have no problems then all I need is a new box.

Ishloss, I'm interest in your Firmware version and Provider. I have Firmware 12.22 by the way. Also, I've never heard of a 3412I. Is it a Motorola DVR?

Thanks

I've got Comcast, and I'll check the firmware version next time I'm by the box and remember. Here's a link that talks about the box: http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News
It's a newer DVR. The thing is pretty decent, I currently have at least 30 or 40 hours of stuff on it and I'm below 70%. It also has an ethernet port and a SATA port, along with 2-6 pin firewire, 2 USB, and serveral other ports I've never seen before.
post #2170 of 6031 Old 01-19-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks

I have the exact same problem. I have Comcast cable out of Indianapolis, IN. The box is a Moto 6412 with Firmware Version: 12.18 and the date on it says July 2005. I only have about 20-25% of the hard drive filled.
post #2171 of 6031 Old 01-20-2006, 06:52 AM

Thanks for jumping in kywolf. Just to let you guys know I tried DCTRecordApp.exe last night to capture video & it seem to do the same thing. It's odd that we all have different models but experience the same issue. We must also be in the minority, otherwise I'm sure alot of people would have responded. Well I'll keep experimenting.....
post #2172 of 6031 Old 01-20-2006, 10:06 AM

Although my firewire doesn't seem to affect it, the odd time when I have issues with ffw and rew, I find that briefly swapping tuners clears it up.
post #2173 of 6031 Old 01-20-2006, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the tip roreman. I tried that with a hopeful heart, but it did not work.
post #2174 of 6031 Old 01-20-2006, 10:05 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to get this set up and Im stuck at installing the divers. When I get to the part where I click "I will choose the driver to install" and then click next, the next screen I get a box that says "hardware type" Below that it says "select a hardware type and click next". There is no box that I can uncheck saying, "show compatible hardware" In the window it says "show all devices" and the there is a list of "common hardware types." I dont get it. It seems like I'm not getting the window I should be. Any ideas? I have the motorola box DCT6412 and firmware is 9.12. Any Ideas?
post #2175 of 6031 Old 01-21-2006, 07:13 AM

How come when I record video, some scenes are perfect, and others record with the motion blur tipe lines.

Example: http://agprojects.net/pictures/vlcsnap-10984943.png
Edit: or could it just be that when i play it on a 720p monitor(laptop), since it's shrunk down, it shows more blocky lines thank it would on a 1080i one?

Edit: forget it, i just turned on de-interlacing in vlc
post #2176 of 6031 Old 01-21-2006, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just upgraded from a DCT6412 (120G) to a DCT6416 (160G) last night and I can't get the Motorola drivers to work anymore. The Motorola tuner device is available to CapDVHS but whenever I start a capture I get an error dialog.

I also tried the drivers from TheGreenButton and no luck there either.

So it looks like drivers need to be updated to support DCT6416. Anyone have any clue who has the capability of doing this these days?

TiVo 6 tuner Roamio Pro, Elite & Premiere + MoCA networking.
kmttg - Tivo To Go and Advanced Remote Control

post #2177 of 6031 Old 01-21-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks

Hey, I'm glad someone brought this up since I had suspected my ff/rewind speed went into the crapper once I used the firewire & capdvhs. After doing the cold boot you suggested, I can see how bad it had gotten. Thanks for the tip.

I have Motorola 6208 with firmware 08.13 through Insight.
post #2178 of 6031 Old 01-21-2006, 05:37 PM

Ok, so I got the drivers installed and when I plug in the firewire and open capDVHS it says "cannot find capture device" I've unplugged and replugged the cable 10+ times and still no luck. Did anyone else have this problem???? Any sugestions?? thanks
post #2179 of 6031 Old 01-22-2006, 11:30 AM

Does anyone know key sequence to locate firmware in Motorola DTC6412.
I've read this thread and installed the drivers I think might work. I too found differences with XP SP1 Device mgr. When I choose the direc. where I have the extracted meidvhs files the PC could not install the drivers. Tried several ways. Yet could find the DTC6412 driver in the yellow highlighted "unknown devices". I then found the image devices and installed a few Panasonce device drivers which would not recognize the 6412 until I installed the NV-HDR1000 which now shows up in imaging devices along with the AV/C as well. No yellow items until I re-boot. When I uninstall them, I still see the NV-HDR & AV/C lines. Not sure what's going on here.

I can not find a way to locate the firmware of the 6412. I've tried all sorts of key combinations. I do not have a diagnostics key on remote, the 6412. I'm in Chicago.
post #2180 of 6031 Old 01-22-2006, 01:25 PM

I've followed the directions to the letter and I can't get the meidvhs to open and work with my tuner (moto 6412/2005)
Please send help my DVR is almost full!
post #2181 of 6031 Old 01-22-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienstookmybeer View Post

Hey, I'm glad someone brought this up since I had suspected my ff/rewind speed went into the crapper once I used the firewire & capdvhs. After doing the cold boot you suggested, I can see how bad it had gotten. Thanks for the tip.

I have Motorola 6208 with firmware 08.13 through Insight.

Your very welcome for the tip, but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to do that. It can be a hassle as you cant' do that during a recording (on the dvr). Everybody else encountrering the fast forward / rewind glitch, is there a firewire port on your PC that's being used by another device? I have a external DVD & it sometimes has trouble & I'm thinking maybe it is related. It's a longshot.
post #2182 of 6031 Old 01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

Yup, I also can confirm FF/REW problem following firewire connection. Also confirm that a reboot solves it. I have DCT6416 with firmware 12.27. So looks like a common problem for phase III machines with newer 12.x firmware.

post #2183 of 6031 Old 01-22-2006, 07:50 PM

I'm trying to transfer some of my saved programs on my Moto 6412 to my computer in hopes of burning them on DVDs. I read the instructions in this thread and my computer was unable to find the file name C:\\meidvhs. I was wondering if I didn't download something correctly or if anyone else ran into this snag?

I'm also running into the same glitch as Curney's post from 1/21/12:05 AM. Any help on that would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
post #2184 of 6031 Old 01-22-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

Are you able to play back to the TV via Firewire (instead of using the video card on the computer)?

live in los angeles, ca use comcast, need a box to record my favorite movies,
either pay per view, or video on demand, and record them to a linux box...

scott [at] intercore [dot] net
888 603 6333
using it for personal use only..thanks
post #2185 of 6031 Old 01-22-2006, 08:47 PM
R0B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishloss View Post

It sounds like your firewire ports are turned off. If you turn off the power and then hit the select/OK button right away, you'll get into a read-only config menu. It may take a few tries, but you can do it. It should show the number of firewire ports you have hooked up to a PC.

Ok so I did this and went into the Interface Satus screen.

It says:

1394 I/O Device: INST
Active Ports: 0
Data Xmisssion: NO
5C Implementation: 0
Loop Status: NO
Root Status: YES
Cycle Master Status: YES

So is Firewire enabled on this cable box or not? I know that its enabled on my motherboard & PC, and I can see the IEE 1394 Host Controller in Device Manager.

What do I try now??
post #2186 of 6031 Old 01-23-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:

Your very welcome for the tip, but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to do that. It can be a hassle as you cant' do that during a recording (on the dvr). Everybody else encountrering the fast forward / rewind glitch, is there a firewire port on your PC that's being used by another device? I have a external DVD & it sometimes has trouble & I'm thinking maybe it is related. It's a longshot.

I'm not using firewire for anything else.

I have to wonder if this isn't a problem for everyone, and many don't realize it. Has anyone used a capture device and definitely not had a slowdown in rewind speed and what is your setup (verify by rebooting your DVR and testing it)?

I wonder if the meituner program isn't the culprit. It seems to be the last common link left from those who've posted problems so far, and I believe is the only software that's directly communicating with the DVR (I think the capture programs run through this). I looked at the setup information files and it was copyrighted in 2001, so possibly not fully XP-compatible.
post #2187 of 6031 Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienstookmybeer View Post

I'm not using firewire for anything else.

I have to wonder if this isn't a problem for everyone, and many don't realize it. Has anyone used a capture device and definitely not had a slowdown in rewind speed and what is your setup (verify by rebooting your DVR and testing it)?

I wonder if the meituner program isn't the culprit. It seems to be the last common link left from those who've posted problems so far, and I believe is the only software that's directly communicating with the DVR (I think the capture programs run through this). I looked at the setup information files and it was copyrighted in 2001, so possibly not fully XP-compatible.

I have the FF/RW speed slowdown problem. Motorola DCT 6412, Phase 3, with the 12.27 firmware. I also have only been able to capture 2-3 minutes, and then it stops. I've tried 2 cables. Not sure what to try next.

Chris
post #2188 of 6031 Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teague View Post

I have the FF/RW speed slowdown problem. Motorola DCT 6412, Phase 3, with the 12.27 firmware. I also have only been able to capture 2-3 minutes, and then it stops. I've tried 2 cables. Not sure what to try next.

Chris

I have a strong suspicion that 12.27 firmware has "broken" firewire capture to WinXP. At first I thought it was my upgrade from DCT6412 I to DCT6416 III that was the problem, but now I suspect the recent firmware upgrade to 12.27 in our cable market that is the culprit. It seems like people with DCT6412 III firmware 12.27 are also experiencing firewire capture problems so I don't think it's a 6416 vs 6412 issue anymore.

post #2189 of 6031 Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Are there any drivers to make the pc a 5c compliant device
post #2190 of 6031 Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blzinrasin View Post

Are there any drivers to make the pc a 5c compliant device

No. And the way the firmware on most of the STBs for digital cable are setup, it wouldn't make a difference. The blockage of the signal is not in the PC but in the STB. There may be support via a cablecard and using the new Windows OS.

Doc

JVC 52" HD-ILA 52G786
Pioneer 1015TX
Infinity Primus Speakers
Pioneer 588A DVD player
HTPC: AMD 3500+, 1 gig, MSI w/ Nvidia 6150
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page