Nextcom R5000-HD (For Satellite and OTA HD Recording) - Page 54 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1591 of 1609 Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Release version 3.1d is available for download.
Please see our support page (download area) for links to the appropriate packages and updated release notes. Windows 7 users - please use the "Vista" packages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1609 Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

D-VHS Support fixed
An incorrect compile switch affecting D-VHS support has been fixed. Those who have updated to 3.1d before 1/7/2010 should re-install using the new package. The Disk2Tape utility also includes some minor fixes. Note: these fixes only affect the basic version DVR, SageTV or multi-instance packages are unchanged. (DVR 3.1d, build 2. Disk2Tape 1.2) Download>
post #1593 of 1609 Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjr View Post

Any of these things could be true, and I am not a programmer, so I don't know. All I can speculate on is that when the application detects a data rate of ~5100KB/s (normal HD recording), it works. When the application detects a data rate of ~6700KB/s, it also works. At ~9000KB/s, it doesn't work.

Has anybody figured another workaround to get this working again? I've only got a couple small things I wanted to transfer, but it looks like I'm dead in the water if i want to transfer from the 211's EHD.
post #1594 of 1609 Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

I have found no workaround that allows you to capture the digital stream from an external drive.

Steve
post #1595 of 1609 Old 01-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I think on Nextcom's web site it says that you can not capture the stream from recording on the DVR's like the 722 because it's encrypted when it's recorded, unlike the raw live stream. I would think that would hold true for the external drives as well.

Are you looking for a mentor
www.winningonlinebusiness.com
post #1596 of 1609 Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 PM

yeah it does, but it supposedly used to work, and then later stopped. Though I'm thinking it was some update that Dish did and not something nextcom did to kill it.

Mine seems to have quit working entirely today, so I've got an email into tech support. One thing I thought of trying....you know how before you had to tune it to a standard def channel? Has anyone tried putting it on a channel with little to no information, like those ones that say "Congratulations, you have a Dish 500" would that free up enough bandwith? It seemed to be dependent on the datarate of the program content on the channel you leave it on before playing back the file....just a random thought. I'd test it but I can't at the moment
post #1597 of 1609 Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
lip

This device seems interesting but doesn't seem like many are using it.

Does anyone have experience with a Bell 9242 (or Dish equivalent) and windows 7 media centre?
Is it difficult to install? I have a background in electronics engineering and access to a half decent solder station.
How well does it integrate with windows 7 media centre?
I would like to integrate this with a windows home server setup...apparantly with windows 7 you can have recordings automatically go to the home server to be available to all computers...

Thanks.
post #1598 of 1609 Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

I want to add a external drive to my Dish 211, I have heard I can do this for I think a $40 one time fee, this in effect makes the 211 a DVR.

Will this have any ill effect on my R5000-HD I have installed in the Dish receiver?

Will I be able to transfer my recording from the external drive via the R5000 to my HTPC?

Thanks

post #1599 of 1609 Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post

yeah it does, but it supposedly used to work, and then later stopped. Though I'm thinking it was some update that Dish did and not something nextcom did to kill it.

Mine seems to have quit working entirely today, so I've got an email into tech support. One thing I thought of trying....you know how before you had to tune it to a standard def channel? Has anyone tried putting it on a channel with little to no information, like those ones that say "Congratulations, you have a Dish 500" would that free up enough bandwith? It seemed to be dependent on the datarate of the program content on the channel you leave it on before playing back the file....just a random thought. I'd test it but I can't at the moment

Thanks Matt, didn't see your post before I add the new post. That is to bad that the ability to transfer appears to be screwed up. Hopefully other will comment here so I know if it's system wide or just something that is effecting only a few. I saw another post that said Comcast was to stop supporting the Motorola 501 so there is another avenue gone. I hope Nextcom has other revenue sources because the R5000 is slowly being shut down it would seem.

post #1600 of 1609 Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post

I want to add a external drive to my Dish 211, I have heard I can do this for I think a $40 one time fee, this in effect makes the 211 a DVR.

Will this have any ill effect on my R5000-HD I have installed in the Dish receiver?

Will I be able to transfer my recording from the external drive via the R5000 to my HTPC?

Thanks

I've done this to my 211. The thing you have to be careful about is recording conflicts. Recordings scheduled by the 211 for the USB drive might interfere with your R5000 recordings. I doubt you'll be able to archive the recordings once they're on a USB drive. I haven't tried it, though.

Joe Clark

post #1601 of 1609 Old 05-29-2010, 04:54 AM
btg

I was hoping to get a modified box for use with Charter cable, but I seem to have run into at least an obstacle and maybe a dead end. With the HD boxes without FireWire apparently long gone, I've been trying to get the HD channels authorized on a standard def box. The first time I called, I was able to get the tech support person to try manually entering the missing channels. That gave me sound on some, but not all, HD channels. As she was trying to figure out why the others weren't coming in, she realized that this was a standard def box and apparently reversed everything she had done since I ended up back where I started. My second call ended with me being told that I could only get audio from a standard def box and that I could get that from the SD version of the channel. I couldn't really argue with that without mentioning that I was planning to have my leased box modified.

Have any Charter customers here been able to get HD channels authorized? Anyone have any advice on what I should be asking for when I call? Should I just save myself some headaches and settle for imperfect component recordings with an Hauppauge HD PVR?

Thanks in advance for any input that anyone is able to provide. I hope I'm not asking anything that has already been covered to death here. I've tried doing searches for the relevant information, but I haven't had time to read through all 54 pages here, and there is a bit of a time crunch with the price of a DCT modification going up by $130 in just a few days.
post #1602 of 1609 Old 06-24-2010, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Well, after a hiatus of a few months, I'm ready to get back into recording with the R5000 and Dish 211. I downloaded and installed 3.1d from the Nextcom site. My Dish 211 is recognized, but the option to change the Remote Code is grayed out. It defaults to 1; my 211 is set to 6. I also have a Dish 622, whose code is 1 already, and which is programmed into 3 different Harmony remotes (as is the 211). I don't want to change all that.

Can't remember having this issue before, but my equipment has changed a lot. Any suggestions?

Joe Clark

post #1603 of 1609 Old 06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Got my answer from Nextcom. The 211 uses a universal code to control all its functions, so there is no need to change anything. I should have known that - but, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Joe Clark

post #1604 of 1609 Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

No sooner do I post than I find out my 211 is not controllable by the on-screen remote. A manual timer doesn't turn it on, either. The software wakes up, but it can't turn on the 211. It gives me a balloon warning saying to check the device status. Apparently, the universal remote code is not working for my 211. Did I miss something simple?

Joe Clark

post #1605 of 1609 Old 07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I sent my 211 in for repair. Got it back and had the same problem. I found out that my Niles whole house IR system was causing interference in the 211. It's working fine now (except for the part about not being able to control it via infrared).

I've run into another problem, but no response back from Nextcom yet. When I do a manual recording, everything is fine. I recorded some of Warehouse 13's reruns yesterday, to see if it would record properly. Everything worked fine. I then set up a timed recording via TitanTV. When I tried to play it back, I got audio but no video. It tuned in Syfy at the right time, but unlike the manual recording, the timed recording has video that I can't play. Audio is fine.

Any thoughts?

Joe Clark

post #1606 of 1609 Old 07-08-2010, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Have you tried another timed recording to see if the problem is persistent? Also I would try running the file through TSreader and MPEG@Repair to see if video can be recovered.
John
post #1607 of 1609 Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdish View Post

Have you tried another timed recording to see if the problem is persistent? Also I would try running the file through TSreader and MPEG@Repair to see if video can be recovered.
John

I'm doing another timed recording right now. If I can't get Warehouse 13 to play, there's a rerun of the premiere next week just before the second episode.

I have run into yet another problem, though. I deleted Warehouse 13 from my list of recordings and tried to re-enter it. Even though it's gone from the event list, it won't let me enter the event again. It indicates there's a conflict with another recording at that time. I seem to remember running into this a long time ago, but I can't remember the resolution. (I've been away from using the R5000 for probably a couple of years.) Any thoughts?

Joe Clark

post #1608 of 1609 Old 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

OK, my timed recording worked this time around, so I guess I'm alright.

Also, I ran Warehouse 13 through tsMuxer (AVCHD mode) and it created an mt2s file that allowed me to play the video and audio. Thanks for that suggestion. I tell you, I'm really rusty with this stuff. It's amazing what I've forgotten in a relatively short period of time.

I got around the inability to record in the same time slot as a deleted event by deleting ALL the events. That's a crazy solution, though. It sure won't work well if I have a lot of scheduled events. Re-entering all of them would be a real hassle.

Oh, well, at least I'm set up to record Eureka tomorrow night. I didn't want to miss the season premiere.

Joe Clark

post #1609 of 1609 Old 07-11-2010, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I am using 3.0c of the multi/SAGE DVR and 2.4G of the PVR. I tried the newer versions and had a problem so went back to the above ones which seem to do everything I need OK.
John
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page