Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2773 Old 12-07-2004, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by robena
Yes, the 4 160 seconds clips are exactly at the same location in the movie, at least as exactly as HDTVtoMPEG2 allows it. The error must be +-1 frame at the beginning and at the end, less than 1%.

Slight correction HDTVtoMPEG2 does NOT edit on the frame level but at the GOP level, so it's more like 15 frames.

Quote:

The first 3 samples were recorded by a friend located in NJ, and the fourth (the R5000 recording) by another friend in Florida.

The first bit-rate indication is simply the [null stripped] length of the file divided by 160,

OK, Got it. The null striped file size also includes PCR packets, PMT, PAT, and audio packets. The resulting total, non null, bit rate will be affected by the rates of the PCR , PMT and PAT tables. the R5000 follows the DVB recommendation for PCR, PMT, and PAT, rates of 40ms, 400ms, and 100ms respectively. The R5000 bitrate, as calculated above, is higher because we send more PCRs than the old mpeg-2 rate of 100ms.

Quote:

the second one is computed by the Manzanita stream analyzer after removing the NULLs.

I assume you're using Manzanita STREAMID $90, rather than MP2TSA $2000.

Both programs are more accurate when using non-null stripped files. If you are using MP2TSA like we do, the field you want is "Average payload rate" rather than "Average transport packet rate". The average payload rate for E* should be the same regardless of the system used to record it.

As another comparison, try running the original non-stripped clips through TSReader and look at the average bit rate in the pid bar graph window. The average bit rates from either recording system should be very close (from the same provider, E*)

Another test you could run is to compress all the non stripped files using a good compressor like winzip. MPEG-2 data is not compressible, but the NULL packets and filler compress nicely. Again identical clips recorded from the same provider should be very close in size regardless of the recording method used.

-R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2773 Old 12-07-2004, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Originally posted by R5000-HD
Slight correction HDTVtoMPEG2 does NOT edit on the frame level but at the GOP level, so it's more like 15 frames.

Oops, sorry, that was a typo. I was thinking GOP and +-1 second, and Frame came out. +- 1 second is less than 1% like I said.

Quote:

I assume you're using Manzanita STREAMID $90, rather than MP2TSA $2000.

That was indeed MP2TSA, but the free limited demo version only!

In demo mode, it still displays the calculated bit-rate.

Quote:

Both programs are more accurate when using non-null stripped files. If you are using MP2TSA like we do, the field you want is "Average payload rate" rather than "Average transport packet rate". The average payload rate for E* should be the same regardless of the system used to record it.

The average payload rate is not available in demo mode, hence the need to NULL strip.

After double checking, it turned out that the R5000 recording was done on a second airing, a few hours later. That might explain the slight bit-rate difference, that and the different way you handle the various packets you spoke about.

The difference is slim anyway, I think that the most important is the huge drop in bit-rate on DirecTV.

Thanks for your input and the clarification about this test results.

Robert
post #183 of 2773 Old 12-08-2004, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally posted by robena

That was indeed MP2TSA, but the free limited demo version only!

In demo mode, it still displays the calculated bit-rate.

Sorry Robert, you can't use MP2TSA calculated bit-rates because MP2TSA only uses the first few PCRs to get a starting bit rate for the analysis. So the "calculated rate" is not the average rate, but the initial rate.

Just to prove this, I muxed a TS file at 19.39Mb for the first 15 seconds and then after that, I programmed the muxer to jump to 38.78Mb for the last 15 seconds.

I ran the TS file on both MP2TSA ($2K) and TSReaderlite (free).

MP2TSA showed the rate as 19.39 (the correct initial rate)
TSReader showed the correct average rate of ~29Mbit

TSReader lite does a really good job of calculating the average bit rates for each PID in the stream and the average transport rate. see http://www.coolstf.com

-R
post #184 of 2773 Old 12-08-2004, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Originally posted by R5000-HD

Sorry Robert, you can't use MP2TSA calculated bit-rates because MP2TSA only uses the first few PCRs to get a starting bit rate for the analysis.TSReader lite does a really good job of calculating the average bit rates for each PID in the stream and the average transport rate[/b]

Thanks, that's interesting information, although in this particular case the Manzanita readings are pretty close to the truth.

I'll repost the data using all 3 methods to measure the bit-rate (file size, Manzanita and TS reader) after making a detailed visual comparison between the DirectTV and Dish recordings.

It's already obvious from all that's been said that there won't be any visual or measured significant difference between AVX1 and R5000 recordings.

Robert
post #185 of 2773 Old 12-08-2004, 11:28 PM

Whatever E* did this week at least twice on Tuesday the current R5000 software errored so bad that it shut down and sent a report to Microsoft. The report was the largest I have ever seen - as it took minutes on their graphs...instead of seconds. It had to be over 10meg I would guess.

But then again Wednesday, everything goes back to normal and flawless caps and no errors.

Have you noticed a big differece on average bitrates on the same channels on days when there are tons of errors versus no errors? That's the next figure I intend to examine.

Its really bad that you don't know which side of the spectrum you'll come down on before you cap for the day.

In all my years of seeing weirdness, this clearly takes the cake in terms of consistency - or maybe its inconsistency, depending on how you look at things.

It's almost like they push it to break for a day.....and then realize what they did and turn it off for a day or two.
post #186 of 2773 Old 12-09-2004, 04:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Before I read through these 73 printed pages I just collected, can someone sum up just what this consists of other than software?
IOW's other than your STB from a satellite service that you already have, what else do you get for $750?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #187 of 2773 Old 12-09-2004, 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by videobruce
Before I read through these 73 printed pages I just collected, can someone sum up just what this consists of other than software?
IOW's other than your STB from a satellite service that you already have, what else do you get for $750?

You send in your stb and they install a circuit board (for lack of a better description) that has a usb port on it. This board is the "brains" of the interface.
post #188 of 2773 Old 12-09-2004, 08:53 AM

After flawless caps of Dish yesterday, the recompression apparently was turned back on around 3am this morning Eastern.

I noticed the screen went blank for around 10 seconds during Eyes Wide Shut, though no satellite signal was lost.

After that, everything went downhill fast.

Every file since then has restarted multiple times. Standing in the Shadows of Motown has restarted 3 times and its been on less than an hour.

Pat Garrett on HDNET at 6am Eastern had the white/grey flicks so bad it looked like a snowstorm - even in the brightest scenes. I had never seen it so bad.

I believe the video/audio drop out around 3am was when they brought the compressors back online, although i have yet to compare timing with HBO/Showtime and HDNet versus cable to see how different they are.

It only makes sense that they have to loose the signal for a while when they start to re-compress as it doesnt happen in real time.

Have you seen this - and is today just horrible in terms of capturing?
post #189 of 2773 Old 12-10-2004, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by HDTVFanAtic
After flawless caps of Dish yesterday, the recompression apparently was turned back on around 3am this morning Eastern.

I noticed the screen went blank for around 10 seconds during Eyes Wide Shut, though no satellite signal was lost.

That is a very typical pattern. Video will freeze for 10-15 secs (sometimes even longer), with or without sound. We thought at first it could be an uplink problem but that doesn't fully explain it since we have seen the same exact patterns of bad data. So, it points to their re-compression or possibly to their statistical muxers. The goal of the statistical re-muxer is to maximize the efficient use of bandwidth by throttling individual stream's data rates. So, what happens if by chance all the streams are contending for a high a data rate simultaneously (do to detailed/rapidly changing scenes)? Someone has to loose out. That would certaintly explain some of the new macro-blocking artifacts.

Right now we seem to be in a good phase. Current test stream has been recording for 21 hrs straight from HDNM with no problems logged

-R
post #190 of 2773 Old 12-10-2004, 01:25 PM

Yes, i noticed same cycle as noted before. Everything goes downhill to the pits and then all the sudden it resets. After Standing in the Shadows of Motown blew up multiple times, as noted above, most of the caps since then have been pretty flawless.

That's what I can't seem to get my hands around is why it clearly is pushed to the limit, breaks and then seems to reset for lack of a better term.

One of the keys during those breaks to explain what is happening is to see exactly how much is missing from a clean version of the same.

For example, if it is being throttled with statistical re-muxer, then a 10 second hole should be missing 10 seconds of the move when compared to a clean copy.

However, if a 10 second hole is missing literally no content from the movie when it picks back up, that would seem to be the remuxer kicking in and building the time lag between so called "live" and the remuxed output - or so I would think.

That is another reason i think it is important to compare lag of the source between cable and sat at various times.

A higher lag rate than at other times would probably indicate an additional remuxing in the path.
post #191 of 2773 Old 12-10-2004, 01:26 PM

btw, is this a 4 pin mini usb cable or a 5 pin mini usb cable? I see both at Frys and not sure what this unit uses.
post #192 of 2773 Old 12-10-2004, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Every file since then has restarted multiple times. Standing in the Shadows of Motown has restarted 3 times and its been on less than an hour.

Pat Garrett on HDNET at 6am Eastern had the white/grey flicks so bad it looked like a snowstorm - even in the brightest scenes. I had never seen it so bad.

I believe the video/audio drop out around 3am was when they brought the compressors back online, although i have yet to compare timing with HBO/Showtime and HDNet versus cable to see how different they are.

It only makes sense that they have to loose the signal for a while when they start to re-compress as it doesnt happen in real time.

Have you seen this - and is today just horrible in terms of capturing?

What's quirky though is that DVHSTool always captures the entire 169Time AVX-1 stream to a hard drive of the same E* broadcasts (glitches and all / if any) that cause the R5000-HD to restart the capture one or more times in the course of a 2-hour movie requiring a re-record, if the program is repeated.

Similarly a JVC 30K can capture the entire 169Time AVX-1 stream of the same E* broadcasts (glitches and all / if any).

Murray Kerdman
post #193 of 2773 Old 12-10-2004, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally posted by mkerdman
What's quirky though is that DVHSTool always captures the entire 169Time AVX-1 stream to a hard drive of the same E* broadcasts (glitches and all / if any) that cause the R5000-HD to restart the capture one or more times in the course of a 2-hour movie requiring a re-record, if the program is repeated.

Similarly a JVC 30K can capture the entire 169Time AVX-1 stream of the same E* broadcasts (glitches and all / if any).

Murray,
From the large amount of captures you do using the R5000 in a typical day I'm curious how you manage to get similar milage for comparison purposes using the 169 time. Maybe you stay home /stay up all night feeding tapes...

Comparing one or 2 simultaneous captures does not a rule make.

Besides, I've heard about some of these other recording devices being plagued with different sorts of problems due to E* screwing up the stream, like prolonged periods of audio drop out. Even the 6000s decoder can get so badly hung by these stream errors that the box has to be cycled.

A conservative approach to this problem requires lengthy periods of testing to make sure re-starts aren't traded for corrupted streams.

Personally I would like to see E* clean up their act. Sometimes things have been so bad that just watching a broadcast is...unwatchable.

-R
post #194 of 2773 Old 12-11-2004, 12:20 AM

Maybe he speaks because of issues like this:

Picture Attached.

One time showing on HBO. The People v. Larry Flynt.

You do everything right.

P4 3.02 with a gig of Ram.

No other real programs running on the computer - just the R5000 software. Not even a MyHD card in the same box.

You have it in the Reservation ready to go.

And, the program doesn't start - "waiting for drive".

You can see from the task manager nothing intensive was happening - but the R5000 buffer was just spinning away - waiting for a drive that never happend.

So even after E* send out bad data, a few times they don't, you don't don't do anything wrong and BOOM - the software doesnt work and there is no reason in the world it shouldn't.

Where are the 100% perfect caps that were talked about when this product first came out? That's what is wanted - and this clearly wasn't an E* failure nor does it have anything to do with e*- but happens far too many times.
LL
post #195 of 2773 Old 12-11-2004, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Maybe he speaks because of issues like this:

Picture Attached.

One time showing on HBO. The People v. Larry Flynt.

You do everything right.

P4 3.02 with a gig of Ram.

No other real programs running on the computer - just the R5000 software. Not even a MyHD card in the same box.

You have it in the Reservation ready to go.

And, the program doesn't start - "waiting for drive".

You can see from the task manager nothing intensive was happening - but the R5000 buffer was just spinning away - waiting for a drive that never happend.

So even after E* send out bad data, a few times they don't, you don't don't do anything wrong and BOOM - the software doesnt work and there is no reason in the world it shouldn't.

Where are the 100% perfect caps that were talked about when this product first came out? That's what is wanted - and this clearly wasn't an E* failure nor does it have anything to do with e*- but happens far too many times.

Wow. This is really pretty amazing! You are not even a customer of ours. Is there any reason why the purchaser cannot contact us and open up a support dialog!!?? I think we're pretty friendly and try our best to be helpful. There's no reason to be scared...

So far this is the only incodence we have heard of this happening. This is indicative of something we have to examine that is unique to this person's setup. But we can't do that unless they are willing to work with us.

We have not received a single tech support inquiry in this matter or had any chance to exchange first hand information. It seems that you are much more interested in flaming us on a public forum than actually getting this resolved.

If someone is willing to engage in a professional interchange regarding this we are willing to help.

-R
post #196 of 2773 Old 12-11-2004, 02:02 PM

First, I recommended this to my brother, based on what was posted here by the moderators.

He has had the issues so I when I went for Thanksgiving he wanted me to take the setup and try and get it working properly - thus I brought it home for what should have been a simple process.

I have put installed the software on 3 computers - all clean winxp installs with similar issues.

Second, you make no access to a phone number so this is the only tech support that is possible. If your response is I am not even a customer, then how or why would I have your unit? The unit is clearly yours so the arguement that I am not a customer is not a good one. If I purchased the unit would you tell my wife she wasn't the customer?

Third, 3 others have messaged me about similar problems, so I am not sure why you think think there are no other tech support claims of this.

Upon further examination of this, the previous 3 1/2 hour Showtime cap took up 145 Gig of Hard Drive Space. Again, thats 145 Gig of Hard Drive space and it wasn't usable.

This goes in line with other reports of a single capture of yours going into hyper drive and recording 50gig off a single movie.

I suspect that the high buffer useage shown on your graph is the program misbehaving and thus not allowing the next capture to start.

As clearly can be seen from the picture, no other windows program is taking any resources to speak of.

Now, I am trying to get this fixed for my brother because of the outlay of money he made based on my recommendations before I just have to give him a grand because of what he got.

But using your logic, HERE I AM, NOT A CUSTOMER by your definition as the check wasn't in my name, TRYING TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR PRODUCT. WHY AM I TRYING TO WASTE MY TIME TO HELP YOU FIX YOUR PRODUCT OF WHICH THERE IS CLEARLY A PROBLEM?

And if you don't wish to have this posted in a public forum, then give us a phone number for support to fix the problem.

And if potential customers wait until they see these issues resolved, or not...then so be it.

But to act like there are no problems and this unit is flawless is.....for lack of a better term....bordering on false advertising.
post #197 of 2773 Old 12-11-2004, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

In my experience, if you use the R5000-HD solution very often (i.e. multiple times daily), you will greatly increase the odds that you will encounter some of the described failures far more frequently than a casual user (i.e. multiple times weekly).

A possible benefit can be seen in the R5000-HD creating multi-part recordings by restarting one or more times in the completion of the capture and a scheduled event.

The benefit is that it MAY be an indication that capturing another broadcast of the program is highly advisable.

Of course the problem with that is there may NOT be another broadcast available (i.e. the One time showing on HBO. The People v. Larry Flynt).

Murray Kerdman
post #198 of 2773 Old 12-11-2004, 04:30 PM

I've never had a recording keep going eating up disk space.
I've never had a recording fail to fire (except the time a power blip booted the pc and I didn't have the schedule loaded).

Only for the last couple weeks have I had recording restarts and they have only been on content from the 110 sat, caps from 148 have been flawless. I definately think there are problems with E*'s transmission but with the degree of problems you are having it sounds like it could simply be a faulty unit. Certainly possible. Have the purchaser request the unit be checked out at Nextcom's facility.
post #199 of 2773 Old 12-11-2004, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HookedOnTV
I've never had a recording keep going eating up disk space.
I've never had a recording fail to fire (except the time a power blip booted the pc and I didn't have the schedule loaded).

Only for the last couple weeks have I had recording restarts and they have only been on content from the 110 sat, caps from 148 have been flawless. I definately think there are problems with E*'s transmission but with the degree of problems you are having it sounds like it could simply be a faulty unit. Certainly possible. Have the purchaser request the unit be checked out at Nextcom's facility.

I would agree faulty unit if I didnt have others sending me private messages (those who have posted in this thread previously) about similar experiences. Many have told me about units not starting. Upon looking at the log, I now think that the non-starting errors are actually starts that cannot trigger - see below.

Others have told me of one cap going crazy and eating 50gig of disk space.

And just now....

C:\\HDTV\\Mystic River.ts size: 20740912KB, length: 2h22m36s, failures: 0 Finished: 12/11/04 22:52:01

C:\\HDTV\\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring1.ts size: 0KB, length: 0h0m40s, failures: 2318 Finished: 12/11/04 22:52:55
Remuxer Error: 255
Restarting stream as incremented filename
C:\\HDTV\\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring2.ts size: 0KB, length: 0h0m40s, failures: 2312 Finished: 12/11/04 22:53:37
C:\\HDTV\\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring3.ts size: 0KB, length: 0h0m39s, failures: 2305 Finished: 12/11/04 22:54:19
C:\\HDTV\\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring4.ts size: 0KB, length: 0h0m39s, failures: 2305 Finished: 12/11/04 22:55:01
C:\\HDTV\\The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring5.ts size: 0KB, length: 0h0m38s, failures: 2305 Finished: 12/11/04 22:55:41
Remuxer Error: 255 Terminating Recording: Max. restarts exceded

Now, call that a failed start or a remuxer error - but the end result is no usable file to speak of.

For the people versus Larry Flynt as listed in the earlier post:

C:\\HDTV\\Unforgettable.ts size: 12557836KB, length: 1h26m21s, failures: 0 Finished: 12/10/04 19:25:40
Remuxer Error: 1
C:\\HDTV\\Unforgettable1.ts size: 4827840KB, length: 0h33m22s, failures: 0 Finished: 12/10/04 19:59:05

C:\\HDTV\\People Versus Larry Flynt - Confidence.ts size: 3948KB, length: 0h0m1s, failures: 0 Finished: 12/11/04 03:26:34

C:\\HDTV\\Confidence.ts size: 15488192KB, length: 1h46m29s, failures: 0 Finished: 12/11/04 06:31:01

You will notice the record time is 1 second with no failure code.

You can also see the the screen capture of it trying to start on the previous post. You can see it triggered at 3:26:34 and the screen shot shows it was still "waiting for drive" 10 minutes later....with the buffer screaming on the R5000 software (not a so called hardware failure that sending it back would help).....and nothing showing any activity in the Windows task manager except the R5000 software. Thus the R5000 software is what is eating up the buffer.

So, do you think a failure occurred with a 1 second cap and what is seen in the screen shot. The software doesn't. How is sending it back going to solve these issues - mos tof which are in the software - not the actual unit itself?
post #200 of 2773 Old 12-13-2004, 09:49 AM

Another 137 Gig file created overnight in the course of several hours.

Documents attached.

Remuxer log shows minutes flying by on the creates insteads of seconds and document its creating a file that it thinks is 10+ hours big.

Obviously, the captures are unusable when it does this.

Also notice the restarts in the logs.

Solutions?
LL
post #201 of 2773 Old 12-13-2004, 12:16 PM

Makes you wonder why others are private messaging me instead of emails. But I intend to continue to post until the bugs are fixed - as this is labelled the support forum.

And people HAVE THE RIGHT to see what is happening with this unit until it is fixed.

AND you want more, take a look here.

Not supposed to be able to record 2 events overlapping in schedule - in fact, scheduler isnt supposed to let that happen.

Notice, scheduled started at 2:12pm but another event that "couldnt happen" got scheduled for 2:45pm. You will notice the record log doesn't even note it, but as you can see, it is recording the 2nd event.

The first one was trashed.

And this can't happen, according to what they say.

If they would like me stop posting bugs, simply fix them.
LL
post #202 of 2773 Old 12-13-2004, 12:32 PM

Seems like this thread is breaking down quickly. Just to add my $.02:

No, I didn't have to sign any kind of NDA when my STB was modified (though I did have to prove I was an active subscriber to the service).

The modification has worked flawlessly for me on my Bell ExpressVu service. I've recordered hundreds of hours of material, all of which plays back cleanly in players like TheaterTek or MyHD, and works easily with transcoding software as well. In short, its been a complete joy to use.

That said, I do really hope they add DirectShow/WindowsMCE support soon, as a fully integrated PVR experience would really take this to the next level imo.
post #203 of 2773 Old 12-13-2004, 12:42 PM

Isn't this the technical status forum?

If so, how is it breaking down?

Technical status and screen captures?

Its one thing for me to make statements if untrue - its another to post screen captures and logs from the system showing the breakdowns and bugs.
post #204 of 2773 Old 12-14-2004, 09:57 AM

I didn't have to sign any NDA when I purchased the mod. Except for a few errors it really has worked wonderfully.

I still think you should send the box in. You say it must be the software yet the software is what we have in common. The actual stb and mod are the difference.
post #205 of 2773 Old 12-14-2004, 02:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
My system is working perfect. No glitches at all which is still happening with the other system.

Im using Direct.

I see some are having troubles. Sorry to hear that.
I guess both 169time and the 5000 HD are not perfect for everyone.

At least the owners for the 5000hd are on the board and their updates happen on a regular basis. The amount of work that has gone into this sense its first release has been very responsive and aggressive.

To those who are complaining can you imaging how upset you would be if you had to wait over a year for a single update. Thats what you get from someone else.
At least theres continuous effort being made to fix things and for the most part the majority of customers are experiencing perfect recording that playback on a wide variety of decoders.
post #206 of 2773 Old 12-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

I am sorry to hear others are having problems. I know how frustrating that can be.

I can report that my system works flawlessly. I have DirecTV with a DTC100.
post #207 of 2773 Old 12-14-2004, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I echo Alan's comments. I'm also a D* subscriber and have had zero problems with R5000 captures. The software is simple to use and the recordings are perfect.

It's clear that there are issues with E* streams, since that's where all of the reported problems are. The folks at Nextcom have been quick to address known issues with software revisions. I used to have the other system, and this is by far the superior solution for recording to a computer.

Ron
post #208 of 2773 Old 12-14-2004, 09:35 PM

I am a 6000 user. I also have never signed an NDA...

With the exception of the reception/transmission/muxing problems on E*, my experience with the R5000 has been nearly perfect. With regards to HDTVFanAtic's problems, I don't know if he or his friends have contacted the company but I suggest one of them do so. His issues could very well be unique to his setup -just like the user who posted earlier with USB card problems. I had some minor issues getting up and running and I found Nextcom to be very responsive and helpful. I pretty much look to support forums as a place to get tips from other users and to trade thoughts, etc. But the first line of defense when I have a problem is to go straight to the guy who sold me the thing. Maybe you've all done that already, but it seems from the thread that you haven't...anyway, thats my 0.02.

TW
post #209 of 2773 Old 12-15-2004, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member

It is a know fact that currently, the E* stream is flawed at times.

To be clear I NEVER meant above to have the reader conclude that the 921 and 169Time solutions by definition themselves displayed fewer E* glitches than the R5000-HD.

Still, each of the E* HD recording system's handle errors differently.

Nextcom has stated for a good while now that they have been working on software that will not re-start or create multiple files, but record start to finish whatever E* is putting out- just like the 921 and 169Time products.

Still if there are severe errors in the E* stream, they will be visible as they would be in some form or another with 921 and 169 as well as with the R5000-HD. Currently that has specifically resulted in re-starting.

However, if Nextcom's new software's error logging can identify these errors as being present even in single file recordings, then the user may have the opportunity to re-capture the program at a later time.

Murray Kerdman
post #210 of 2773 Old 12-19-2004, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally posted by MichaelZ
...Something I would like to see improved upon is this:
I can save my currently scheduled jobs and reload them at will, I would like the software to use a standard schedule file like "MySchedule" and it would look for this file everytime when starting and autoload it. It would also be nice if adding or deleting scheduled items, it would update automatically, but I can live with it being save manually. If this change was made I can have my machine autoload the programs on reboot in case of power failure...

We'll look into rolling something like that into the next version. In the mean time you can manually put it into a command line in the startup folder:

1). Create a link in startup folder for the PVR app so it starts automatically when you boot.

2). Edit its properties (Properties->Shortcut tab): In the "Target" edit box you'll see the path to the executable in quotes. Add a space and put the name of the PVR file (e.g. "c:\\Program Files\
5000hd\\MySchedule.pvr") you want it to open with.

You'll still have to remember to save the pvr file when you make changes but at least it will autoload when re-booting.

-R
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page