The Official R5000-HD Technical Status Discussion - Page 90 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2671 of 2773 Old 01-07-2012, 11:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just change the setting in the registry when the app is not in memory. There may be a weird bug in the app that's preventing you from making changes in the user interface.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Nextcom\\R5000-HD\\xxxxxxx]

Unfortunately, I dont know which setting it is. I'll try later for you today if nobody else chimes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekinhavoc View Post

Thanks for the reply MKANET. I guess I didnt put my problem succinctly. I mean when I choose compressed in the preferences and press ok or enter r5000hd.exe stops working. It freezes and you have to re run the exe. Of course when you go back to preferences the constant bit rate is still picked. It also happens if you choose the 23mb/s option. The program or exe stops working.
I only have the one instance version so my tray is not affected.

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 2773 Old 01-07-2012, 01:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Okay, I figured it out. Since you can't do this in the app itself. You can do it directly in the registry by just replacing the below "100543D" serial number with your device's serial number. Then, save what you see below in notepad.exe as: Nonullpackets.reg. Then double-click the reg file you made.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Nextcom\\R5000-HD\\100543D]
"Bitrate:"=dword:00000000
To undo what you did; and, make R5000 use null packets again, just do the same thing for the below.

Code:

"Bitrate:"=dword:00000001
NOTE: Make sure that you don't have the R5000-HD app in memory when you make this change.

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #2673 of 2773 Old 01-07-2012, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKANET View Post

Okay, I figured it out. Since you can't do this in the app itself. You can do it directly in the registry by just replacing the below "100543D" serial number with your device's serial number. Then, save what you see below in notepad.exe as: Nonullpackets.reg. Then double-click the reg file you made.

Code:

"Bitrate:"=dword:00000000
To undo what you did; and, make R5000 use null packets again, just do the same thing for the below.

Code:

"Bitrate:"=dword:00000001
NOTE: Make sure that you don't have the R5000-HD app in memory when you make this change.

Thanks that did it. One note is now when i go in to preferences to see if it says compressed is the picked option, it freezes then lol
post #2674 of 2773 Old 01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Glad it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekinhavoc View Post

Thanks that did it. One note is now when i go in to preferences to see if it says compressed is the picked option, it freezes then lol

post #2675 of 2773 Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I know its extra work, but there are several programs that can remove the null packets and it is pretty fast. VideoRedo will and HDTV2MPEG2 will for mpeg2 files only, and I am sure there are others, I just have not tried them.

Mike T
post #2676 of 2773 Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 AM

I am getting a frequent error that occurs when watching R5000 content from SageTV on a Sage HD300 extender. The video starts getting jerky and then playing in FFW with no audio. It happens at the same point in every troubled video recording. SageTV software plays this fine, as does MPC-HT.

I fed the TS through MPEG-2 TS packet analyser 2.4.1.0 and checked for discontinuities and it found none. Therefore I believe that the problem exists in the elementary streams and there are only two present: the H.264 video and the AC3 audio. No problems with SYNC bytes.

If I feed it through video redo as a quick repair, playback is ok but the timecode is broken and it shows 13 minute show duration, and the seeker bar behaves like a 13 minute show, but it plays at 1x properly. If I let videoredo re-mux the whole show with no edits it fixes everything and makes it perfect.

So the question is where do I start? I suppose I need to identify the event in R5000's video stream that triggers the symptoms, and then identify why the HD300 can't handle it.

What do I use to identify the fault in the stream?

Running SageTV 7.1.9.256
Sage HD300 beta 20110506-0 and current mainstream release.
Java 1.6.0_10

Update:
VideoRedo quickstream fix reports 25 "input sequence errors" and removed 25 audio resync frames.
post #2677 of 2773 Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Did you select the option to strip out null packets? I noticed popup once in a while when this option is enabled; which is probably why we get the warning about playback issues when this option is enabled.

Symptom: Where there's no audio; and, the video looks like it's fast forwarding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjasage View Post

I am getting a frequent error that occurs
when watching R5000 content from SageTV on a Sage HD300 extender. The video starts getting jerky and then playing in FFW with no audio. It happens at the same point in every troubled video recording. SageTV software plays this fine, as does MPC-HT.

I fed the TS through MPEG-2 TS packet analyser 2.4.1.0 and checked for discontinuities and it found none. Therefore I believe that the problem exists in the elementary streams and there are only two present: the H.264 video and the AC3 audio. No problems with SYNC bytes.

If I feed it through video redo as a quick repair, playback is ok but the timecode is broken and it shows 13 minute show duration, and the seeker bar behaves like a 13 minute show, but it plays at 1x properly. If I let videoredo re-mux the whole show with no edits it fixes everything and makes it perfect.

So the question is where do I start? I suppose I need to identify the event in R5000's video stream that triggers the symptoms, and then identify why the HD300 can't handle it.

What do I use to identify the fault in the stream?

Running SageTV 7.1.9.256
Sage HD300 beta 20110506-0 and current mainstream release.
Java 1.6.0_10

Update:
VideoRedo quickstream fix reports 25 "input sequence errors" and removed 25 audio resync frames.

post #2678 of 2773 Old 01-19-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have seen what I think is the same issue with recordings and it can occur whether null packets are added or not. I suspect it is a counter or time code error or reset that is included in the original video stream. I have seen it recordings from both Dish and Shaw. I use PowerDVD tom play these recordings. Usually I use a Popcorn Hour but it has similar troubles as the HD300.
John
post #2679 of 2773 Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

I guess my experience may only apply to Comcast. I havent seen it do that symptom in a couple of years or so (when I might have had this option selected). A few weeks ago on this thread when I saw talks about using "compressed", I gave it a shot... I had to revert back due to this very issue.

post #2680 of 2773 Old 01-20-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Anyone ever seen the "Error: Failed to set USB transfer Mode" error dialog? Basically it seems my R5000 (VIP-211) is non-functional and all I get is a popup with that error whenever I try and start a recording....

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #2681 of 2773 Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 PM

MKANET: Yes I am stripping null packets to reduce file size. This is sounding like a minor inconsistency in the program stream that SageTV's HD300 decoder isn't dealing with properly. But why would there be a gap in the audio stream during a show? Is this a broadcast glitch?
post #2682 of 2773 Old 01-29-2012, 06:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Yeah, they warn you when selecting that option that not all players can handle VBR media files correctly; unless they're padded. I just recently switched to "compressed" mode again to see if I was just imagining things. And, sure enough... whala... I got that weird fastforward problem just only a few days later! So, that compressed option definitely look related (at least on Comcast).

I'm not sure what you mean by "a gap in the audio streaming during a show". Do you mean you hear the audio drop out? Does this happen when you leave the orignal stream in tact (not removing null packets)? If you hear it on all players, then it's a problem with the original broadcast.

Quote:

MKANET: Yes I am stripping null packets to reduce file size. This is sounding like a minor inconsistency in the program stream that SageTV's HD300 decoder isn't dealing with properly. But why would there be a gap in the audio stream during a show? Is this a broadcast glitch?

post #2683 of 2773 Old 01-29-2012, 07:13 PM

quoting "VideoRedo quickstream fix reports 25 "input sequence errors" and removed 25 audio resync frames."

I'm not certain as to the nature of these errors. Quickfix in VideoRedo won't fix it, but a 100% stream remux in VideoRedo fixes everything. From a little research the audio resync frames apparently indicate that there are missing audio frames.

If there is a gap in the audio, its difficult to perceive because the player jams up.

So far, only the SageTV HD300 glitches on this video, server and client roll playback just fine.
post #2684 of 2773 Old 01-29-2012, 07:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Does this happen only whe using the "compressed" option? Does this happen on all your TV channels via R5000? Do you have the same issue when using your cablebox's HDMI output with it's builtin mpeg2 decoder) to watch the same TV channels?

Quote:

quoting "VideoRedo quickstream fix reports 25 "input sequence errors" and removed 25 audio resync frames."

I'm not certain as to the nature of these errors. Quickfix in VideoRedo won't fix it, but a 100% stream remux in VideoRedo fixes everything. From a little research the audio resync frames apparently indicate that there are missing audio frames.

If there is a gap in the audio, its difficult to perceive because the player jams up.

So far, only the SageTV HD300 glitches on this video, server and client roll playback just fine.

post #2685 of 2773 Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 AM

I haven't tried uncompressed (unpadded) streams yet. I am planning on it soon. No problems capturing the analog video from the VIP211 with an AMD Theater650 based MPEG2 encoder, I can't really hear any audio issues, but the catch is that I don't record both MPEG2 SD from analog and R5000 feeds, and it is impossible to predict when the glitch happens.

What tool can I use on my video stream to analyze the streams for errors? There are zero errors in the transport stream continuity.
post #2686 of 2773 Old 01-31-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

I don't think you would have to worry about errors or playback issues with the default setting. If you still have playback issues using the default setting, TS-Doctor should fix recoverable errors.

Quote:

I haven't tried uncompressed (unpadded) streams yet. I am planning on it soon. No problems capturing the analog video from the VIP211 with an AMD Theater650 based MPEG2 encoder, I can't really hear any audio issues, but the catch is that I don't record both MPEG2 SD from analog and R5000 feeds, and it is impossible to predict when the glitch happens.

What tool can I use on my video stream to analyze the streams for errors? There are zero errors in the transport stream continuity.

post #2687 of 2773 Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

I think I know what you're experiencing. The video is fine, only the audio drops in and out. However, this only happens to me on a couple of SD channels... Playboy and BBCWLD; neither of which I watch. This doesn't happen to me on any of my HD channels. My guess is it's something indirectly related to these channels being in SD.

Quote:

post #2688 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 AM

I set my file options to "Constant 19.392mbps" and got another glitching cycle on the HD STP-300 player last night, House was broken and WAF took another hard hit (on Valentines day no less).

My trial version of VideoReDo has expired but the full remux always fixed the errors. Stream quickfix does not fix the errors.

Getting ready to run it through TS doctor.
post #2689 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 07:13 AM

TS-Doctor simply reports "PMT invalid or missing" for every single R5000 recording.

I guess the other issue I noted is that two recordings that have occurred since setting to uncompressed streams is that the file size hasn't changed yet. I will reboot my receiver and R5000 hardware and restart the server and try to record again.
post #2690 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Dirty Jobs Onion Processor was recorded at the 19.3mbps padded transport stream setting and it too glitched out on me. I'm uploading my House program that was broken to SageTV support, and I am gonna test it in stand-alone mode on the HD300 player via USB.
post #2691 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

How does it play when using the cableTV box itself (using it's HDMI/DVI and audio outputs)? I have a feeling there may be something wrong with the cablebox that you have your R5000 in. The R5000 module just streams exactly what comes from your cablebox. It doesn't alter the audio/video streams or re-encode in any way. So, if you have errors in audio/video stream, then you also have errors in the stream when your cablebox tries to decode them as well.

Quote:

Dirty Jobs Onion Processor was recorded at the 19.3mbps padded transport stream setting and it too glitched out on me. I'm uploading my House program that was broken to SageTV support, and I am gonna test it in stand-alone mode on the HD300 player via USB.

post #2692 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM

I can't readily test that way (watching the analog output during recording). I did just confirm that the video playback also breaks the same way when watching from a USB file system in stand-alone mode. So it has nothing to do with SageTV framework, rather the decoder firmware.

Here is some output from TSremuxR:
SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: Main@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 59.9401
H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=59.9401
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 448Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
B-pyramid level 1 detected. Shift DTS to 2 frames
B-pyramid level 2 detected. Shift DTS to 3 frames
H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:12:19,168. Resync stream.
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 448Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:35:21,983. Resync stream.
Processed 215279 video frames
Mux successful complete.
Muxing time: 1 min 46 sec
post #2693 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

You wouldn't have to record anything.. just use the cablebox to watch TV the way it was meant to be used to see if it even works correctly. I have a feelng it might have the same problem decoding the same content. AFAIK, the sageTV HD300 (which uses are relatively recent Sigma chip... 8654 chipset), can handle all the broadcast TV standards that are out. Presuming there's nothing wrong with your SageTV HD300, if it can't playback this type of media, you won't find any consumer HD media box that would either. Usually when a media file can't be decode a file format, the symtom isn't audio/video breaking up. It just wont play it at all. With all the time you've spent on this issue, I think you would be better off trying to use you cablebox's video/audo out; preferably DVI/HDMI video.

Quote:

I can't readily test that way (watching the analog output during recording). I did just confirm that the video playback also breaks the same way when watching from a USB file system in stand-alone mode. So it has nothing to do with SageTV framework, rather the decoder firmware.

Here is some output from TSremuxR:
SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: Main@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 59.9401
H.264 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=59.9401
Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 448Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
B-pyramid level 1 detected. Shift DTS to 2 frames
B-pyramid level 2 detected. Shift DTS to 3 frames
H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:12:19,168. Resync stream.
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:35:21,983. Resync stream.
Processed 215279 video frames
Mux successful complete.
Muxing time: 1 min 46 sec

post #2694 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Further testing has occurred:

I have fed several "good" programs through TSremuxR, and most of them are showing a single AC3 stream error like above (bad frame).

I just ran Shutter Island's broken TS file through TSremuxR, it reported a zero errors. So I don't think I am properly reporting the faults in these files. The remux did fix the playback though.
post #2695 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 PM

VLC playback of the file rolls perfectly, until around 8 minutes. Then there is a tiny skip (it sounds like backwards, but not a gap) and the video is still rolling smoothly. VLC reports the following (no prior messages):

main warning: clock gap, unexpected stream discontinuity
main warning: feeding synchro with a new reference point trying to recover from clock gap
main warning: received buffer in the future
main warning: early picture skipped
main warning: buffer is 55278 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: the mixer got a packet in the past (14)
main warning: resampling stopped after 13401000 usec (drift: -659)

This occurs exactly where HD STP-300 freaks out.
post #2696 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Yeah, VLC is definitely more tolerant to bad/damaged recordings. I imagine the HD300 would do what any hardware media player would do.

Quote:

VLC playback of the file rolls perfectly, until around 8 minutes. Then there is a tiny skip (it sounds like backwards, but not a gap) and the video is still rolling smoothly. VLC reports the following (no prior messages):

main warning: clock gap, unexpected stream discontinuity
main warning: feeding synchro with a new reference point trying to recover from clock gap
main warning: buffer is 55278 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: the mixer got a packet in the past (14)
main warning: resampling stopped after 13401000 usec (drift: -659)

This occurs exactly where HD STP-300 freaks out.

post #2697 of 2773 Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 PM

if you are on fios using moto cable modded boxes I recommend my recording software I posted before. Has anyone reading this thread tried it? If so I can upload the latest version. Another thing I did is to install a NEC USB3 PCI-Express card and use it for my 2 R5000-HDs. I am 100% glitch-free now. Recordings flawless even when I am gaming at the same time.
post #2698 of 2773 Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

That sound like a great idea. I didn't think of that. I think guho has the same setup as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guho View Post

if you are on fios using moto cable modded boxes I recommend my recording software I posted before. Has anyone reading this thread tried it? If so I can upload the latest version. Another thing I did is to install a NEC USB3 PCI-Express card and use it for my 2 R5000-HDs. I am 100% glitch-free now. Recordings flawless even when I am gaming at the same time.

post #2699 of 2773 Old 03-24-2012, 04:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Does anyone know what format these 3D channels are streamed in? All my other 2D channels are mpeg2. I'm just not sure what video decoder to use for these channels. According to the Comcast customer service, I should be subscribed to both 3D channels. I can see my cableTV box changing to that channel; however, I get no video or sound.

post #2700 of 2773 Old 03-24-2012, 10:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Whoohoo... I just realized that all the 3D content is available via On Demand. I'm able to record and watch all the 3D movies now using my R5000s. Lots of fun!

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page