post #10351 of 10358 Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post

I have a port on my 6412. Before ordering a cable fom Monopice, wanted to know if it is enabled. Comcast has a habit of disabling some Moto features.

Thanx.

...mike

Optical Audio works.

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10352 of 10358 Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM

Does anyone know if or when Comcast will enable the use of the eSATA or USB 2.0 port for add-on hard drives?

Apparently Scientific Atlanta boxes have had it enabled by some cable providers (not sure if Comcast is one of them). e.g. here's a 1TB expander drive on sale at jr.com http://www.jr.com/apricorn/pe/APR_AD...kItUp.04162009
post #10353 of 10358 Old 04-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Liked: 11
My guess is no, we're not going to see eSATA or USB support on these boxes, ever.
post #10354 of 10358 Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
That would be a shame, I hope you're not correct, although it points in that direction for sure.

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Harper Home Theater Systems
ISF Calibrations, Consultations
Sales & Installations
post #10355 of 10358 Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 PM
abg

Question on Motorola DVR (6412) reset:

Hi-

I have been having some issues with my DVR that make me think that a HDD reset would help (or, at least, not make things any worse). I haven't done this since 2006 and when I tried what I had written down, it failed to work. This is the procedure I have:

Power off
Hit OK/Select quickly
Hit "replay"
Hit MyDVR 3 times.
Hit Live
"Clr" should now be in LED display
Press OK/Select to cause reboot

I get into the Service Menu with the first two lines, but nothing after that gets me to the "Clr" prompt. A quick check of Wikipedia shows that the instructions there are slightly different, with 2 presses of "replay" and 2 presses of "Live" being necessary. I tried that as well, but still no luck.

So, has anyone here successfully reset their 6412 unit recently, and what command sequence did you use?

Thanks in advance,
Alan
post #10356 of 10358 Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by abg View Post

I have been having some issues with my DVR that make me think that a HDD reset would help (or, at least, not make things any worse). I haven't done this since 2006 and when I tried what I had written down, it failed to work.

It's possible that software pushed to the DVR changed or disabled the reset sequence. The 6412 is now a pretty old machine. I don't have one any more, so I can't check for you. Assuming you're renting it from Comcast, the simplest solution is probably to exchange it for a newer DVR. Take the 6412 down to your local Comcast retail location (probably Sunnyvale for you) and they will replace it with a later model with a bigger disk.

post #10357 of 10358 Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 PM
abg

"Quote:
Originally Posted by abg

I have been having some issues with my DVR that make me think that a HDD reset would help (or, at least, not make things any worse). I haven't done this since 2006 and when I tried what I had written down, it failed to work.

It's possible that software pushed to the DVR changed or disabled the reset sequence. The 6412 is now a pretty old machine. I don't have one any more, so I can't check for you. Assuming you're renting it from Comcast, the simplest solution is probably to exchange it for a newer DVR. Take the 6412 down to your local Comcast retail location (probably Sunnyvale for you) and they will replace it with a later model with a bigger disk.
"

Yeah, it's making all kinds of awful hard drive noises at the moment and freezing constantly during playback.

Is there still a Comcast storefront in Sunnyvale? The last time I went to one last spring for a new remote I had to go to Foster City.

Thanks,
ABG
post #10358 of 10358 Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by abg View Post

Is there still a Comcast storefront in Sunnyvale? The last time I went to one last spring for a new remote I had to go to Foster City.

Yes, it's on El Camino near Wolfe in the same strip mall as Erik's DeliCafe and Relax The Back. So you can get a sandwich and a butt cushion in the same trip.

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page