Looks like I'm not going to be able to check in as often as I was in the past. Anyone want to work for me? VOD scrolling issue
- this is a bug that we've fixed and it is now being tested. Hopefully it will be rolled out to subscribers soon. This issue can be triggered by scrolling quickly using the either the page up/page down or the up/down buttons. The temporary work around is to use the arrow keys and not scroll too quickly.Box shows disk has stuff on it but no recordings are listed
- This appears to have been triggered by a change made by Comcast in the cable network. We are testing a fix for this. For now, to recover your scheduled show list, remove power (remove the power cord) from the box and plug the power back in. You will still have all of your recorded shows.
A few minutes after the box reboots, you will be able to view your recorded shows as before, delete them, etc. However, all of your scheduled recordings, including series requests, will be lost. You will need to re-schedule these shows. You can quickly schedule shows to record by pressing the record button once (single recording) or twice (series recording) from any program listing view. You can also do this by selecting the on-screen buttons in the info screen for shows you wish to record.
We have shared information with Comcast on steps that can be taken to avoid this.Red light
- No, we weren't listening to Roxanne during development. There is a hardware phase that was released and does not have the right ID in our software. This will be address in a future version of our software. This does NOT indicate a defective box.NBA League Pass recording
- Some of the guide data was incorrect leading to some PPV channels not being recordable. This data was recently fixed and you should now be able to schedule recordings for these games.Shows appear in scheduled list but don't record
- This is related to duplicate recording detection. If we detect a duplicate airing of a show, it will not be recorded. How do we know it's a duplicate? You guessed it, guide data. Well, actually it's a little more complicated than that. However, there are some cases where the guide data reuses something that causes us to mark it as duplicate. We are working on a solution for this and have several fixes tested, waiting for a green light....and in closing
- Thanks for all the feedback. We're determined to make this the best cable DVR solution and software platform available. I'm erring on the side of being as up front as I can publicly about known issues. I'm not sure that our competition is doing the same but this product is like my baby so I'm willing to support the AVS Forum folks in my spare time so I can engage the end users directly.