PVHD1000 $519.00 shipped - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2000, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys,

Nextag.com has some vendors selling the PVHD1000. The best price is from PrimeTime DigiCam, $519.00 shipped. I made a counteroffer, but they would only go down to $518.00. Hope this helps.

Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2000, 12:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 169
The offers to sell on this web site seem to be false advertising. They offer low ball prices , you order at those prices (not even a counter offer) and then they deny you the sale. You can re-order at the higher price if you want. I don't trust companies that make a habit of bait and switch advertising.

------------------
Don Landis
Home Theater Pics at:www.scubatech.com Last updated 6/24/00
Old 10-13-2000, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately, that is always a possibility. I did however, purchase a Toshiba SD-5109 through Nextag.com about 6 months ago for $443 shipped which was a fantastic deal back then. Did you actually try to order the PVHD1000 from PrimeTime DigiCam?

Tom
Old 10-13-2000, 09:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Yes Tom. I even have a confirmation on the order. Then they sent me a very short note declining the order the next day after accepting it at the lower price. It seems to me that this may be a violation of the UCC part of the FTC regulations on offer and acceptance. There is an offer now to sell now at a much higher price which I declined. This also may be a bait and switch violation. Basically, I'm afraid that these people are not to be trusted as unethical business practices and I'm now watching out for my credit card info being ripped off over the next few months. I have taken necessary precautions and have already warned the credit card company of their routine. Hopefully my paranoia will be unfounded.

------------------
Don Landis
Home Theater Pics at:www.scubatech.com Last updated 6/24/00

[This message has been edited by Don Landis (edited 10-13-2000).]
Old 10-18-2000, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I will confirm Don's claim about the Nextag lie.

PrimeTime Digicam, alias Camera Sound sent me a short e-mail (5 days atfer my order) saying that the item was not in stock, but did not try to sell me another item, or the PVHD1000 at a higher price. The salesman that I spoke to on the phone basically danced around the issue, saying that they simply cancelled my order, and didn't charge my card. And that the demand for these units have outstripped the supply, and that I should check back with them in a couple weeks and call before I order next time to confirm availability.

It's interesting that he knew that this was about the PVHD1000 even before I mentioned it, so obviously many people have fallen for this false advertising.

It's obviously a scam, and he knew it. It's skirting the law by advertising and selling products that are not in stock, and not allowing rainchecks. I'm not expecting to be charged for the item, but it is a scam nonetheless.

-Dean.