About to buy the new JVC HD D-VHS from Japan, Will This work with My stuff?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2001, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, Pkease help me if at all possible: I would like to purchase the new JVC HD30000 D-VHS machine from japan. I read in another thread that it will work in the US and it does not have copy protection on it. I have the DTC-100 and the E* 6000. Can i hook either one of these up to itto record HD like HBOHD or SHOHD or channel 199 etc? Do I have to wait for 16x9time to come up with a fix? Any thoughts? How about OTA recordings? Thanks in advance, Helfy

------------------
You don't know and You don't know that you don't know!

Michigan's Best Home Remodeler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2001, 08:04 AM

Liked: 10
When I was in Japan about 12 years ago, I found that TVs made to be sold in Japan were different then ones made to be sold in USA. I bought a nice Sony there but could only get the local "for US soldiers" channel. All other channels for Japan would not tune in. They use a differnt system there. I could het Jananease channels but they were all out of focus and not tuned in right. I would think all TV stuff sold there would be made to recieve thier signals only, unless you get a unit that was made to be shipped to the US. And then there is the question of on screen displays and controls all being in Japanease. I could be wrong tho, maybe they have since switched to out transmition standards now.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-2001, 08:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Helfy,
Neither the DTC-100 nor the Dish 6000 will work, as is. So far the only U.S. HDTV product that has been confirmed to work with the JVC HM-DH30000 is the Panasonic TU-DST50/51 OTA HDTV tuners.

16x9Time will soon be modifying the DTC-100 to add Firewire ports. There is an option to make these Firewire ports able to record and play back from the Panasonic PV-HD1000 D-VHS deck. Theoretically the 169Time mod. should also recognize the JVC VCR. But no one has confirmed this.

You can still record OTA signals with the JVC using the TU-DST50/51. Also, if you have a Dish 5000 and modulator, you can record SHO and HBO.

Dylan

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page