Dish 5000 activation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-15-2001, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Sopranos looks so good in HD, I decided to get a Dish 5000 to be able to record HBO and Showtime with my D-VHS equipment. Dish Depot still has some new 5000s at $299 (shipping included--should arrive Friday) and they were nice enough to add a 18 inch dish at no charge. Last fall I had bought a modulator, but didn't go the rest of the way when Dish began charging for the HD channels. I have a 4DTV system and just want the Dish HD channels on the 61.5 degree sat. What is the least expensive way to buy this from Dish?
Charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-15-2001, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not a Dish customer, but I think one option is to just pay $10 per channel. I would love that pricing option for DirecTV. I only watch HBOHD and FOX News Channel. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
STOP DFAST!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 03-15-2001, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cnixon:
The Sopranos looks so good in HD, I decided to get a Dish 5000 to be able to record HBO and Showtime with my D-VHS equipment. Dish Depot still has some new 5000s at $299 (shipping included--should arrive Friday) and they were nice enough to add a 18 inch dish at no charge. Last fall I had bought a modulator, but didn't go the rest of the way when Dish began charging for the HD channels. I have a 4DTV system and just want the Dish HD channels on the 61.5 degree sat. What is the least expensive way to buy this from Dish?
Charles
</font>
Actually they are not new but reconditioned.

Bernhard

post #4 of 5 Old 03-15-2001, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bertil:
I'm not a Dish customer, but I think one option is to just pay $10 per channel. I would love that pricing option for DirecTV. I only watch HBOHD and FOX News Channel. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

</font>
Actually, it will cost a bit more than that. The HBO/Showtime package is $21.99/month, plus a 5.00 access charge (because you don't have a basic package like AT50, AT100 or AT150), for a total of $26.99/month.

post #5 of 5 Old 03-15-2001, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Unless their policy has changed, DirecTV will sell you HBO for just $12, they don't even charge $5 access fee like Dishnetwork. There is also a $10/mo sports package, I don't konw if the Fox Sports is included or not.
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page