Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-15-2001, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello All,
Next month I will be taking the HDTV drive and start assembling my new system. This system is going into our family room so it will be limited by space. I already decided to purchase the Mitsubishi WT46807. Now all of you have heard of the Mitsubishi promise module that will be coming out vary soon. I would like to be able to time shift HDTV programming while keeping cost at a minimum. I live in the Raleigh Durham area of NC and we currently have 4 HD channels on the AIR. The plans are to add three more channels next year. I do not get HBO/Showtime on my current Satellite system and I'm not interested in paying the additional expense. I am upgrading my A/V receiver to Harmon Kardon DD/DTS model. I already own a Mitsubishi S-VHS recorder and Phillips DVD player The options are:
1) RCA DTC-100 with 169 module and Sony DV recorder
2) Get Mitsubishi promise module and wait for the introduction of 1394 capable D-VHS recorders. Another option here would be a Sony DV recorder.
3) Assemble computer with Hipix board and the largest hard drive available
4) Get the RCA DTC-100 and and use my current S-VHS recorder to copy programs via the S-jack. And then wait awhile for things and prices to settle down.

I have it though vary good channel that the Mitsubishi promise module is coming vary vary soon. I do know for sure that I will get the promise module when available.
Sorry for being so long winded, thanks!

------------------
Bruce.in.Cary

Bruce.in.Triangle NC
Firewire is alive and kicking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-16-2001, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bruce Embry:
Hello All,
I do not get HBO/Showtime on my current Satellite system and I'm not interested in paying the additional expense
</font>

You are spending a lot of money here. Why deprive yourself of HDTV movies? The quality is very good.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #3 of 3 Old 03-16-2001, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The problem is none of the above HD timeshift option can is promised at this point. May be to use the money for HBO/SHO HDs, and wait for the "promised" Mits. upgrade?
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page