Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Danville, CA USA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Configuring the Main Board ID Number
Perform this section if you have replaced the main board (A-Board). The new board requires entry of the ID number. Use scratch paper and a calculator that converts between binary, decimal and hexadecimal (hex). Perform the following to enter the ID number.
1. Determine the ID number in hex.
2. Enter the hex ID number into the main board using the main board using the remote control.
Determining the ID Number
To determine the ID number, decode the unit serial number as follows.
1. Parse the 8-digit serial number into its three fields.
2. Convert each field from decimal to binary.
3. Place the resulting binary digits into an 8x4 matrix.
4. Derive the 8-digit hex number from the binary matrix.</font>
|<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">11. Verify that the ID# on the Channel Banner screen matches the serial number located on the rear panel label. The numbers must match to ensure correct operation of the unit. If the numbers do not match, repeat the procedure.</font>|