169time equivalent for Dish5000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-29-2001, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a model 5000 echostar reciever with the HDTV modulator feeding into a pioneer 505(?) set top box before going to my monitor. I would love to be able to record HD via firewire to my DV deck. Does anyone know if equivalent of the 169time add on for the STS100 exists or is on the plans for the model 5000?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-29-2001, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ResMan:
I've got a model 5000 echostar reciever with the HDTV modulator feeding into a pioneer 505(?) set top box before going to my monitor. I would love to be able to record HD via firewire to my DV deck. Does anyone know if equivalent of the 169time add on for the STS100 exists or is on the plans for the model 5000?
Nope, but you can try to get a Panasonic STB. They have firewire out. That is currently the only way to make a digital recording/copy of Dish programming in HD.

Or should I say... No, your 5000 model is useless. I'll save you from it. Just send it to .... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
STOP DFAST!!!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-29-2001, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

ResMan, You can get an AccessDTV or HiPix card and use
those to record off the 5000. There is also a new program
called DVspoof that records from the computer to a DV cam.
You can find all the info about this stuff on the Home Theater
Computers section of this forum.

Trevor

------------------
Stop 5C,HDCP And DFAST. We Killed DIVX, we'll kill this too.

Trevor
post #4 of 4 Old 05-31-2001, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Edit: I somehow missed Trevor's post summarizing this information. Here's a bit more detail about the same topic.

Not directly.

If you add a HiPix receiver card (currently out of production, but expected to restart in July), you could take the modulated output of the Model 5000 and record it "live" to HDD. Then using brand new software tools as described in DVSpoof 1.3 , you would create intermediate files that looks like AVI files, then use a video software package like Premiere 6 or Scenalyzer Live to transfer the spoofed AVI files to the camcorder. Playback from camcorder recovers the spoofed AVI files, and these get run through a spoof-removal tool. The results are playable by a HiPix.

It remains to be seen if the media are robust enough to allow AccessDTV files to work. AccessDTV playback barfs at the first error encountered. However, testers so far have reported 0 errors, so this remains an open question.

Also note that the tools are still in development, and they are expected to get faster and easier to use in the future. It has even been suggested in a HiPix features request thread that Telemann should look into adding SDK capabilities so the spoof capability might not need to be a separate step.

Is this close to what you're looking for?

-yogaman

[This message has been edited by yogaman (edited 05-31-2001).]
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page