I have a chance to pick up a 5000 & modulator for a fair price.
I have directv, cannot afford the Pany combo and would probably not switch to dish right now.
Should I buy for some sort of future-proof reason?
Please don;t ask me to purchase this and sell to you. I need an honest opinion here.
Thanks - Mase
Given that the same combo just went for $1455 on eBay yesterday I would heartily recommend that you pick it up ASAP! If you do and decide you want to sell it after all I will offer you a handsome price for the combo...I'm planning
on building an HTPC with a HiPix HD card and would like to have the 5000/modulator combo to tape HBO/Showtime using the new DVspoof application.