Best switching solution for D4 and component output? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-19-2001, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the best switcher for D4 (as in JVC HD30000) output and a DVD component output with a CRT projector that only has one set of 5BNC input that can either take component or RGD inputs. I have a Barco Cine 7 projector with the above input and am looking for a switcher to watch both Japanese BS HDTV and a DVD player. I gues I can use a RCVDS? with multiple component/RGD input and use D4-component cable; is that correct?

I also noticed that there is a Japanese RGB switcher made by mitsubishi that actually has a separate D4 input, multiple component inputs and RGB inputs. This is also a RGB decoder. Would this be a better solution to RCVDS switcher? What would be the difference between these two types?

thanks for the inputs.

CPark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-19-2001, 06:45 PM

Hi Cpark,

I think the Mitsubishi is the best solution for you. People used it praise on the high quality and artistically refine colour decoding. Numerous inputs also make it future proof.

Crusher
post #3 of 8 Old 04-19-2001, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Could either of you fellows please post a link (in English if possible) to this Mitsubishi switcher?

"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not an engineer."
post #4 of 8 Old 04-20-2001, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Crusher,

Given that the mitsubishi has a D4 input, I am inclined to go for it. My only hesitation is that it has no remote and the selection is done manually. Has anybody seen this work with a video processor like Faroudja? I am thinking about getting either the Rock or F NRS. I am assuming the RGB decoding does not interfere with the picture quality improved by these processors?

Does anybody have other options suggestions?

By the way, I have not seen any weblinks for this switcher.

Cpark

post #5 of 8 Old 06-16-2001, 08:57 PM

Thanks to cpark telling me that the model number of this unit is the D-2001, I was able to find a web site with photos of the front and back of this unit. Check it out here http://www.kawaguchimusen.co.jp/d-2001.html (I used www.shodouka.com to change it into Japanese that might wife could read instead of just garbage characters). Looks like the list price is an incredibly pricey 158,000 yen (about $1300) but it does look like a nice piece of gear and most of the labeling appears to be in English.

If I get my father's day wish, I will be heading to Akihabara to look at one of these today.

Milton Henry
post #6 of 8 Old 06-19-2001, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Milton,

Did you get to see one yet? Just a warning, the unit was originally designed to fit this with Mitsubishi CRT projectors, so they say it may not function fully with certain other brand projectors. I wanted to use it with my Barco Cine 7 but heard many contradictory views on whether it would work or not, so I dropped it in the end.

If you do a search, you may find some threads that actually shows some very good Japanese forum talk about how to use this unit with various proejctors. You can email TK Chan or Li On of this forum who are more knowledgeable about these units.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-19-2001, 02:35 AM

cpark

Didn't get my father's day wish (or the day after wish or today's wish) so I have not seen one yet. I hope to check one out tomorrow.

I am pretty sure I bookmarked the forum that AVS Forum member, Polaris, posted about for Japanese audio and video philes so I will probably start searching for Japanese language threads there. Maybe I can sweet talk my wife into doing a bit more translating.

Maybe we will get lucky and TK Chan or Li On catch these latest developments and post what they know.

Thanks again

Milton Henry
post #8 of 8 Old 06-19-2001, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page