I just got a message from a JVC service rep regarding the ailing DH30000 I took in for repair on 4/24/01. They have ordered service manuals from JVC Japan, and will receive them in 60 days! Then they will continue their repair effort. Gee, maybe I'll get a service manual out of this.http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif
I have another DH30000, but I find that I don't use it anymore, particularly since I've gotten the hub working with the HD1000's. Here's my 2 cents worth:Pro
1) Tape transport is excellent, faster, quieter, and gentler than the HD1000.
2) Tapes made and played on the JVC offer preview during FF/Rewind.
3) Can monitor while copying.Con
1) Difficult to keep in HD display mode.
2) Must unlink from DST50/51 before playing a tape.
3) Must put in DVHS mode manually if using SVHS tape.
4) Must set in HS mode manually before recording.
5) Can't use the STB timer because it frequently kicks the JVC out of HS mode.
6) Doesn't work with the Orange Micro hub.
7) Service, parts, manuals in English, etc don't exist.
8) One-second audio dropouts every half hour or so.
- gridleak... biased toward HD