Is the Denon AVR 5800 immune to the PV-HD1000 audio dropout problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2001, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
rrg
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My A/V receiver is the Denon AVR 4800. I had to supplement it with the Technics SH-AC500D (like many others on this Forum) in order to eliminate frequent audio dropouts in the digital audio of D-VHS recordings played through the Panasonic combo.

I'm planning to upgrade to the Denon AVR 5800. Does anyone here know specifically whether the audio dropout problem still occurs with this newer decoder (currently Denon's top-of-the-line A/V receiver)?

It would be a valuable simplication if I could eliminate the Technics from my too-complicated home theater.

------------------

Ron Gomes

Ron Gomes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2001, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
rrg
Advanced Member

Does anyone have any information or informed speculation about this? My 5800 will be arriving soon. I'm currently rewiring and reshelving everything and it would save time and trouble if I knew it was safe to just leave out the Technics decoder.

------------------

Ron Gomes

Ron Gomes
Old 06-20-2001, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Its been a while since I owned the Panny combo and SHAC500. I used it with my 5700 most of the time, but do recall needing it with the 5800 as well. In fact, I vaguely recall being optimistic that the 5800 would not need it and being disappointed that I still did require the SHAC500. Sorry I can't be any more definitive than that - too many toys in too little time combined with a fading memory. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Tom
Old 06-20-2001, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
rrg
Advanced Member

That's certainly disappointing. I plan to use the 5800's component switching, and having to use the Technics will complicate shelving, switching, cabling...everything.

Why (by the way) did you give up your perfectly fine Panasonic recording combo?

------------------

Ron Gomes

Ron Gomes
Old 06-20-2001, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I decided time shifting was more than adequate and went the PC-HDTV card route. I do miss the setup though but really never got into archiving movies.

Tom