I am sick of all the recording madness and double standard. Note the following:
1) There is no official market for any HDTV programming.
2) There is no real market for HDTV tapes....yet!
3) There is no "official" standard for HD...720p...1080i...Muse....8VSB....CDfmRIP
4) Hollywood is not loosing a dime for any activies in pvhd1000 group! Plenty of excentric AVS'ers there with a secret life!
5) The pana combo is no felony MPAA copyright violator. It costs $$$ and editing is not possible!
6) The right to record for home use is or should be a part of my 1st amendment rights!!!
7) Recieving programming denied to you by FCC or cable company is a privilage not a crime!
8) Watching foreign programming is an educational experience!! Am i your PAL or just watching TV??
9) One can even learn some new languages(cursing is now easy for me!).
10) Retreiving HDTV programming lost to me due to FCC broadcast violators is my CIVIC duty!
11) Anybody who wanted to be a real video pirate would do DVD or VHS instead. $$$ 101 plain and simple.
12) Any business selling OTA HD tapes with commericials??
13) Trading tapes for free still costs money...to me. Example getting Jay Leno's in HD which i could easily record if my local top 30 market NBC affiliate would finally get on the air!
>> As usual i will gladly talk to anybody who agrees($$$) with my friendly policies via PM!