With all the OTA HD choices available, I would like to record HD programming. I have a Pentiumm III desktop and a Pentium I laptop. Here are my questions.
1) Which card do I need? I have heard of HIPIX and AccessDTV. What are the pros/cons of each and do I need a HD-STB in addition to the card?
2) What type of cable do I need to connect the card to my Sony HDTV?
3) Is there an HD card for a laptop?
4) My harddrive is only 10 Gigs, can I use an external harddrive to save shows?
5) How much space do I need to save one hour of HD?
6) What is the best place to buy the cards, cables etc?
Pioneer 50in Kuro 1080
Sony VAIO XL201