8300HD and External SATA - It Works!! - Page 303 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #9061 of 9062 Old 02-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
[QUOTE=scnrfrq;31946177][QUOTE=regulator8;31944465][quote=scnrfrq;31943129]
What boxes do they have available in your area? Once you know what's available you can go to TWC website and research to see what size hard drive are in those boxes. I know the Samsung H3272 has a 500GB hard drive.

Not sure what they have here. I may have to go over there and ask.

More trouble. Now both my 8300's are missing recordings I have already set up. They are disappearing from the Scheduled Recordings list just like I never even set them up. Today I checked the recording log, and one said "Service No Longer Exists"! And of course I tuned in the channel and it came in fine WTF???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9062 of 9062 Old Today, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
8300hdc

[QUOTE=scnrfrq;32157025][QUOTE=scnrfrq;31946177][QUOTE=regulator8;31944465][quote=scnrfrq;31943129]
What boxes do they have available in your area? Once you know what's available you can go to TWC website and research to see what size hard drive are in those boxes. I know the Samsung H3272 has a 500GB hard drive.

Not sure what they have here. I may have to go over there and ask.

More trouble. Now both my 8300's are missing recordings I have already set up. They are disappearing from the Scheduled Recordings list just like I never even set them up. Today I checked the recording log, and one said "Service No Longer Exists"! And of course I tuned in the channel and it came in fine WTF???

I went to our local TW office today and told them about the problems I've been having. He said it's almost certainly the DVR's themselves, due to age. I've had one since '07 and one since'09. Their entire supply of DVR's were 8300HDC's - 24 of them. He couldn't give me a list of other brands they may have later - said it changes all the time.

I decided to try an 8300HDC (built in '08!)to see if my external drive would work. So far, so good. The popup messages about installing and formatting the drive were different than on my 8300HD's. It never asked to format it, just said "this drive is used on another set-top box". I clicked OK and nothing else showed up. From what I can tell, it is using the external drive now. I'm going to test it out this week to see if it performs better than the 8300HD's.

I'm not crazy about the Cisco Navigator software on this box though. Takes a long time to boot up, and the graphics are not as professional looking. Menus and guide are slower too. They also gave me a new style remote - the Clikr-5. I'm going to play around with that tonite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page