Forum Jump: 

post #24721 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

Still got the original packaging/boxing documentation for it and the remote is perfect...

That in itself should command an extra $50.
75-90% of the lamo's on eBay don't save boxes. Real stupidity.

On a separate note, going on what appears to be the 3rd month (at least two anyway) with no ads.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24722 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Has anyone come up with conditions for weekly programs that are setup to record weekly, when those programs don't air for the deck not to record them when they air again?
I have lost more programs in the past couple of months due to these breaks in normal program schedules.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #24723 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

On a separate note, going on what appears to be the 3rd month (at least two anyway) with no ads.

Quote:

Has anyone come up with conditions for weekly programs that are setup to record weekly, when those programs don't air for the deck not to record them when they air again?
I have lost more programs in the past couple of months due to these breaks in normal program schedules.

Ads have been reported last week from Philly OTA. They are on V10 internet TVGOS also.

Do you mean "regularly" or "weekly"? I record weekly all the time. Manual recordings do not have a regular option. I'm sorry you are missing scheduled programs.
post #24724 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 07:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Weekly.
It's not new, just seems to be worse than usual. I see others make reference to missing recordings. The program is listed, but it isn't 'tagged' to record anymore.

It seems to happen when there are breaks in the program schedule (which seems to be every other week in the past year or more).

post #24725 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Weekly.
It's not new, just seems to be worse than usual. I see others make reference to missing recordings. The program is listed, but it isn't 'tagged' to record anymore.

It seems to happen when there are breaks in the program schedule (which seems to be every other week in the past year or more).

I don't think I can add anything. Only manual recordings have a date on the recording menu. There is a 753.... recordings screen which might help. On one unit I have 70 deleted recordings. I've never missed one. You are right, the programs seem to be scheduled in a semi-random basis.
post #24726 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

Average price is $1 per GB. Include this forum's URL on a piece of paper. Mark had a post a few pages back on what to do. It would be nice to keep the .21 firmware and 08.06.44 TVGOS patch level. I would not do a reset. I would put the winner's zipcode in system setup and turn the TVGOS power-on setting to off and output to AUTO-HDMI.

IMO that is a poor "rule of thumb" for price. $1 per GB would make the HDD250 worth $250 (which is not a bad price) but $500 for a HDD500 is a bit much.

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #24727 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Anybody got a pic of the early built models with Memory Stick Pro slot on front?

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #24728 of 29262 Old 03-22-2012, 12:55 PM
kwg

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post

Anybody got a pic of the early built models with Memory Stick Pro slot on front?

There was one on ebay last year:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post20242814
I thought I grabbed the pic files, but I guess not.

Here's the second ad (noted by Possumgirl) with pics:
http://www.universaltvremotecontrol....te-and-manual/

I guess browse this thread starting from the first link above.
post #24729 of 29262 Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
TVGOS Reset just for fun.

As long as the sum of EPPs plus DPPs equal total StationPkts andTimezonePkts, then HostSUFlags remains 0xe68.

After that I always get confused with the Ups and Downs, for the rest of the Unknowns 1, 2, and 3:

Let's see?

As StationPkts and TimezonePkts diverge (spread apart) while the sum of EPPs plus DPPs increase in relation to X then the Unknown 2 (StationPkt) sets in the HostSUFlag.

AND

As StationPkts and TimezonePkts diverge (spread apart) while the sum of EPPs plus DPPs decrease in relation to X then the Unknowns 1 and 3 sets in the HostSUFlag.

I could have the above two statements exactly backwards? Also, I have forgotten the X?

So far I have never been able to catch it on camera, particularly when bits 1, 2, and 3 all set the same night I am asleep. If that setting occurs over two nights then maybe I can catch it on camera.

During the last several months, this part of the routine has been fairly consistent: If HostSUFlag has reached 0xf78 by around 5PM (Houston time) of the day, then HostSUFLag is set at 07:15 GMT the next morning. If HostSUFlag has only reached 0xe68 around 5PM, then the HostSUFlag is set at 07:45 GMT the next morning. I guess that implys bits 1, 2, and 3 are being set from 07:15 to 07:45 GMT

Of course there have been several times it does nothing during NumSearch 1, and does not move from 0xe68 until it gets into NumSearch 2?
LL
LL
post #24730 of 29262 Old 03-23-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson View Post

TVGOS Reset just for fun.

Not so much fun. I may have to move this summer to assist my mother. I took a 250 to her house and used a "T" to connect it.

That was 3/12. Today I checked. Last week I used a tape to get the TVGOS to .44 and got firmware to .21. The 753... reported:

blank host
Host ID 0
Clock Set 1:0-19
last clock set 3/19
# clock set 5
VBI Stat 0x04
Host SUFlags 0x8000000

Probably would have no lineup without the tape. Listings are junk.

As Jed1 & I have seen, the data is bad but plentiful. It looks like things will not be good. After a week on analog cable my 250 should be happy.

I found one oddity. Using the tapes made from my channel 98 vsb, the ANT input seemed to ignore them on (ch 3) .21 for some reason. When I fed the same tapes through the DHG cable input (ch 3) I could get the TVGOS updates and a lineup and even a few listings after 16 hours. I went to .13 firmware and it all looked good. It is now at .13 but the VBI data is 90% bad. Oh yeah, clock is ok (ch 19) since I have the cable feed running through the VCR.

Maybe things will get fixed at my headend. If not it will be decision time. I am not looking forward to this move. Not fun.
post #24731 of 29262 Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

In less than 6 weeks, this thread will be seven years old!

Is that a record?

post #24732 of 29262 Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

Not so much fun. I may have to move this summer to assist my mother. I took a 250 to her house and used a "T" to connect it.

That was 3/12. Today I checked. Last week I used a tape to get the TVGOS to .44 and got firmware to .21. The 753... reported:

blank host
Host ID 0
Clock Set 1:0-19
last clock set 3/19
# clock set 5
VBI Stat 0x04
Host SUFlags 0x8000000

Probably would have no lineup without the tape. Listings are junk.

As Jed1 & I have seen, the data is bad but plentiful. It looks like things will not be good. After a week on analog cable my 250 should be happy.

I found one oddity. Using the tapes made from my channel 98 vsb, the ANT input seemed to ignore them on (ch 3) .21 for some reason. When I fed the same tapes through the DHG cable input (ch 3) I could get the TVGOS updates and a lineup and even a few listings after 16 hours. I went to .13 firmware and it all looked good. It is now at .13 but the VBI data is 90% bad. Oh yeah, clock is ok (ch 19) since I have the cable feed running through the VCR.

Maybe things will get fixed at my headend. If not it will be decision time. I am not looking forward to this move. Not fun.

That's interesting. That is exactly how it behaves when the zip code is wrong. The HostSUFlags never gets past 0x80000000. The next step is for it to get a Host ID which will never happen if the zip code is wrong. I wonder if it's possible that the host channel is sending data for a different DMA than where you are. Or maybe the station isn't sending out a host ID at all.

Mark
post #24733 of 29262 Old 03-23-2012, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuttra View Post

That's interesting. That is exactly how it behaves when the zip code is wrong. The HostSUFlags never gets past 0x80000000. The next step is for it to get a Host ID which will never happen if the zip code is wrong. I wonder if it's possible that the host channel is sending data for a different DMA than where you are. Or maybe the station isn't sending out a host ID at all.

Mark

Tomorrow I'll try moving the zipcode up the hill. Thanks for the suggestion. There is still the issue of VBI packets all needing to be fixed packets. Jed1 & I figure this may take a while (if ever) to be corrected since it's not an injector problem. The signal level is at 88, so the data is there.
post #24734 of 29262 Old 03-24-2012, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

But there is a Diverge on SortControl, fwiw. It may just wait until NumSearch 2 to move, maybe because the NumSearch 1 has a funny start date/time? More solar flares are needed at this point.

Sum of EPPs plus DPPs still equal the TimeZonePkts and StationPkts; thus no change in HostSUFlag of 0xe68.
LL
LL
post #24735 of 29262 Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

The divergence has begun and Host Channel Set. 06:45 GMT with CST/DST change. Since I did not catch what happened at 06:15 GMT, I do not know which of the bits did what when in relation to the increasing/deceasing EPPs+DPPs total. At this point forward, typically the sum of EPPs plus DPPs will rise and fall above the TimezonePkts (they are equal in this picture), but never be more than SationPkts. The three sets of numbers will continue to grow further and further apart, as the Sony continues to receive bits 1 , 2, and 3.

Anyways it works LOL.

Minor deletions/additions/changes to the grid etc. Total count is still 535 at my house. Finally CCTV is an actual listing now (cable); that is with call letters. It would be nice if the NTD - New Tang Dynasty (China's Forbidden News) was listed, but I have not found it yet (the Sony does scan it in). It is way cool to watch those two Fight It Out - its war without the bombs.
LL
LL
LL
post #24736 of 29262 Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuttra View Post

Mark

Hi Mark,
I wish that was the case here as there is no data related to building a grid available from this inserter. The only data that occurs is the GMT time and some listings data that is corrupted.

I am worried because this is the same problem that happened at my sisters in chambersburg but she was always missing the listings data. The bottom line there was Rovi couldn't figure out what was wrong and the problem never got fixed.

I got a DVR from my cable company on friday because it was only 8 dollars a month more than what I am currently paying. I was going to buy two Tivos but it would take about 9 years to break even with an elite and about 6 to 7 years with a premier xl. I doubt Tivo will be in business that long.

It will be four weeks next wednesday that I will have no TVGOS and one week since my cable company got all my bugs ironed out. I do hold a little hope that Rovi will find a host station for a digital inserter but I am not expecting that to happen.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #24737 of 29262 Old 03-25-2012, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

Hi Mark,
I wish that was the case here as there is no data related to building a grid available from this inserter. The only data that occurs is the GMT time and some listings data that is corrupted.

I am worried because this is the same problem that happened at my sisters in chambersburg but she was always missing the listings data. The bottom line there was Rovi couldn't figure out what was wrong and the problem never got fixed.

I got a DVR from my cable company on friday because it was only 8 dollars a month more than what I am currently paying. I was going to buy two Tivos but it would take about 9 years to break even with an elite and about 6 to 7 years with a premier xl. I doubt Tivo will be in business that long.

It will be four weeks next wednesday that I will have no TVGOS and one week since my cable company got all my bugs ironed out. I do hold a little hope that Rovi will find a host station for a digital inserter but I am not expecting that to happen.

I think we're in a bad place. I do have a good clock, but only 1 out of 10 vbi packets do anything, and the guide is crap. As of today the host is 0x0 but I hope they will kill ch 19 and go digital.
post #24738 of 29262 Old 03-27-2012, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Is that a record?

Yes. Most threads are "Whizbang 1000 is announced"
First adopters get it "post a review"
they come out
price drops (no price talk)
problem arises (the fraammis Joint needs to be re soldered)
Five guys fix this
company announces whizbang 2000
endless discussion and comparison.
early adopters go to that thread,

Lather, rinse, repeat. (count page hits)

We have a common bond. We were left on an island alone. There is no rescue, and we have only TVGOS to guide us.

In Vienna we sit, in late night cafe. Straight Connection, on T.E.E.
post #24739 of 29262 Old 03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlaw View Post

We have a common bond. We were left on an island alone. There is no rescue, and we have only TVGOS to guide us.

I don't want to be voted off this island. Too nice. I think I'll stick around until the volcano explodes.
post #24740 of 29262 Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is that a record?

And ten years is just around the corner and nothing better and cheaper has come along.

I am still waiting for the DHG 12000. 12T of data storage, and 12 digital tuners, that wirelessly fills the house with 1080p and HD audio............and my price point is $49.99
post #24741 of 29262 Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM

Liked: 10
I've had a Sony DHG HDD-500 since Sept. 2006, and I've loved it -- right through the digital TV transition and related firmware upgrade. I'm OTA, and with an outdoor antenna, have always enjoyed a great picture on all channels in this market. WINK-TV, the local CBS station, has been the TVGOS source. Sadly, last June, their TVGOS inserter went bonkers, and took the station off the air a couple of times! After several attempts to resolve the problem, without success, this past fall the station removed the inserter permanently. Shortly after that time, my 500 glitched, losing its date/time and guide data. (Yes, the grid is still present!) Without a TVGOS transmission, my 500 has been reduced to a large ATSC tuner.

I've been in touch with WINK's IT and engineering depts. They were hoping to get some new equipment to resume transmission of TVGOS without jeopardizing the on-air feed. That did not happen, and now I'm told that it won't! SO SAD!
post #24742 of 29262 Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by compu View Post

I've been in touch with WINK's IT and engineering depts. They were hoping to get some new equipment to resume transmission of TVGOS without jeopardizing the on-air feed. That did not happen, and now I'm told that it won't! SO SAD!

It is sad. If we could set the clock it would still work like a VCR.

If you decide to sell it, a 250 just went for $326 + 25 shipping on eBay.
post #24743 of 29262 Old 03-28-2012, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd ship my 500 anywhere in the US for a flat $250. Sigh. Such a good machine. If only they'd included setting the clock manually. They certainly had a chance with that ATSC fw upgrade.

Reunite Pangea!
post #24744 of 29262 Old 03-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

If we could set the clock it would still work like a VCR....

Or if we had a utility to help in dealing with the time offset.. hey wait a minute, we do have a Utility . . .

http://av-pix.com/2011/DHG-SonyTime.xls

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #24745 of 29262 Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 AM

Hello is there a OTA tv guide in the hartford ct area?

MickinCT
post #24746 of 29262 Old 03-31-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickinct View Post

Hello is there a OTA tv guide in the hartford ct area?

The last report was PBS. That was six months ago.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post21001580
post #24747 of 29262 Old 03-31-2012, 08:02 AM

IT is not on comcast anymore??

MickinCT
post #24748 of 29262 Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't know.
post #24749 of 29262 Old 03-31-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

Comcast has stopped sending TVGOS data in a few cities, so there is a chance they have stopped in your city. If they don't send out the data, then the only option is to connect an antenna and get the data OTA. You also should be running the 1.2.21 firmware to get the OTA data. If your guide is filled with 'No Listing', then there is a good chance that they have stopped. It could also be that their TVGOS inserter is down.

Mark
post #24750 of 29262 Old 03-31-2012, 10:16 AM

thanks mark for the reply I have not tried ota yet but the cable signal guide does not find grid, no clock. I have latest firmware instld.

MickinCT
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv
Gear in this thread - m401i-a3 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page