Forum Jump: 

post #29191 of 29292 Old 01-26-2014, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

The posts are not reading with XP and IE8/Chrome either. I think it might be just this thread.

This is nuts,I have Win 7 so i'm gonna try posting again. Does anyone know how I can downgrade from firmware 1.2.21 to 1.2.13 without losing recorded programs,I have the cablecard & keep getting the pink error screen 'channel not in lineup' message when attempting to record,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29192 of 29292 Old 01-26-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dove View Post

This is nuts,I have Win 7 so i'm gonna try posting again. Does anyone know how I can downgrade from firmware 1.2.21 to 1.2.13 without losing recorded programs,I have the cablecard & keep getting the pink error screen 'channel not in lineup' message when attempting to record,

I left a message in the thread you started. I don't know where the .13 firmware is located. I do know you will NOT lose programs.

http://www.spiffspace.com/forum/index.php

post #29193 of 29292 Old 01-26-2014, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I left a message in the thread you started. I don't know where the .13 firmware is located. I do know you will NOT lose programs.

http://www.spiffspace.com/forum/index.php

I think you miss understood my question,I have the different firmware versions on usb drives,I'm seeking a way to delete the .21 firmware from my DHG without losing my recordings.

post #29194 of 29292 Old 01-26-2014, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think you miss understood my question,I have the different firmware versions on usb drives,I'm seeking a way to delete the .21 firmware from my DHG without losing my recordings.

You load the .13 firmware.

post #29195 of 29292 Old 01-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:

The posts are not reading with XP and IE8/Chrome either. I think it might be just this thread.
And we haven't even reach 1000 pages yet !!! biggrin.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

normal on a two month old set..
post #29196 of 29292 Old 01-26-2014, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

And we haven't even reach 1000 pages yet !!! biggrin.gif

I go by post count. I was hoping to hit 30k. These still sell on eBay, so there's a chance.

post #29197 of 29292 Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Does anyone know how I can downgrade from firmware 1.2.21 to 1.2.13 without losing recorded programs,I have the cablecard & keep getting the pink error screen 'channel not in lineup' message when attempting to record,

I noticed there was extra HTML / CSS code in the original post that is probably causing the viewing problems:

div style="display:block;visibility:hidden;"

If you are pasting text from another editor, that could be the cause.

- Kerry

p.s. And yes, you should downgrade to .13 like many of us did. No recordings were lost.

TiVo Premiere w/2TB internal upgrade and Lifetime Service. Sony DHG-HDD250 retired in 6/13: CableCARD, 1.2.13 firmware, reset weekday & time as needed with 147412356 code. (further time adjustments by the "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
")
post #29198 of 29292 Old 01-27-2014, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not a happy camper. I had TWO resets over the weekend.

Reset#1: I got home, the DVR is recording with the red light on. I push the power button at the unit itself when I likewise turn on the TV, as I do every night. Except that night, the unit doesn't respond. I think "Oh, I didn't push it hard enough" and try again. No response. I wait five minutes. I try the power button on the unit again. No response. I wait another 15 mins, and try again. Bam - instant power off and reset.

Reset#2: DVR tuner is on while TV is on while cooking lunch. No one is even in the room, we're in the kitchen. Suddenly, all by itself, the unit resets itself.

I can tell I'm losing faith since I didn't bother to re-time all my recordings after the first reset.

I am re-programming all my schedule again tonight. If the DVR resets itself again this week, I can tell I'm already short of patience, where I'll have to start looking for another solution. I still have my early-adopter high-end HDTV RPTV Pioneer Elite that only has component inputs (no HDMI) that I feel has a picture that still competes favorably with current LCD sets. I might have to look at HTPCs with a component out as my next option if these errant DHG resets continue.

All I can think of in recent changes, is that last week I performed a scan-from-antenna to grab some new movie stations that suddenly appeared recently on my other TVs. To see the channels, I had to edit the TVGOS line up and turn the channel on. I wonder if this new scan has the DVR in a panic to look for TVGOS info, even though my zip code was/is set to 00000.

Or perhaps a reformatting of the hard disks is in order. I still have some old recordings with titles from back when before the TVGOS data stopped.

My DVR really has no reason to continually get so confused. My DVR's early-onset dementia is starting to settle in?
post #29199 of 29292 Old 01-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleskier View Post

...... I still have my early-adopter high-end HDTV RPTV Pioneer Elite that only has component inputs (no HDMI) that I feel has a picture that still competes favorably with current LCD sets . . .

The TiVo Premiers have Component outputs as well as HDMI. Just in case you consider taking a step to the Dark Side . . . wink.gif

My early-adopter Mits also has Component but no HDMI. And it cost me over $6k in 2002 . . . eek.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider

normal on a two month old set..
post #29200 of 29292 Old 01-27-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:

My DVR's early-onset dementia is starting to settle in?

I don't think you can really call it "early" onset anymore. It's been running on fumes for almost a year since TVGoS ended, so anyone who can still eke out semi-useful functionality from a DHG in 2014 is using borrowed time, at best.
post #29201 of 29292 Old 01-27-2014, 11:17 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I don't think you can really call it "early" onset anymore. It's been running on fumes for almost a year since TVGoS ended, so anyone who can still eke out semi-useful functionality from a DHG in 2014 is using borrowed time, at best.

Anybody checked out the new CM-7500?
post #29202 of 29292 Old 01-28-2014, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpottberg View Post

I'm not going to fall for this again. rolleyes.gif

"Availability of guide data is not controlled by Channel Master and is subject to change without notice."
post #29203 of 29292 Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpottberg View Post

A very active thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/0_50

But, like was posted, its guide comes from Rovi, and it still has some bugs to get fixed. But what new product doesn't?

post #29204 of 29292 Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:

Not a happy camper. I had TWO resets over the weekend.

Or perhaps a reformatting of the hard disks is in order. I still have some old recordings with titles from back when before the TVGOS data stopped.

If I were you, I would first try to preserve the recordings by using the most destructive resets which don't wipe the hard disks. ("Clear NVM", and/or 653274147) If necessary, reload .13, and perform a warm reset (147412356) so the date doesn't return January 1st with every reboot. Doing all that increased the stability of my DHG remarkably without losing any previously-recorded programs. I did lose the FP clock, but that is much less important than having a reliable DVR.

- Kerry

TiVo Premiere w/2TB internal upgrade and Lifetime Service. Sony DHG-HDD250 retired in 6/13: CableCARD, 1.2.13 firmware, reset weekday & time as needed with 147412356 code. (further time adjustments by the "
")
post #29205 of 29292 Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryNY View Post

If I were you, I would first try to preserve the recordings by using the most destructive resets which don't wipe the hard disks. ("Clear NVM", and/or 653274147) If necessary, reload .13, and perform a warm reset (147412356) so the date doesn't return January 1st with every reboot. Doing all that increased the stability of my DHG remarkably without losing any previously-recorded programs. I did lose the FP clock, but that is much less important than having a reliable DVR.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind as a Plan B when the next reset happens and I feel like stopping the insanity. I like having the same numerical current date (even if a day behind) and would like to keep it (versus 1/1/2001 or whatever it is after full/partial reset).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

My early-adopter Mits also has Component but no HDMI. And it cost me over $6k in 2002 . . . eek.gif

I think I paid around $7500 in 2000, just going by memory. Funny you mention this, earlier today in the mail, I noticed an ad for a 60" LCD for $750 - and thought "wow - that's a tenth of what I paid." The new LCD probably uses about a tenth the 600W power too. By not upgrading, I'm probably spending more in power each two years than a new set costs. Guess I'm too much of a "if it ain't broke..." New Englander, honoring a device that's still serving me well and still looks sharp.
post #29206 of 29292 Old 02-03-2014, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Still using one as a CableCard box, saving the $9 per month fee for my cable co. We don't record off that box but still find the buffer (pushed up to the max 90 mins) very useful.

The other DHG is being used in an office to watch the unencrypted QAM on an older SD only set (but with RGB inputs), again saving the $9 per month. (My cable system went encrypted, forcing you to rent a box to watch the signals you already paid for, but broadcast only is still open....I can also use my OTA through the DHG for this, but the QAM feed has a few local channels that don't make it to my antenna well)

I have moved on to TiVos for two other sets, and do all my recording there, with a total four tuners.

I'm pleased with the Tivo service and the internet listings which are more accurate than the DHG listings were,

Overall, the DHG units are still working OK, and the SD set (an end of era Trinitron, built 2006) looks fantastic with the downconverted HD signals.

It is still a great tuner for OTA or unencrypted QAM, and is worthwhile as a tuner box for a cablecard. When it finally pukes, I'll worry about it, but I'm going on eight years of steady use.

In Vienna we sit, in late night cafe. Straight Connection, on T.E.E.
post #29207 of 29292 Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Correct. Wednesday night is "reset night" to get Thursday set to 1/1/2004. Too bad January 1st does not fall on a Thursday in 2014. (it does in 2015, though)

I suggest you try the reset a week early first. Remember, the warm reset didn't work for some people, because they had not yet wiped out FP clock, patches, slicing info or whatever (I forget... it's been a while) I don't know if clearing the NVM did it for me, or the 653274147 system reset. But after doing the more destructive reset, the 147412356 warm reset works well to set the weekday and clock for smooth sailing. wink.gif Trying this a week early gives you time to make it will work.

I'm glad your persistence paid off with the CableCards... that was quite a hassle, though!

- Kerry

Moving right along! This thread is moving kinda slow...eek.gif
So I thought I would update you on my New Year project for the 2 DHG's I now own....wink.gif
I did the reset (Menu,Screen Mode,9012 On TV Guide tab, Reset to factory Default, does not reboot only changes date to 1/01/04)on Wednesday on both DHG's, one at 9PM the other at 10PM.
Long story short on my DHG250 days of the week are correct time is 15 seconds slower than actual, on DHG500 all was good till the new channels in lineup caused the DHG to reboot (I was watching a recorded program and was fast forwarding to remove commercials). Since both DHG's are running right day of week, right month, just 1 numerical day off I/E 11 is 10 for Tuesday I decided to just reboot the 500 and let it run an hour slower, this will keep the timer recordings easier to manage..eek.gif I think it's really neat and less of a hassle to stay with the correct sequence of days for DST...eek.gif
post #29208 of 29292 Old 02-11-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy900 View Post

Moving right along! This thread is moving kinda slow...eek.gif
So I thought I would update you on my New Year project for the 2 DHG's I now own....wink.gif
I did the reset (Menu,Screen Mode,9012 On TV Guide tab, Reset to factory Default, does not reboot only changes date to 1/01/04)on Wednesday on both DHG's, one at 9PM the other at 10PM.
Long story short on my DHG250 days of the week are correct time is 15 seconds slower than actual, on DHG500 all was good till the new channels in lineup caused the DHG to reboot (I was watching a recorded program and was fast forwarding to remove commercials). Since both DHG's are running right day of week, right month, just 1 numerical day off I/E 11 is 10 for Tuesday I decided to just reboot the 500 and let it run an hour slower, this will keep the timer recordings easier to manage..eek.gif I think it's really neat and less of a hassle to stay with the correct sequence of days for DST...eek.gif

Still here too. One DHG on line, one ready and two waiting to recycle. Since you don't have a signature, and you have the best reset/clock set method, could you add a pointer to the "izzy method" as your signature?

post #29209 of 29292 Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:

Still here too. One DHG on line, one ready and two waiting to recycle. Since you don't have a signature, and you have the best reset/clock set method, could you add a pointer to the "izzy method" as your signature?

I did reference post 26312 link follows...biggrin.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/537711/sony-dhg-hdd250-500-official-thread/26300_50
post #29210 of 29292 Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:

Since you don't have a signature, and you have the best reset/clock set method, could you add a pointer to the "izzy method" as your signature?

Since it is still not in Izzy's signature, I tagged it to the end of mine. smile.gif
Not that I expect to make very many more posts in this thread, but at least the link will be visible when viewing various old pages which contain a post from me.

- Kerry

")
post #29211 of 29292 Old 02-13-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:

Since it is still not in Izzy's signature, I tagged it to the end of mine. smile.gif
Not that I expect to make very many more posts in this thread, but at least the link will be visible when viewing various old pages which contain a post from me.

- Kerry

Thanks for the tag friend...wink.gif
I was mulling over the fact that my link to my post 26312 actually leads to the page before my post if you are not logged in to this forum, really weird..eek.gif
post #29212 of 29292 Old 02-13-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy900 View Post

Thanks for the tag friend...wink.gif
I was mulling over the fact that my link to my post 26312 actually leads to the page before my post if you are not logged in to this forum, really weird..eek.gif

On the bright side, you can search for "izzy method" and get an answer. I wonder how Huddle missed breaking that.

KerryNY likes this.
post #29213 of 29292 Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM

Liked: 65
We're still here too, back in the Frozen North after 2 months in northern FL.

The primary DHG is still here, still 2 weeks behind and next month it will be 1 year since employing the Izzy method. No freeze-ups or restarts since and only minor clock drift.

But we don't use it much for scheduled recording anymore. When our TiVo series 3 went bad in Florida, TiVo allowed us to transfer the lifetime service to a new Premiere under their exchange program. The DHG is only turned on when all tuners on the TiVo are busy, which is not very often.

I'm not even concerned about the clock anymore. I used the on-line calculator for about a week in FL and didn't miss a show. In the unlikely event I need to do an unattended recording on the DHG, I'll probably use the calculator with or without an accurate day and time.

So like Kerry I don't have much interesting to post these days, but this has been fun and I will always appreciate how helpful all of you have been.

Size matters not ...
post #29214 of 29292 Old 04-27-2014, 11:07 AM

Does anyone here get a message stating:

Recording stopped

Recording not permitted by service provider.

on the DHG through your cable service?

SlotKar
post #29215 of 29292 Old 04-29-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotkar View Post

Recording stopped

I only saw something like that when the cable company gave me the wrong cablecard back 2006. Their customer support said that (at that time), they were not intentionally blocking recording of any of my channels.

Do you have a cablecard? I imagine that a change in channel line-up might have caused a problem; especially if someone made a mistake in the rights management settings.

- Kerry

")
post #29216 of 29292 Old 04-29-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Recording stopped

Quote:

I only saw something like that when the cable company gave me the wrong cablecard back 2006. Their customer support said that (at that time), they were not intentionally blocking recording of any of my channels.

Do you have a cablecard? I imagine that a change in channel line-up might have caused a problem; especially if someone made a mistake in the rights management settings.

- Kerry

There is a CableCARD on both of the DHG's. Currently it's the only way to get cable TV service since every channel is encrypted. There has been no change in the cable subscription service. The programs scheduled for recording are part of the subscription channels. The message is not consistent and surprisingly it happens on local TV channels (News, PBS and etc).

SlotKar
post #29217 of 29292 Old 04-29-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:

There is a CableCARD on both of the DHG's. Currently it's the only way to get cable TV service since every channel is encrypted. There has been no change in the cable subscription service. The programs scheduled for recording are part of the subscription channels. The message is not consistent and surprisingly it happens on local TV channels (News, PBS and etc).

Oh, I still receive channel line-up changes to my cablecard every few weeks, even though I never change my subscription package. A large portion of my DHG crashes occurred right after the cablecard updates, too. Maybe some bad data was downloaded to your card (in which case it might fix itself during the next update), or your card might be damaged and just need to be replaced. It's up to you to decide how long the "wait and see" period should be before calling the cable company, but I think the card is causing the problem, and not the DHG itself.

(can you switch the cards between the two DHGs to test? Or do you want to avoid rebooting?)

- Kerry

")
post #29218 of 29292 Old 04-29-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, I still receive channel line-up changes to my cablecard every few weeks, even though I never change my subscription package. A large portion of my DHG crashes occurred right after the cablecard updates, too. Maybe some bad data was downloaded to your card (in which case it might fix itself during the next update), or your card might be damaged and just need to be replaced. It's up to you to decide how long the "wait and see" period should be before calling the cable company, but I think the card is causing the problem, and not the DHG itself.

(can you switch the cards between the two DHGs to test? Or do you want to avoid rebooting?)

- Kerry

This message happens with both DHG's. The cable provider has been contacted and they claim that the reason a recording can't be made because the programs are copyrighted and can be transferred to a DVD. They can't explain why it doesn't happen all of the time. As we know the DHG can't transfer (copy) content to any device.

SlotKar
post #29219 of 29292 Old 04-29-2014, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
As we know the DHG can't transfer (copy) content to any device.[/quote] YES IT CAN

MickinCT
post #29220 of 29292 Old 04-29-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickinct View Post

As we know the DHG can't transfer (copy) content to any device.
YES IT CAN[/quote]

I think he meant digitally

- Kerry

")
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv
Gear in this thread - m401i-a3 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page