Sony DHG-HDD250/500: Official Thread - Page 977 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #29281 of 29287 Old 09-14-2014, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To me it's amazing these Sonys still function, considering the hard drives are 10 years old, and run continuously as long as the machine is plugged in. My HDD500 locks up frequently, much more than the HDD250, making me use it much less than I used to. The date is off by about 10 months, I still don't understand where the clock data comes from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29282 of 29287 Old 09-16-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I'm not amazed, just happy. I have one unit that run and records 1 to 3 programs weekly. All the heavy lifting is done by a pair of TiVos.

Time & date were part of the Rovi data stream and were sent every 15 seconds on an analog feed. More info was needed for the display of correct timezone and that was sent about daily. My unit has not locked up since I went to 00000 zipcode. I have an accurate time because I program it twice a year with VHS tapes. It's still just a hobby.
post #29283 of 29287 Old 09-17-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I'm not amazed, just happy. I have one unit that run and records 1 to 3 programs weekly. All the heavy lifting is done by a pair of TiVos.

Time & date were part of the Rovi data stream and were sent every 15 seconds on an analog feed. More info was needed for the display of correct timezone and that was sent about daily. My unit has not locked up since I went to 00000 zipcode. I have an accurate time because I program it twice a year with VHS tapes. It's still just a hobby.

Umm.... I think every DHG owner just about knows where the data used to come from, I'm talking about now, with no Rovi or TV Guide. I always have a front panel clock, it's only connected to OTA. No cable card, QAM or analog signal
post #29284 of 29287 Old 09-18-2014, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecass View Post
Umm.... I think every DHG owner just about knows where the data used to come from, I'm talking about now, with no Rovi or TV Guide. I always have a front panel clock, it's only connected to OTA. No cable card, QAM or analog signal
Does your clock have the correct time and date? If it does, then there must be a left over inserter still connected at one of your TV stations. I believe that there were a couple still around (North Carolina, and the San Diego area if I recall), but those reports were over a year ago.

If your time is off, then there is no clock data and the clock is just drifting. Without the clock data, the Sony's clock runs on its own, but there is no clock signal for it to sync to.
post #29285 of 29287 Old 09-18-2014, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
In addition to what Mark said, the FP clock needs the "internals" correct before is shows anything. If you haven't done a reset the FP clock will mimic the internal time. Once you lose the FP clock, it's a crap shoot whether it ever comes back. When I set the time I have to be quick to avoid changing the DST switch packet, which is set to 2012 now.
post #29286 of 29287 Old 09-18-2014, 06:47 AM

The time and date have never been correct since the demise of Rovi/TV Guide. This is what puzzles me. Especially when the machine freezes, has to be unplugged, the time changes but the clock on the front panel
reappears. My Sonys still think it's 2013.
post #29287 of 29287 Old 09-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

The time and date have never been correct since the demise of Rovi/TV Guide.

To increase the stability of the unit, you can clear-out the TVGOS patches with a special coded reset. This will 'forever' get rid of the FP Clock.

Or, you could set the zip code to 00000 in the Guide Setup.

- Pj
2013 Vizio M-Series M401i-A3 (40-inch) TV. The Latest Firmware I have: V1.34.44.0080. The M401i-A3 Thread. My Latest Settings (For the A3 Panel).
The Vizio M-Series Razor Thread covers all Models 2013 & 2014. I have a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
connected to a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to the Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local Cable to RF-In. Using: Win7 Pro and FireFox 32.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv
Gear in this thread - m401i-a3 by PriceGrabber.com