Originally Posted by SneakyPete
"The new Phase III 6412 does have the 30 second skip."
Didn't realize I have this functionality on my phase III unit (firmware 12.18). What button activates this on the remote?
How to program the remote for 30, 60, 90, 120 (and
more) Second Skip
Create a 30 second skip using the following
1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote
to put it into
Cable Box control mode.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the
"Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will
4) Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button
5) Type in the code 00173 for 30 second Skip.
6) Press whatever button you want to map the skip
Next, you create a macro using your new 30 second
1) Press and hold down the "Setup" button until the
light blinks twice.
2) Press 995.
3) Press the key you want to assign the X second
4) Press the button that you have used for the 30
second skip x times.
(2 times for 60 seconds, 3 times for 90 seconds, and
5) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the light
blinks twice to
X = 30, 60, 90, 180, etc.
How to program the remote to control the mute on the
cable box instead of the tv.
1. Press the cable button
2. Press and hold setup until it blinks twice then
3. Press 994
4. Press setup and release
5. Press 00141
6. Press the mute button
Clear the Memory & HD
1. DCT6412 should be turned on
2. Press Cable, Power off, ok/Select, to bring up the
3. With diagnostics page showing press Replay (15-sec
rewind), DVR, DVR, DVR, Live.
4. 6412 now should show "Clr" in the LED display.
5. Press ok/Select to proceed with the reset (and
presumably Exit to cancel).
6. The 6412 should now reset and download Your account
settings & Guide data from the Local headend."