Recording to PC from a SA 8300HD via Firewire - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 474 Old 03-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if this is just for "free" methods, but I received a copy of Adobe Elements 4.0, and then I DVR'd a UF basketball game for a few minutes while it was playing. Then, I went back, plugged in the firewire cable, and opened the program. I went straight to the "record" function, hit play on the DVR'd game footage, and hit Record in Elements, and it recorded the game, PERFECTLY! It took a long time to convert and whatever it did, but the end result was a perfect picture, with no sound problems, and it looked just like the game did on my SetTopBox.

I think I found all I needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 474 Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1 View Post

Was this on a PC or Mac please!?

xnappo
post #363 of 474 Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure if this is just for "free" methods, but I received a copy of Adobe Elements 4.0, and then I DVR'd a UF basketball game for a few minutes while it was playing. Then, I went back, plugged in the firewire cable, and opened the program. I went straight to the "record" function, hit play on the DVR'd game footage, and hit Record in Elements, and it recorded the game, PERFECTLY! It took a long time to convert and whatever it did, but the end result was a perfect picture, with no sound problems, and it looked just like the game did on my SetTopBox.

Did you change your setup ever since you encountered all the problems transferring video via the firewire?
post #364 of 474 Old 03-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV Freak View Post

Did you change your setup ever since you encountered all the problems transferring video via the firewire?

This was on a PC...Media Edition. I did all the other steps in this thread in order for the PC to "identify" the SA 8300HD. I've tried VLC, and DVHS, to no avail.

I did not change any type of setup that I'm aware of, and I've probably destroyed some things on my computer in the process, but I was able to record without any problems. On the Elements program video playback of the game, it looked terrible.....like half the screen was pixelated, and the other was fine...but when I went into the file I saved it in, and played with Showtime (Nero) or better yet, with RealPlayer....It looked great.

I kid you not....the picture looked exactly like it did on the TV...in HD. I believe the game was on CBSHD, so I'm not sure how well it will do on another channel.

I could try to record a movie, to see how it works, say...from HBO or something. I'm really trying to get this to work for football games in HD.

I am not computer literate, but I'm highly interested in this stuff, so be patient if I don't answer you the way you'd like. Coax me through what you want to know, and I'll try my best to answer.

Thanks.
post #365 of 474 Old 03-18-2008, 08:55 PM

Hi. I have had the 8300HD for years now, and I always dump my favorite documentaries to my computer and convert them to MPEG2 to put on DVDs and H264 MPEG4s for iPod/iPhone to watch between classes.
While History Channel, A&E, etc etc standard def 480i's were always open to save and convert ever since I started saving stuff to DVD and iTunes in like '01/'02, the HD versions are now copy protected sometimes. The EMI is always "copy once" like the HBO and pay stations. ScienceHD is always open, but History and A&E seem to usually be "copy once". There's a number of documentaries that have full HD versions that I'd really like to save to DVD (HD channels downconvert to DVD with settings I'll email to anyone that wants them in Compressor3 so well that they're almost indistinguishable from the HD original on my 42" tv in my room, and I'm EXTREMELY anal), and I was curious WHY Brighthouse Networks in Orlando was copy protecting standard programming like A&E. I'd also like to know how to defeat that protection and save/convert the stuff that I should normally be able to save/convert. Is there anyone I could PM that works for Brighthouse that could give me an answer to this...or has anyone here figured out how to allow a codec change? (specifically to one of the only 2 useful codecs...H264 and MPEG2)
Even Universal HD allows completely free copying of their movies, and virtually all other HD specialty stations. So this is kind of vexing.

Thanks much everyone,
Alex
post #366 of 474 Old 03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Is it photoshop elements that you are talking about or something else.

What file format does it record to? Does it remain a .ts transport stream or is it a .wmv, etc?
post #367 of 474 Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 PM

I tried Elements 4.0 out and it would initially crash everytime I launched it. I narrowed it down to the STB drivers. If those were disabled, the program would launch, but of course I couldn't record anything because my STB was N/A. Oh well, back to the Mac method.
post #368 of 474 Old 03-24-2008, 03:07 PM

I tried Elements 4 too. Got the same result as mullet34.

Michel
post #369 of 474 Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-mtl View Post

I tried Elements 4 too. Got the same result as mullet34.

Same here.

xnappo
post #370 of 474 Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 PM

Nobody has really answered my question but for those of you who are able to record do you sometimes get flickers in the screen and twitches. Sometimes it will only happen for a split second but other times it will go on for like 2 seconds. Its rather annoying and its preventing me from making perfect rips. I've run the files through mpeg2repair but the glitches in the video are still visible.

Here's an example of what the glitch in the video looks like

Its really annoying and I'm wondering if its TSReader's fault or its the actual dvr.
post #371 of 474 Old 03-29-2008, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post

Its really annoying and I'm wondering if its TSReader's fault or its the actual dvr.

It is Microsoft's bad FireWire driver from what I can tell. Apparently it works fine on a Mac.

xnappo
post #372 of 474 Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

It is Microsoft's bad FireWire driver from what I can tell. Apparently it works fine on a Mac.

xnappo

Is there a good app that I could use for linux possibly?
post #373 of 474 Old 04-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybean View Post

I got my girlfriend a MacBook for Christmas and the other night finally had a chance to try recording some content. I only tried recording for a few minutes, but so far so good. I'm so thankful for this thread letting me know this was possible.

This sounds great. Will it transfer the Dolby Digital soundtrack properly too? I don't mind doing it the multi-step way (convert m2t to some intermediate format, then burn to DVD), but that leaves a stereo soundtrack. If I can get the 5.1 soundtrack without hassle, it'll easily be worth paying for VisualHub.

You can actually convert the .M2T file to MPEG on a PC using videoredo plus. The process takes about 20 minutes for a 2 hour show. It will retain the 5.1 audio. You can then feed the resulting file directly to nerovision express. I do this all the time and it works great. In nerovision express you can even create your own menu and chapter points. Videoredo plus is not free but not very expensive either. www.videoredo.com

For those of you on a PC videoredo will work on .ts files. Its a fantastic easy to use editor to get rid of those commercials. and it fixes broken streams.

I myself convert the HD stream in HD divx at a resolution of 1280x720 using the high defination profile. If you do a 2 pass encode setting your bitrate to 3500bps you will not be able to tell the difference between the original HD stream and the DIVX file. But a word of caution. Its fine if you want to play it on your PC but there are not many dvd players or settop media players that can play this format. The 2 that I know of are the buffalo linktheater (discontinued) and the MVIX media player. They are just now coming out with media players that play H.264.

8300HD
sara 1.89.17.1
WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB SATA 3.0Gb/s
APRICORN EZ-BUS-DTS-EKIT Enclosure
post #374 of 474 Old 04-02-2008, 02:04 PM

for the guy who got the macbook...the m2t files open with MPEG Streamclip where you can "cut" the commercials and/or "trim" the length, then "save as" to a .TS file...this is the full 1080i or 720p file with the AC3 track intact.
Handbrake can then open that and convert it to the required format.
Skip any PC nonsense, going into bootcamp to install trojan-filled codecs to run buggy programs on a 32-bit OS (many with 32-bit file size limitations that causes errors instead of displaying their inability to do so) is a waste.
Handbrake is effortless, and also rather feature-filled if you want to find-tune the output. MPEG Streamclip is really stable. The only times I've had it freeze up are when I had an overwhelming amount of data-breaks in the m2t file ("overwhelming" on any c2d mac is a lot more than "overwhelming" on the same c2d pc, in my experience...i have both a pc and a mac to work on...and my 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram macbook pro encodes faster than my 2.8ghz 4gb ram vista x64 pc)
post #375 of 474 Old 04-03-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbd90 View Post

Is it photoshop elements that you are talking about or something else.

What file format does it record to? Does it remain a .ts transport stream or is it a .wmv, etc?

Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0 and I can't remember what it saves as, but you can convert it immediately to mpeg (.mpg) in the program.

I wish I could show you the video, but I'm not sure how to upload it for you to see.

Here are some screenshots of my converted game using the program.....it's as clear as the game was on TV, and was 720p...full widescreen.....

These are smaller than the actual picture, so they may look a little distorted, but I had no pixelations, and it was the best, pure picture I've seen yet, out of all I've read on here and tried.
post #376 of 474 Old 04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0 and I can't remember what it saves as, but you can convert it immediately to mpeg (.mpg) in the program.

I wish I could show you the video, but I'm not sure how to upload it for you to see.

Here are some screenshots of my converted game using the program.....it's as clear as the game was on TV, and was 720p...full widescreen.....

These are smaller than the actual picture, so they may look a little distorted, but I had no pixelations, and it was the best, pure picture I've seen yet, out of all I've read on here and tried.

Argh. Can you go through your exact install procedure including drivers? Myself and a couple of others tried this and Elements crashes as soon as you try to capture.

Thanks,
xnappo
post #377 of 474 Old 04-04-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

Argh. Can you go through your exact install procedure including drivers?

I'd be really grateful if you could post your entire setup process for us as well. I just came across this thread as I'm amassing episodes of a TV series onto my DVR that I'd like to put on DVD. After reading through all of the pages and coming across your success with Adobe Premier Elements (which sounds like it may be the easiest tool to use out of any of those mentioned thus far!), I'm hoping this may finally be a reliable solution for ripping recorded programs off our 8300's. When you find some free time could you please give us the procedure?
post #378 of 474 Old 04-04-2008, 03:30 PM

Same here. It would be very nice of you. TIA

Michel
post #379 of 474 Old 04-04-2008, 10:58 PM

Is it normal to be able to cap only SD and not HD?

I have the SA8300HD and I followed the instructions in this thread.

I use CapDVHS and I can capture SD without problem. But whenever I try any HD channels the program just freezes and I get nothing.

Is this normal? Anyone have this kind of experience?

Thanks!
post #380 of 474 Old 04-06-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolGuy View Post

Is it normal to be able to cap only SD and not HD?

I have the SA8300HD and I followed the instructions in this thread.

I use CapDVHS and I can capture SD without problem. But whenever I try any HD channels the program just freezes and I get nothing.

Is this normal? Anyone have this kind of experience?

Thanks!

Are you talking about recording live tv or video youre playing back that was already recorded by the dvr?
post #381 of 474 Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 PM

^Hi Robby23,

Thanks for replying to me.

Well, I only tried it with Live TV.

Should I try it with a recorded show? What would be the difference?

I can cap SD live tv and also SD recorded tv. That works fine, without any problem at all.

Thanks!
post #382 of 474 Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM

^Update to that post above:

Well, I now tried it also with a recorded show and the same thing happened.

It's strange though because I can cap SD just fine. Both from live TV and recorded TV.

But anytime I try capping HD, my PC freezes...

Even attempting to play HDTV through VLC freezes the PC. I never see any picture or hear any audio. It just instantly freezes once I hit the play button.
post #383 of 474 Old 04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Don't feel too bad....I get instant freezes with SA8300HD Firewire to D-VHS....HD, but not SD,
whether under old Passport Echo or new Navigator operation system.

And "live" SD recordings are unreliable...
post #384 of 474 Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 PM

^Yeah this sucks... why is it happening? Doesn't make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holl_ands View Post

What do you mean by that?
post #385 of 474 Old 04-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Alex,
Whatever you do dont let them take your 8300HD and replace it with the 8300HDC, the firewire ports on the 8300HDC are not enabled per Brighthouse in Central Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnuf81 View Post

Hi. I have had the 8300HD for years now, and I always dump my favorite documentaries to my computer and convert them to MPEG2 to put on DVDs and H264 MPEG4s for iPod/iPhone to watch between classes.
While History Channel, A&E, etc etc standard def 480i's were always open to save and convert ever since I started saving stuff to DVD and iTunes in like '01/'02, the HD versions are now copy protected sometimes. The EMI is always "copy once" like the HBO and pay stations. ScienceHD is always open, but History and A&E seem to usually be "copy once". There's a number of documentaries that have full HD versions that I'd really like to save to DVD (HD channels downconvert to DVD with settings I'll email to anyone that wants them in Compressor3 so well that they're almost indistinguishable from the HD original on my 42" tv in my room, and I'm EXTREMELY anal), and I was curious WHY Brighthouse Networks in Orlando was copy protecting standard programming like A&E. I'd also like to know how to defeat that protection and save/convert the stuff that I should normally be able to save/convert. Is there anyone I could PM that works for Brighthouse that could give me an answer to this...or has anyone here figured out how to allow a codec change? (specifically to one of the only 2 useful codecs...H264 and MPEG2)
Even Universal HD allows completely free copying of their movies, and virtually all other HD specialty stations. So this is kind of vexing.

Thanks much everyone,
Alex

post #386 of 474 Old 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolGuy View Post

^Yeah this sucks... why is it happening? Doesn't make sense...

Quote:

What do you mean by that?

It means SD programs break up while watching LIVE via Firewire I/F to DVHS.

Which guarantees SD program LIVE recordings on DVHS also have frequent dropouts.

I haven't had a chance to try playing back SD/HD recordings from DVR to DVHS....
post #387 of 474 Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Can someone with with a working VLC setup please do the following and post the results here? I cannot get any output from VLC. It shows that there's data coming in, but it doesn't seem to know what to do with it. At this point I think I need to find the proper 'demuxer' for it to use.

1. Open VLC
2. Click 'View' > 'Messages...' (or ctrl-M)
3. Clear the message window.
4. Open the SA8300 the way you normally do.
5. Let it play for a second.
6. Stop the video.
7. Copy/Paste the text in the message box here (or send me a PM).

Here's what I get in the messages when it tries to play:

main debug: using access2 module "dshow"
main debug: pre buffering
main debug: received first data for our buffer
main debug: prebuffering done 48128 bytes in 0s - 505 kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='dshow' demux='' path=''
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 45 candidates
ts warning: TS module discarded (lost sync)
ffmpeg debug: couldn't guess format
ps warning: this does not look like an MPEG PS stream, continuing anyway
main debug: using demux2 module "ps"
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\
dshow warning: unimplemented query in control
main debug: `dshow://' successfully opened
ps warning: garbage at input, trying to resync...
post #388 of 474 Old 04-09-2008, 11:51 PM

@Koolguy

Try recording with TSReader. I can record any program just fine except some stations I can't record prerecorded shows like CBSHD. Thats the only station I've come accross that I was unable to record but I still get constant loss of packets.

Quote:

It means SD programs break up while watching LIVE via Firewire I/F to DVHS.

Which guarantees SD program LIVE recordings on DVHS also have frequent dropouts.

I haven't had a chance to try playing back SD/HD recordings from DVR to DVHS....

I'm only able to record prerecorded shows and when I try I get tons of drops. When I asked this about half a page up I was told it was due to windows firewire drivers. Is there a way to prevent this and if it is due to windows drivers do you know of a good program to use in linux specifically ubuntu?

The errors that show up in mpeg2repair are as follows:

Code:
MPEG2Repair: C:\\Documents and Settings\\Robby\\Desktop\\1.mpg

Sequence Frame 167(0-B) / Time 0:00:05 :
Info: End of MPEG2 sequence

Sequence Summary:

File Size Processed: 2.66 MB, Play Time: 00h:00m:05s
544 x 480, 29.97 fps, 15.00 Mbps (3.50 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 13.77 KB/Frame, 0.43 Bits/Pixel.
AC3 Audio: 2/0 Channels (L, R), 48.0 kHz, 192 kbps.
Dialog Normalization: -24.0 dB
0 of 167 video frames found with errors.
0 of 168 audio frames found with errors.
0 corrupted video bytes in file.
0.000000 seconds of video timestamp gaps.
0.000000 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

Sequence Frame 4571(23-P) / Time 0:02:38 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (15+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 63440976
Additional error(s) detected.  Increase VerboseLogLevel in INI file for details.
FileInfo: Last video errors span 350 bytes at file offset 63440596

Sequence Frame 4572(26-P) / Time 0:02:38 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (6+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 63443796
Additional error(s) detected.  Increase VerboseLogLevel in INI file for details.
AudioWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.064000 sec. ending at file offset 63437488

Sequence Frame 4575(29-P) / Time 0:02:38 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (1+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 63489104
FileInfo: Last video errors span 408 bytes at file offset 63488894

Sequence Frame 4608(28-B) / Time 0:02:39 :
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 2.  Timestamp gap of 0.066733 sec. ending at file offset 63428771

Sequence Frame 19806(17-P) / Time 0:11:06 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (13+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 265694760
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (5+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 265694948
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (14+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 265695512
FileInfo: Last video errors span 4528 bytes at file offset 265694568

Sequence Frame 19807(21-P) / Time 0:11:06 :
AudioError: Corrupted AC3 frame of 1382 payload bytes at file offset 265682624
AudioWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.064000 sec. ending at file offset 265682624

Sequence Frame 19809(23-P) / Time 0:11:06 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (1+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 265742888
FileInfo: Last video errors span 354 bytes at file offset 265742720

Sequence Frame 19845(23-P) / Time 0:11:07 :
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 3.  Timestamp gap of 0.100100 sec. ending at file offset 265700191

Sequence Frame 23016(13-P) / Time 0:13:03 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (9+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 312152192
FileInfo: Last video errors span 15 bytes at file offset 312151989

Sequence Frame 23017(19-P) / Time 0:13:03 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (4+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 312156704

Sequence Frame 23020(22-P) / Time 0:13:03 :
AudioWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.032000 sec. ending at file offset 312206672

Sequence Frame 23067(37-P) / Time 0:13:05 :
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 2.  Timestamp gap of 0.083411 sec. ending at file offset 312126342
VideoWarning: Unexpected TFF/RFF flag change in previous GOP.
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 3.  Timestamp gap of 0.116789 sec. ending at file offset 312182080

Sequence Frame 29154(16-B) / Time 0:16:33 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (12+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 395784744
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (15+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 395784932
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (2+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 395786812
FileInfo: Last video errors span 741 bytes at file offset 395784584

Sequence Frame 29157(21-P) / Time 0:16:33 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (1+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 395833060
FileInfo: Last video errors span 44 bytes at file offset 395832850

Sequence Frame 29158(22-P) / Time 0:16:33 :
AudioWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.032000 sec. ending at file offset 395826252

Sequence Frame 29208(40-B) / Time 0:16:35 :
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 1.  Timestamp gap of 0.033367 sec. ending at file offset 395818898

Sequence Frame 39819(2-I) / Time 0:22:30 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (2+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 537517004
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (15+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 537517192
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (4+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 537517380
FileInfo: Last video errors span 8869 bytes at file offset 537516733

Sequence Frame 39820(8-P) / Time 0:22:30 :
AudioError: Corrupted AC3 frame of 1102 payload bytes at file offset 537504336
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (1+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 537564944
AudioWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.128000 sec. ending at file offset 537554752
FileInfo: Last video errors span 25 bytes at file offset 537564735

Sequence Frame 39845(30-P) / Time 0:22:31 :
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 1014.  Timestamp gap of 0.083411 sec. ending at file offset 537498407

Sequence Frame 39874(28-P) / Time 0:22:32 :
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 3.  Timestamp gap of 0.116789 sec. ending at file offset 537565015

Sequence Frame 70720(0-B) / Time 0:40:03 :

Sequence Summary:

File Size Processed: 914.15 MB, Play Time: 00h:40m:02s
544 x 480, 29.97 fps, 15.00 Mbps (2.80 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 11.63 KB/Frame, 0.36 Bits/Pixel.
Dialog Normalization: -27.0 dB
9 of 70720 video frames found with errors.
5 of 75085 audio frames found with errors.
29457 corrupted video bytes in file.
0.600600 seconds of video timestamp gaps.
0.320000 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

Sequence Frame 14(0-B) / Time 0:40:03 :
AudioWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.032011 sec. ending at file offset 958785860

Sequence Frame 900(0-B) / Time 0:40:33 :

Sequence Summary:

File Size Processed: 927.94 MB, Play Time: 00h:40m:32s
544 x 480, 29.97 fps (0.37 fps Telecine), 15.00 Mbps (2.81 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 927.99 KB/Frame, 29.11 Bits/Pixel.
9 of 900 video frames found with errors.
5 of 76022 audio frames found with errors.
29457 corrupted video bytes in file.
0.600600 seconds of video timestamp gaps.
0.352011 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

Sequence Frame 27305(17-P) / Time 0:55:53 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (12+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 1339124000
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (10+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 1339124188
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (15+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 1339130768
FileInfo: Last video errors span 9594 bytes at file offset 1339123816

Sequence Frame 27307(19-B) / Time 0:55:53 :
AudioError: Corrupted AC3 frame of 1102 payload bytes at file offset 1339105252

Sequence Frame 27309(21-B) / Time 0:55:54 :
VideoWarning: Discontinuity of (1+) packet(s).  First packet ending at offset 1339173256

Sequence Frame 27311(26-P) / Time 0:55:54 :
AudioWarning: Timestamp gap of 0.160000 sec. ending at file offset 1339176976

Sequence Frame 27347(28-B) / Time 0:55:55 :
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 2.  Timestamp gap of 0.066733 sec. ending at file offset 1339114847
VideoWarning: TemporalRef gap of 1.  Timestamp gap of 0.033367 sec. ending at file offset 1339169745

Sequence Frame 36494(5-P) / Time 1:01:09 :
VideoError: Invalid Huffman code in non-intra MPEG2 block. MBA=134(512,48)
FileInfo: Last video errors span 105 bytes at file offset 1464419691

Sequence Frame 36495(5-P) / Time 1:01:09 :

Sequence Summary:

File Size Processed: 1.36 GB, Play Time: 01h:01m:09s
544 x 480, 29.97 fps, 15.00 Mbps (2.81 Mbps Average).
Average Video Quality: 34.44 KB/Frame, 1.08 Bits/Pixel.
11 of 36495 video frames found with errors.
7 of 114659 audio frames found with errors.
39155 corrupted video bytes in file.
0.700700 seconds of video timestamp gaps.
0.512011 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

End of Log
One of the errors specifically the one at 0:11:06 has an output that looks like this:

I went back and checked if the video on the dvr itself was damaged but it wasnt.

If anyone has any idea how to prevent this please help. Thanks
post #389 of 474 Old 04-10-2008, 01:16 PM

Ok I read through the entire thread, but can't seem to find my answer in plain english.

where do I get the drivers for my XP machine to recognize my 8300 box ??

Thanks for the help!

MM
post #390 of 474 Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 PM

Alright gents....

It's a no-go. I tried again with a Law and Order episode, and it had problems. I haven't tried with a longer video, but the Law and Order was only for 5 minutes.

However, I hear of a capture device coming out by Hauppauge, that reads HDMI, and outputs to firewire to the computer in Mpeg-2...I think.

This may be our best option.

Maybe CBS is okay to record, maybe NBC isn't. I followed this thread to the teeth, but added Adobe later. The basketball game footage is perfect, but only about 2.5 minutes. However, there's no way I could tell you my EXACT setup.

I've got Blades of Glory on my DVR (don't ask, my wife recorded it), so I'll try to capture some of it to see if it works. Other than that, I can't tell you any more than what this thread does.

Sorry....
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page