post #541 of 1510 Old 04-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindend View Post

9.32 is 9.31 with a C-COR VOD library that supports the new guide.

If your cable company uses C-COR for VOD, you'd get 9.32 rather than 9.31.

Oh, ya (from C-COR's corporate website, selling to their cableco partners)...

"C-COR's On Demand video solution allows you to tune into a rich new revenue stream ..."

A new way for cablecos to tap into our pocketbook . I hope the service has some decent offerings, like HD VOD.

Quote:
There are no special goodies above and beyond 9.31 in this release if anyone was wondering.

Who around here ever wonders about little things like that??? Thanks for the update, Linden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1510 Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 PM

LIndend

Quote:

What I meant to say was make sure you are at the point where you are watching video and then go into standby.

After you reboot, please go into standby as quickly as possible after seeing video.

[/quote]

O.K. So correct me if I'm wrong. After reboot and in quick standby wait about three minutes and go to diags. and report standby spindowns on page 22 (DVR status)?
post #543 of 1510 Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybub View Post

LAfter reboot and in quick standby wait about three minutes and go to diags. and report standby spindowns on page 22 (DVR status)?[/b]

The sequence is:

1. Reboot
2. Go into standby (after seeing video).
3. Wait ~2 minutes until HDD should spin down.
4. Come out of standby (you should see front panel animation if all is well).
5. Go into diagnostics and capture # of spin downs.

Linden
Pace Americas, Inc. (note the views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Pace).
post #544 of 1510 Old 04-14-2007, 12:06 AM

[quote=lindend]The sequence is:

Quote:

1. Reboot
2. Go into standby (after seeing video).
3. Wait ~2 minutes until HDD should spin down.
4. Come out of standby (you should see front panel animation if all is well).
5. Go into diagnostics and capture # of spin downs.

[

Went through the sequence before bedtime. After reboot the drive seems to spin louder when the four dashes are on the display (----) and then they go off and the drive slows down or at least gets quieter and the LED goes from red to blue and video comes back on. I then put it in standby and waited about three or more minutes and never noticed any difference in sounds of the drive. Powered back up and display went right to channel I had it on to begin with and no animation. Checked Diags. Page 22 and had same numbers as before. 0 overheat spindowns and 20 standby spindowns. Page 23 had 0 spindowns as always. Have a nice weelend.

Upon further review:
checked my recorded files and went from 72% to 50%. Went back in content of diags. and found three HD recordings with the famous {0}. ( one of them my favorite "USED CARS") These were all recorded Pre 9.32 firmware update or does that matter?
post #545 of 1510 Old 04-14-2007, 06:52 AM

sometimes when changing channels the channel you go to has no sound....you must change to another channel and back to get sound.....firmware 9.32. It does not seem to matter if you are going from a digital, high definition or analog channel the sound is just gone. Otherwise the box seems much faster when changing channels.
post #546 of 1510 Old 04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=andybub]
Quote:

Upon further review:
checked my recorded files and went from 72% to 50%. Went back in content of diags. and found three HD recordings with the famous {0}. ( one of them my favorite "USED CARS")

Were these HD recordings 2 hours or longer?

Quote:

These were all recorded Pre 9.32 firmware update or does that matter?

Doesn't matter. They shouldn't be lost.

Linden
Pace Americas, Inc. (note the views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Pace).
post #547 of 1510 Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernman View Post

sometimes when changing channels the channel you go to has no sound....you must change to another channel and back to get sound.....firmware 9.32.

This bug has been lurking around for a while and we're working on it.

Does the problem happen only (or mostly) on analog channels?

Linden
post #548 of 1510 Old 04-14-2007, 08:21 PM

[quote=lindend][quote=andybub]

Quote:

Were these HD recordings 2 hours or longer?

No.
Used Cars 1:59:58
American Chopper 0:59:58
Cold Case 0: 59:27

Note that this reboot was unplugging 775 Tahoe while the blue LED was on and Video was displayed on Sony HD TV.
post #549 of 1510 Old 04-14-2007, 09:57 PM

I got a TDC775D the other day, when exchanging my old SD box in for an HD box, I'm liking it except for one major problem, I've called mediacom about this several times, but the box will not display the guide (i-Guide) when I change channels, no info bar along the bottom, as well as the guide and info buttons doing nothing, black screen with the VOD channel, etc. Every time I've called, they said they will send a signal, and it should begin displaying the guide, but it never does. I've prowled around in the diagnostics menu, and I have firmware 9.08 (typical of mediacom to use ancient crap)

I'm on Mediacom (Madison County AL)
post #550 of 1510 Old 04-15-2007, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post

I got a TDC775D the other day.... I've prowled around in the diagnostics menu, and I have firmware 9.08 (typical of mediacom to use ancient crap)

My records don't show a 9.08 release for any Mediacom site (or any other Cable site for that matter).

What diagnostics page are you using that you determined that you have a 9.08 release? Are you sure that you don't have a Vegas and are using a 9.18 release?

Quote:

but the box will not display the guide (i-Guide) when I change channels, no info bar along the bottom, as well as the guide and info buttons doing nothing, no black screen with the VOD channel, etc.

What video output are using? Do you ever get graphics when you hit the guide button?

Linden
post #551 of 1510 Old 04-15-2007, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Used Cars 1:59:58

For all intents and purposes, this is two hours...two seconds doesn't matter.

Quote:

American Chopper 0:59:58
Cold Case 0: 59:27

Could you please post the exact file size details for both of these recordings and the bitrate of the recordings?

Just to update everyone on what we know.

On Feb. 12 in this thread, trabbic reported a lost HD recording with 9.29 and obviously andybub has reported some also. Based on our investigation with Trabbic's report, this is what we know and have replicated:

1. 9.29 or later should not lose any normal size SD recording on a dirty reboot (unless its like an all day manual recording or something odd like that).
2. 9.29 or later can sometimes lose HD recordings longer than 90 minutes on a dirty reboot (obviously unpredictable when this might happen).

This is why I'm puzzled about your American Chopper and Cold Case recordings since they are only 60 minutes and should not have been affected.

Linden
post #552 of 1510 Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Could you please post the exact file size details for both of these recordings and the bitrate of the recordings?

American Chopper
Meta data file size: 5152
MPEG file size : 8190427136 {0}
Trick file size : 3445760 {3445760}
Average bit rate :18211064

Cold Case
Meta data file size: 5144
MPEG file size : 6595543040 {0}
Trick file size : 3425728 {3425728}
Average bit rate :14771648
Hope thats all you need if not let me know and I'll keep the data until you say so.

Also about the standby numbers. If all is working well and I shut down for the night the DVR goes into standby and the next day there should be a new number registered on the diags. 22 DVR status standby spindowns? Just a note on that, my neighbor has the same service and DVR (not as many premium channels) as I do. I was programing his remote for 30 second skip Fri. and checked his diags on standby spindowns and his is at 18 and he has the power saver option on as well. It just seems that you would get one spindown at least a day or am I wrong? Thanks
post #553 of 1510 Old 04-15-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:

My records don't show a 9.08 release for any Mediacom site (or any other Cable site for that matter).

What diagnostics page are you using that you determined that you have a 9.08 release? Are you sure that you don't have a Vegas and are using a 9.18 release?

It's not a Vegas, says TDC 775D right above the power button

I went into software and hw ver and it says:
SW Version (DENA) 09.08
HW Version 0x00000007
Serial Num PAT............
TSODA 0x16

Pace Reference 001-411-02-03

Quote:

What video output are using? Do you ever get graphics when you hit the guide button?

I have it on Component out, I also have tried RF, Composite, & S-Video, no graphics on any of them
post #554 of 1510 Old 04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hope thats all you need if not let me know and I'll keep the data until you say so.

For now, that's ok. I'll let you know if I need anything else.

Thanks for the details.

Quote:

Also about the standby numbers. If all is working well and I shut down for the night the DVR goes into standby and the next day there should be a new number registered on the diags.

Correct.

Quote:

It just seems that you would get one spindown at least a day or am I wrong? Thanks

Depends. If you put your box in standby once a day, then yes, it should increase by one each day. If you do it more frequently, then the number will increase at a faster pace than that. If the guide is doing a lot of writing to the HDD in standby, then the number won't move.

Linden
post #555 of 1510 Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I went into software and hw ver and it says:
SW Version (DENA) 09.08
HW Version 0x00000007
Serial Num PAT............
TSODA 0x16

Pace Reference 001-411-02-03

Well those numbers are legitimate.

Here's what I believe happened. After Tahoe's are manufactured, they contain a default application that has no frills functionality (i.e. it knows enough to download the TV Guide firmware used by your site, but has no graphics etc.).

No end user should ever see this default image, but somehow you got a box in this condition so its not surprising that you don't see graphics. According to our records, your site should be on 9.31. Please request that they update the image on your box ASAP.

Linden
post #556 of 1510 Old 04-15-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Well those numbers are legitimate.

Here's what I believe happened. After Tahoe's are manufactured, they contain a default application that has no frills functionality (i.e. it knows enough to download the TV Guide firmware used by your site, but has no graphics etc.).

No end user should ever see this default image, but somehow you got a box in this condition so its not surprising that you don't see graphics. According to our records, your site should be on 9.31. Please request that they update the image on your box ASAP.

I have called them about it twice, and both times, they say they are going to send a new image to the box, and it should power off, reboot, and all that, and wait about 30 minutes, and it should be working. It does all that, but after waiting an hour just to be sure, I turn it back on, and it still is at the default. I'm going to try calling them again about it, and if it doesn't work this time, I'm going to take it by their office on Monday, since I go by there on the way to work, and see if they can do anything there, or exchange it for a working one.
Thanks for the help!
I had a suspicion that this was the problem

EDIT:
after calling, the woman said that the INT signal will not work with this box, so I'm just going to stop by their office tomorrow and exchange the box, I hope they give me another Pace, but I'll probably end up with a DCT-6200. I guess they have just now started to send the Tahoe out, as she automatically assumed I had a motorola, and I had to tell her I had a Pace, which she then put me back on hold and came back and said that it won't work to send a signal
post #557 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Please also post the build that each recording was recorded with.

Thanks.

Linden
post #558 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Please also post the build that each recording was recorded with.

I would also like to know the number of trash can empties reported on the DVR Status page.

Thanks.

Linden
post #559 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Just went and exchanged the problem box for another, and the new one is up and running fine
post #560 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 PM

[
Quote:

QUOTE=lindend]Please also post the build that each recording was recorded with.

001-600-04-28 all three that were lost.
There are many recorded with this build that remained.
FYI The new Build is 001-600-04-39 at least those were the numbers on recordings from last night.

Quote:

I would also like to know the number of trash can empties reported on the DVR Status page.

0 trash empties
0 trash recoveries

See you later.
post #561 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 PM

I just got this Cable Box this Saturday, on Sunday, I was trying to do PIP and to my disappointment, I got an error on the front screen. It is a EO 03. I called the cable Company and they said they have no record of that error code and what to do, so I have to wait until Tuesday to get a new box. I got no documents on this unit. Now I see that it also has a cable modem, this is intriguing as how I might be able to hook up some wireless Access point and use it as well. First and foremost, I am interested in the error and anything I can do for it?

Thanks!
post #562 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:

When this happens, have you ever seen an empty dialog on screen that would not go away for ~30 seconds?

Sorry I took so long and thanks for the reply. No, I do not remember seeing any. Just the "Cannot delete..." message.

Bresnan called to say the GJ CO update is tonight.
post #563 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag_racer8 View Post

I was trying to do PIP and to my disappointment,

PIP is not possible with TV Guide.

Quote:

I got an error on the front screen. It is a EO 03.

Were you watching TV when this error just showed up on the front panel or did it appear when you booted the box.

Quote:

Now I see that it also has a cable modem, this is intriguing as how I might be able to hook up some wireless Access point and use it as well.

The CableModem is a build option that is controlled by your cable companies. It is not active at all sites.

Linden
post #564 of 1510 Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:

Were you watching TV when this error just showed up on the front panel or did it appear when you booted the box

I was watching the TV as I was messing with the controller for PIP stuff. At that time it happened.

Quote:

The CableModem is a build option that is controlled by your cable companies. It is not active at all sites

Are you aware if SuddenLink does or will do this?

Thanks for your assistance.
post #565 of 1510 Old 04-17-2007, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you aware if SuddenLink does or will do this?

Sorry. Can't comment on SuddenLink's future plans either here or via PM.

Linden
post #566 of 1510 Old 04-17-2007, 12:48 PM

What about the EO03 error code and me watching TV at the time it occurred?

I tried to send you an email, I am not sure it went through.

Is there a place I can locate what error codes mean and how to fix them? Besides getting a new box?

Thanks
Daniel
post #567 of 1510 Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Daniel,

Quote:

What about the EO03 error code and me watching TV at the time it occurred?

Did the box reboot when the E003 code appeared on the front panel?

Linden
post #568 of 1510 Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Lindend;

Quote:

Just to update everyone on what we know.

On Feb. 12 in this thread, trabbic reported a lost HD recording with 9.29 and obviously andybub has reported some also. Based on our investigation with Trabbic's report, this is what we know and have replicated:

1. 9.29 or later should not lose any normal size SD recording on a dirty reboot (unless its like an all day manual recording or something odd like that).
2. 9.29 or later can sometimes lose HD recordings longer than 90 minutes on a dirty reboot (obviously unpredictable when this might happen).

This is why I'm puzzled about your American Chopper and Cold Case recordings since they are only 60 minutes and should not have been affected.

[/quote]

Last night my son informed me that we had no digital channels but analog channels were OK. I swapped tuners and had digital for a couple of seconds than changed channels and lost it. I did a reboot and all came back and didn't seem to lose any recordings. Quick question on my previous discussion about no standyby spindowns. If I put the DVR in standby and it refuses to spindown is this a dirty reboot?

And any ideas why I would lose digital channels for no apparent reason. This was identical to pre 9.32 when I was hooked up to HDMI and went to VOD. But after reading this thread I went back to component video jacks and that seemed to go away. After 9.32 I still have component jacks hooked up.
post #569 of 1510 Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If I put the DVR in standby and it refuses to spindown is this a dirty reboot?

No, in this case, the box hasn't rebooted. If the drive doesn't spin down, its either a bug or an application is reading/writing from the drive and preventing a spin down.

Quote:

And any ideas why I would lose digital channels for no apparent reason.

Sounds like a bug. How long was the box up before this happened? Did it seem sluggish at all when it was in this condition?

Linden
post #570 of 1510 Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 PM

[quote]
Quote:

No, in this case, the box hasn't rebooted. If the drive doesn't spin down, its either a bug or an application is reading/writing from the drive and preventing a spin down.

I didn't explain that very well. What I meant to say was if I put it in standby and wait several minutes and it still hasn't gone into standby spindown, then I unplug it, wait and plug back in, is that considered a dirty reboot ? Would you be concerned about no standby spindowns ever adding up in diags?

Quote:

Sounds like a bug. How long was the box up before this happened? Did it seem sluggish at all when it was in this condition?[/

QUOTE]

Probably 3 days and no, no sluggishness. It seems like HDNET and HD Movie channel start pixeling pretty bad periodically. Rebooting cleans it up most of the time but a week ago it didn't help but by morning it was cleared up so I figured it was a Bresnan glitch. Tonight HBO HD is doing it so I will wait and see if it clears by tommorow. When you say bug, is this something that is in this particular machine or software. It's much better than it was anyway since I have rebooted several times since 9.32 and only lost recording on the dirty reboot.

Thanks for you time.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page