Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlin12 View Post

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/c...irst-with-cab/

Cox/Tivo is supposed still being worked on

no the tivo premier with cox is the only one cox is working on they droped trying to get it to run on the motorola or SA hardware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 4010 Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlin12 View Post

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/c...irst-with-cab/

Cox/Tivo is supposed still being worked on

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, a similar link announced a year ago that Cox start testing the TiVo software this year. Thus, I remain to be convinced that it will happen next year. Hope springs eternal, though.
post #3993 of 4010 Old 09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I recently ordered new service for the comcast tivo dvr. It's being sent to me so i hope its a DCX box. I was told that when I receive the box to just call so a tech can upload the software. If I get one of the older DCT's I will exchange it for the newer DCX's before I have the tech come out to install the software. The Salesmen said the box is one of the older gray ones(DCT)? The Tivo software can be used on the newer DCX's correct? I want the bigger hard drive.

Denon AVR-X2000------>Def Tech PM1000's------>Def Tech PC2000------->Sub(TBD)
Pioneer Pro111FD viewed from 7'------>Picture mode, ISF Day(calibrated by umr)
Sony PS3

post #3994 of 4010 Old 09-25-2010, 03:01 AM

Liked: 10
Yes. I have the TiVo software on my 320 gig DCX.
post #3995 of 4010 Old 09-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevatorguy View Post

Yes. I have the TiVo software on my 320 gig DCX.

How do you like it? How is the functionality of the software with the dcx? I've heard it runs a bit better than on the dct. I have never had TiVo but I want to try something that is little more user friendly

Sony PS3

post #3996 of 4010 Old 09-26-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBloggz View Post

How do you like it? How is the functionality of the software with the dcx? I've heard it runs a bit better than on the dct. I have never had TiVo but I want to try something that is little more user friendly

I had the TiVo software on the DCT and it does run better on the DCX. It has a few quirks, but overall is far superior the old iGuide. I have not used iGuide version A28, which I think is much closer to the TiVo software. The big loss in my opinion in switching is the On Screen Caller ID. The upside is better info from Tribune (no more shows being recorded in triplicate) and the search function which also searches OnDemand programming.
post #3997 of 4010 Old 09-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I had the TiVo software on the DCT and it does run better on the DCX. It has a few quirks, but overall is far superior the old iGuide. I have not used iGuide version A28, which I think is much closer to the TiVo software. The big loss in my opinion in switching is the On Screen Caller ID. The upside is better info from Tribune (no more shows being recorded in triplicate) and the search function which also searches OnDemand programming.

Thanks for the input. Onscreen caller ID is not that big a deal for me. I'm looking forward trying something more user friendly and cleaner looking.

Sony PS3

post #3998 of 4010 Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post

no the tivo premier with cox is the only one cox is working on they droped trying to get it to run on the motorola or SA hardware.

http://www.lightreading.com/document...&site=lr_cable
This is what TiVo's media relations guy pointed me to.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or its associated companies.
post #3999 of 4010 Old 10-22-2010, 08:00 AM

Well I did it. I just couldn't take the $215/month Comcast was making me pay, even after threatening to leave for FioS. As such I switched to FioS this week.

Hope Comcast keeps working on the TiVo interface, it is the only thing I miss at all.
post #4000 of 4010 Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboybac View Post

Well I did it. I just couldn't take the $215/month Comcast was making me pay, even after threatening to leave for FioS. As such I switched to FioS this week.

Hope Comcast keeps working on the TiVo interface, it is the only thing I miss at all.

Lucky dawg - if FIOS was here I'd jump on it in a SECOND! Now that you have FIOS why not buy a TiVo! TiVo works with FIOS.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #4001 of 4010 Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

I've had the TiVo on my DCX for a few weeks now. Overall I like it better than the iguide. My only issue has been with season pass. It keeps recording re-runs even when I set it to first run only? Sort of a nuisance.

Sony PS3

post #4002 of 4010 Old 10-23-2010, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've had the TiVo on my DCX for a few weeks now. Overall I like it better than the iguide. My only issue has been with season pass. It keeps recording re-runs even when I set it to first run only? Sort of a nuisance.

It can be annoying but I find it rarely does that - if it happens it tends to happen on stations like Nickelodean not NBC, etc.

post #4003 of 4010 Old 10-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

It can be annoying but I find it rarely does that - if it happens it tends to happen on stations like Nickelodean not NBC, etc.

Interesting, for me it happened on ABC, HBO, etc. I dont think I'm using the season pass incorrectly?

Sony PS3

post #4004 of 4010 Old 10-23-2010, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Interesting, for me it happened on ABC, HBO, etc. I dont think I'm using the season pass incorrectly?

Wow - that's never happened for me with those channels. It happens on some stations like Nick since the repeats don't list details. It's gotten better the past few weeks though and no dups recorded on my Tivo.

post #4005 of 4010 Old 10-27-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:

I have NEVER had that happen with my TiVo software and I am using the DCX box as well. I used to have that issue constantly with the old iGuide software and that was my main reason for switching. I do not know if the new iGuide is any better in that respect, but it is doubtful due to the fact that they are still getting programming info from the same source, while TiVo gets it from Tribune Media. The one thing I miss from the Comcast software is the on screen caller ID.
post #4006 of 4010 Old 10-27-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboybac View Post

They didn't offer to be competitive to keep you on as a customer? I think Comcast is foolish here...it costs more money to get new customers than to keep old ones.
post #4007 of 4010 Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They didn't offer to be competitive to keep you on as a customer? I think Comcast is foolish here...it costs more money to get new customers than to keep old ones.

They jacked my triple-play price up too even with the threat of leaving them for Uverse or Satellite...

post #4008 of 4010 Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 PM

Hope some are still checking this thread. I just ordered the Tivo HD DVR Comcast box for my sister, actually she ordered, I consulted. She got the DCX3400 and activated it last night but from her description, it doesn't sound like she has the Tivo service installed.

My question is this. Does the Tivo get activated separately from the cable service for the box? Does someone have to come out to load the Tivo software? She says the unit, remote (platinum colored Comcast style) and packing has no mention of Tivo anywhere, so I was wondering if the Tivo HD DVR DCX3400 box has any outward signs to designate it as a Tivo enabled box?

Thanks.
post #4009 of 4010 Old 12-17-2010, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeanie View Post

Hope some are still checking this thread. I just ordered the Tivo HD DVR Comcast box for my sister, actually she ordered, I consulted. She got the DCX3400 and activated it last night but from her description, it doesn't sound like she has the Tivo service installed.

My question is this. Does the Tivo get activated separately from the cable service for the box? Does someone have to come out to load the Tivo software? She says the unit, remote (platinum colored Comcast style) and packing has no mention of Tivo anywhere, so I was wondering if the Tivo HD DVR DCX3400 box has any outward signs to designate it as a Tivo enabled box?

Thanks.

Depending on who set it up, it can either be done remotely or a separate visit from a tech. Most of the time it requires a tech.

There is no indicator on the box, but the guide should have the TiVo logo visble & it is noticeably different than the traditional guide.
post #4010 of 4010 Old 12-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeanie View Post

Thanks.
The DCX3400 is not a TiVo DVR. It's a Motorola box running "comcast" software (I'm too lazy to google what it actually uses)--it won't be running TiVo software.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page