AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch Man View Post
Nothing known yet,

Brighthouse Networks just started getting them, but they have some audio/drop out bugs/issues. Keep in mind that although BHN uses the same guide/box models as TWC, they are a totally different company:

BHN has a forum where you can follow allong and learn about the progress of the 6-tuner DVR below. Would like to see something from TWC allong those lines, but to my knowledge they have not released the boxes yet. I could be wrong though. I am sure this thread will have updates:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r293...-Six-Tuner-DVR

Satch
Thanks. Lots of problems for them. I will wait. I don't want buggy DVRs. The ones I used were already buggy enough. :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18692 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
When will TWC be releasing those 6-tuner boxes?
I sound like a stuck record here but Roamio Pro.
6 tuners. 3000 hours works today on TWC.
post #18693 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Whatever, I just wanted to watch my DVR's recordings remotely outside of my nest. :P
You can do this on an iPad with the TiVo.
You can even send live tv out (well virtually live. Recorded onto the TiVo and sent out seconds later)
phildaant likes this.
post #18694 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
I sound like a stuck record here but Roamio Pro.
6 tuners. 3000 hours works today on TWC.
But NO ON DEMAND with Time Warner!!
phildaant likes this.

Dave Hancock
post #18695 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Roku can be used for TWC VOD and it works well if you have a TWC online ID.
phildaant and SMHarman like this.
post #18696 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005 View Post
The same online ID account for its web site?
SMHarman likes this.
post #18697 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005 View Post
Must look at that the Roku TWC channel is awesome. Why even rent a basic cable box when that exists.

Last edited by SMHarman; 08-19-2014 at 08:34 PM.
post #18698 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Must look at yhat the Roku TWC channel is awesome. Why even rent a basic cable box when that exists.
Any videos or screen (capture/shot)s of Roku's TWC channel?
post #18699 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
It only works on Roku 2, 3, new Roku 1/2 boxes, LT, and Streaming stick. It does not work on older roku's with a model number below 2400.
phildaant likes this.
post #18700 of 18714 Old 08-19-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Any videos or screen (capture/shot)s of Roku's TWC channel?
http://www.roku.com/channels/#!detai...e-warner-cable

Wow, they have been doing some serious development of their Roku channel. That is one nice channel and great to know I now have the VOD there. Some good kids stuff that is not on Netflix or Amazon prime (like CBeebies).

I found once I got a TiVo that my VOD viewing went right down, not because it was not possible but because the TiVo was recording the things I would have previously VoDed.
phildaant likes this.

Last edited by SMHarman; 08-19-2014 at 08:35 PM.
post #18701 of 18714 Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
I sound like a stuck record here but Roamio Pro. 6 tuners. 3000 hours works today on TWC.
I would have liked to go this route to replace my current setup of 75hr Tivo Series 3 alongside my 2-tuner Cisco 75hr DVR but two things stop me dead in my tracks: The Roamio Pro can't record antenna and TWC compresses the local channels so they don't look as good as they do over Antenna (which is a big deal to me), but the bigger problem is the unreliability of my TWC Tuning Adapter - it randomly just stops working then my Tivo doesn't record any cable channels whether they're SDV or not, even the analog channels won't tune or record and that includes the local broadcast channels (402-413). This tuning adapter problem is the reason why i rent their DVR - to be sure to catch my sports and auto racing when the TA stops tuning when i'm out of town.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #18702 of 18714 Old 08-29-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
I would have liked to go this route to replace my current setup of 75hr Tivo Series 3 alongside my 2-tuner Cisco 75hr DVR but two things stop me dead in my tracks: The Roamio Pro can't record antenna and TWC compresses the local channels so they don't look as good as they do over Antenna (which is a big deal to me), but the bigger problem is the unreliability of my TWC Tuning Adapter - it randomly just stops working then my Tivo doesn't record any cable channels whether they're SDV or not, even the analog channels won't tune or record and that includes the local broadcast channels (402-413). This tuning adapter problem is the reason why i rent their DVR - to be sure to catch my sports and auto racing when the TA stops tuning when i'm out of town.
As you are already on a 2 DVR solution you could
1) get a Roamio and use it for OTA
2) get a Roamio Plus and use it for TWC with their SDV
3) get a basic socket timer http://www.amazon.com/Woods-50006-In...s=timer+switch and have it on for 23.75 hours of the day and switch off for 15 minutes at say 3am to restart the SDV box each night. There are fancier ways of achieving this but this is a nice simple one.

The combined cost of 1) and 2) is the same as a Roamio Pro, the downside, you can 'only' record 1500 hours of content, but you could record 10 channels at once!

This would have you laying out for two x lifetime subscriptions on boxes but will remove $30+ a month of box fees from your TWC bill. You have $200+$400 plus two lifetime at $400 so $1400 up front. Selling the S3 on Ebay will recover some of that and then saving on your cable bill will still get you a payback of around 36 months, especially as come upgrade time you would then have two boxes with lifetime to stick on ebay and recover 2 x $$

TiVo allows the transfer of shows from one box to the other on the home network.
post #18703 of 18714 Old 08-30-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 357
Quote:
but the bigger problem is the unreliability of my TWC Tuning Adapter - it randomly just stops working then my Tivo doesn't record any cable channels whether they're SDV or not, even the analog channels won't tune or record and that includes the local broadcast channels (402-413)
Yep. For those not in an SDV area they have no idea what it's like. TWC cable box or being forced to use a tuning adapter, SDV will get you one way or another.

My TA locked up last weekend and failed to record and a friend with a TWC DVR missed recordings because of a channel unavailable message.

post #18704 of 18714 Old 08-30-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Yep. For those not in an SDV area they have no idea what it's like. TWC cable box or being forced to use a tuning adapter, SDV will get you one way or another.

My TA locked up last weekend and failed to record and a friend with a TWC DVR missed recordings because of a channel unavailable message.
As I said before I'm in an SDV area.
post #18705 of 18714 Old 08-30-2014, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
SDV is crap!!

In fact everything just about with TWC is!!!!!!!! (All except the internet)
post #18706 of 18714 Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Canceled my TIVO service today(4 days into 30 day money back guarantee), and will be returning my Roamio(4-tuner) to Best Buy just because TWC SDV F*ING SUX!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to return my M-Cable Card to my local office this week.

You talk about a collosal PIA!!!! Way to go TWC!! Anyway, I am just going to stick with my old set-up and record Analog and SDTV channels to my Magnavox MDR515.
post #18707 of 18714 Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey RandyWalters,

Just out of curiosity, how is TWC DVR's? Is the HD DVR worth it in your opinion, or is the WHOLE HOUSE one, even though it is like $33/month, just better?

You can either PM me, or just type within this thread. G*d TWC really aggravates me!!
phildaant likes this.
post #18708 of 18714 Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Is it possible to edit DCX3510-M DVR's recording titles like add season and episodes (wished DVR would add this automatically)?
post #18709 of 18714 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

New Questions on DCX3510-M DVR:
1. Is it possible to edit s recording titles like add season and episodes (wished DVR would add this automatically)?
2. Does anyone know how to clear the logs?
I cannot find the option to do that.

Also, is it me or scheduling record series not show up after saving when I manually check my schedule list. Power cycling DVR will show the newest ones.

Last edited by phildaant; Today at 11:06 AM.
post #18710 of 18714 Old Today, 02:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE
Canceled my TIVO service today(4 days into 30 day money back guarantee), and will be returning my Roamio(4-tuner) to Best Buy just because TWC SDV F*ING SUX!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to return my M-Cable Card to my local office this week.
Dont ya hate going there??

YA WANNA YELL AND SCREAM AT THEM!! (I know I did when they took SARA off the boxs and put NAVACRAP ON THEM INSTEAD!!!!!!!! (All to save themselves $$$$$))
post #18711 of 18714 Old Today, 07:12 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post
Canceled my TIVO service today(4 days into 30 day money back guarantee), and will be returning my Roamio(4-tuner) to Best Buy just because TWC SDV F*ING SUX!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to return my M-Cable Card to my local office this week. You talk about a collosal PIA!!!! Way to go TWC!!
Why did you give up after only 4 days? Were you having problems with the TWC Tuning Adapter? I would have at least given it two weeks during your 15 day BB return window and try to shake the issues out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post
Hey RandyWalters, Just out of curiosity, how is TWC DVR's? Is the HD DVR worth it in your opinion, or is the WHOLE HOUSE one, even though it is like $33/month, just better?
I have their Cisco 8742HDC 75 hour DVR with a 500GB hard drive, which replaced my old 8300HD which i was turning in due to not having enough capacity (20 hours). This 500GB Cisco was only available with their Whole House service and they didn't want to give it to me as a stand alone, but i insisted and they caved. My SO has the same Cisco in her den and is also stand-alone, and she only got it because the tech that came out to check her dead 8300HD was cool and agreed to replace it with the Cisco. Mine is a little sluggish compared to hers but otherwise it's reliable and hasn't missed a single recording in the 13 months i've had it. The Navigator interface has become fairly decent after several updates and it all works pretty well, just not as good as Tivo.

Question - are you in a Verizon FIOS TV area? FIOS and Tivo are a match made in heaven (no SDV and they also have the best picture quality of any provider). If i could get FIOS at my house i'd drop TWC in a hot minute, but i'm in AT&T territory so no FIOS for me. At my friends houses, it's excellent.
phildaant likes this.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #18712 of 18714 Old Today, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Question - are you in a Verizon FIOS TV area? FIOS and Tivo are a match made in heaven (no SDV and they also have the best picture quality of any provider). If i could get FIOS at my house i'd drop TWC in a hot minute, but i'm in AT&T territory so no FIOS for me. At my friends houses, it's excellent.
But NO ON DEMAND! (For some, it matters.)
phildaant likes this.

Dave Hancock
post #18713 of 18714 Old Today, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Why did you give up after only 4 days? Were you having problems with the TWC Tuning Adapter? I would have at least given it two weeks during your 15 day BB return window and try to shake the issues out.

I have their Cisco 8742HDC 75 hour DVR with a 500GB hard drive, which replaced my old 8300HD which i was turning in due to not having enough capacity (20 hours). This 500GB Cisco was only available with their Whole House service and they didn't want to give it to me as a stand alone, but i insisted and they caved. My SO has the same Cisco in her den and is also stand-alone, and she only got it because the tech that came out to check her dead 8300HD was cool and agreed to replace it with the Cisco. Mine is a little sluggish compared to hers but otherwise it's reliable and hasn't missed a single recording in the 13 months i've had it. The Navigator interface has become fairly decent after several updates and it all works pretty well, just not as good as Tivo.

Thanx for the response Randy. Yeah, i know. I am impatient when it comes to electonics. I just feel that if there is something wrong right out of the gate, especially all the things wrong people describe with their own experiences, I TAP OUT.

I do not believe in giving myself major headaches over a product that just does not work correctly right out of the box. With the price people are paying, electronics should just work. Do not make the public BETA TESTERS for your crap. Have some self-respect and something else, QUALITY CONTROL. But that is just me. Most folks feel differently. Especially where electronics are concerned.

As you can see, I am in no way shape or form, an EARLY ADOPTER

I do not have FIOS available where I live, and probably never will. Unless it get's rolled out BIG TIME, like CABLE did in the mid 1980's across the country. I live in a pretty RURAL AREA of NW Pennsylvania(LOTS of Amish)

But if I had it available, I would get it IN A HEARTBEAT.
post #18714 of 18714 Old Today, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

RandyWalters,

Thanx for the info on the Whole house Cisco. So, are you saying that TWC is "reluctant" to give someone the Cisco, unless they have at least one other HDTV BOX(SA/Samsung/etc...) listed on their bill.

I have two, and would "consider" replacing one with the Cisco, you mentioned. The 75 HD recording capacity, is more than enough for me. And if it could be expanded with relative ease, like the TIVO, even better.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page