Time Warner Cable Navigator - Page 633 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 165Likes

post #18961 of 18968 Old 04-07-2015, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjustin View Post
All better now, thankfully. I contacted TWC on Twitter and they replied that there was an outage in my area.

It lasted from 2:30am to 11:30am
I hope you asked for credits for that nine/9 hours!
kjpjr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18962 of 18968 Old 04-10-2015, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Haven't been here in a while.

FiOS will soon be available in my apartment building. Not sure I want to give up NY1 and The Weather Channel, though.

Time Warner Cable - New York City - Flushing, Queens
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD
Formerly Passport Echo 2.6.002
MDN 3.3.0-9-ptv (3.Dev)

post #18963 of 18968 Old 04-10-2015, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
Haven't been here in a while.

FiOS will soon be available in my apartment building. Not sure I want to give up NY1 and The Weather Channel, though.
Lucky you. I would get FIOS to dump TWC for faster Internet. I care not for The Weather Channel and NY1 (whatever that is).

Last edited by phildaant; 04-10-2015 at 07:54 PM.
post #18964 of 18968 Old 04-10-2015, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Lucky you. I would get dump TWC for faster Internet. I care not for The Weather Channel and NY1 (whatever that is).
As someone who has had both TWC & FiOS, let me tell you that FiOS is not all that great. It has worse software (harder to use, prone to have problems with software "upgrades", etc.

What IS good, is that the G1Ravage is now in a position to negotiate better terms with TWC.

Dave Hancock
post #18965 of 18968 Old 04-17-2015, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just posted this at Time Warner Cable Direct (https://www.dslreports.com/forum/timewarnerdirect):

For the past two days, Search on the STB ("B" on remote) is NOT returning HD channels (digital channel + 1000 in market) for all results. Previously, a search would return analog channel, digital channel and HD channel (e.g. USA is SD 33, SD 201 and HD 1201). It seems like TWC may have made a change such that only 33 and 1201 are returned, perhaps since 33 & 201 just point to the same channel. It also appears, though, that programs on some of the SD channels are mistakenly marked as HD. E.g., searching for a program on CBS should return SD 7 & HD 1007, but only channel 7 (with the program marked as HD) is returned by the search.

Please note that while we have one of your earlier iterations of channel numbers grouped by genre, we do not have your latest version, nor does our configuration automatically provide the HD channel. So that functionality shouldn't be causing the issue (unless it's partially and incorrectly implemented in our market).

Please look into this and let me know when the problem is resolved.

Thanks.

ODN 7.3.1_6, Cisco 8742HDC
post #18966 of 18968 Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have the cisco 8742 and also the cisco HD box (not sure of model number) and the volume out on these boxes seem REALLY low...When I am watching HDTV my pioneer vsx 822k needs to be turned to around 55 for volume to be able to be at a good level, when using the xbox one or any other source I can go down to 40...thats a big difference and the sound just isnt as "filling" on the cable box....anyone else have this issue? any fixes?
post #18967 of 18968 Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post
I have the cisco 8742 and also the cisco HD box (not sure of model number) and the volume out on these boxes seem REALLY low...When I am watching HDTV my pioneer vsx 822k needs to be turned to around 55 for volume to be able to be at a good level, when using the xbox one or any other source I can go down to 40...thats a big difference and the sound just isnt as "filling" on the cable box....anyone else have this issue? any fixes?
Verifying the obvious first. You have turned the volume up on the box (not just the TV)? Sometimes the remote is set to only adjust the TV volume so use the buttons on the box initially to get what you want. /Dan
post #18968 of 18968 Old Today, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by danki6x View Post
Verifying the obvious first. You have turned the volume up on the box (not just the TV)? Sometimes the remote is set to only adjust the TV volume so use the buttons on the box initially to get what you want. /Dan
Dan the 4742HDC does not have buttons on the front, and the HD Dvr does but I did check and the volume buttons do nothing. Are they suppose to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page