Time Warner Cable Navigator - Page 635 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 189Likes

post #19021 of 19047 Old 06-03-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjustin View Post
I see that we finally have Auto Search which is great! The other changes include a frame around the selected channel in the Program Guide, and when stopping playback on a recorded show I now see the standard page with info about the show and options to delete or resume play. Under the hood things have changed too because everything is noticeably more responsive.
Justin,

What do you mean "Auto Search?" Does the B button show all instances of a show in this release like on the legacy boxes?

Satch
phildaant likes this.

Arris-DCX3510M DVR with TWC Navigator Guide
Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19022 of 19047 Old 06-04-2015, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch Man View Post
Justin,

What do you mean "Auto Search?" Does the B button show all instances of a show in this release like on the legacy boxes?

Satch
Confirmed by someone at TWC,

Yes, B button auto search for more instances of a show should be in this release. (Makes the B button search more like the legacy boxes.)

Satch
phildaant likes this.

post #19023 of 19047 Old 06-05-2015, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Any screen-shots of the new Auto Search for the B button on Navigator's newest release?

Would like to see how it compares and differs to the legacy box search system.

Satch

post #19024 of 19047 Old 06-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
This is how TWC disables the eSATA port on your DCX3600M

ocap.properites:
Code:
#
# Selectable feature list for TWC [TIME WARNER]
# NOTE: this should not include a feature named TWC or TIMEWARNER, but
# rather we should use feature based names as we may add customers
# that would want these features in the future
#
##########################################################################  
#
#   PLEASE READ FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU MAKE MODIFICATION TO THIS FILE
#
#########################################################################
#
# 1. Each entry should START ON 1st COLOMN. This applicable for comments as well. 
#
# 2. Each comment should start with '#'
#
# 3. Each MSO selectable feature should be per line.
#  
# 4. Ecah MSO feature and its values should seperated by '=' character. Please note that
#    there are NO SPACES allowed around '='.
#
#    Example:
# 
#        CVTEnable=true
#

# code file prefix
CodeFilePrefix=bedt

#below property disables video on component port when HDMI is connected and viceversa
disableComponentForHdmi=false

#below property validates the cable card when the system is starting up
#if the cable card is not validated, the stack would wait
enableCableCardValidation=true

# to enable download retry. retry shall happen only when STB in standby mode,
# which is initiated by the FP/IR remote control
EnableDownloadRetry=true

#below property enables platform controlled video display behavior. when enabled, it displays
#normal override as pillar box on 16:9 Tv for 4:3 input stream and letterbox
# on 4:3 TV for 16:9 signal. On not set, the picture would be displayed as
# dictated by scaling APIs
enablePlatformVideoDisplay=true

# Forcing FIXED audio output when encoding set to HDMI.    
audioFixedWhenEncodingHDMI=true

# Specify what volume used when volume is fixed
# Specify and number between 0 and -90 dB, or "current"
# =0 - max volume, =-90 - muted, =-3 dB - historic value (backwards compatible)
# =current - volume fixed at the existing volume
audioVolumeWhenFixed=0

# When disconnected from HDMI, volume should stay where it is
audioVolumeRemainsWhenNotFixed=true

# BaseMotoUIXlet application is handling volume keys for ODN.    
motoHandlingVolumeKeys=true

# disable user-visible esata features (and most of the internals too)
hideEsataRecordingDisks=true

# disable the CEB 11 implementation, which subtracts the 11 dB gain applied
# by the audio decoder for all outputs but the RF when Narrow audio compression is specified
disableCEB_11=true

# disable automatically entering 3D mode if there is SEI frame packing signaling in the stream
# if true, then the user must manually enter 3D mode
#disableAutomatic3dMode=true

# don't change 3D mode when tuning to a new service. If this is true, then a channel change 
# will still keep the same 3D mode (SS, TB, 2D/normal) as previously-tuned service.
#keep3DModeOnChannelChange=true

# enable HDMI lipsync option in Device Configuration App.
enableLipsyncItem=false
# enable Video Sharpness option in Device Configuration App.
enableVideoSharpness=true
# enable Dolby Volume Mode option in Device Configuration App.
enableDolbyVolumeMode=true

# uncomment to enable prototype publishing of live tv channels into the CDS by the middleware; (production the app will publish channels)
# middlewarePublishChannels=true

#enable SNMP ocSTBHost MIB version I07 support
enableOCSTBMIBI07Support=false

#enable SNMP ocSTBHost MIB version I09 support
enableOCSTBMIBI09Support=false

#enable SNMP eSTB MIB306 support
enableESTBMIB306Support=false

#enable SNMP ocHn MIB support
enableOCHNMIBSupport=true

#enable SNMP TWC MIB support
enableTWCMIBSupport=true

#enable SNMP ocSTBHost MIB version I10 support
enableOCSTBMIBI10Support=false

# enable an Ethernet to MoCA bridge
enableMocaBridging=true

# enable native implementation of some OID's (as opposed to Java implementation)
enableNativeImplOids=true

# allow channels that do not have audio pids, this is a fix for OKAYER-7657 the
# factory has several test channels that have no audio pids.
enableVideoOnlySupport=true

# enable EAS features:
# EAS: SLRDN8618 Adjust audio file timeout based on whether the EAS is sent on DSG or OOB
# EAS: SLRDN9162 power mode changed, if EAS is in progress, it should be displayed.
# EAS: SLRDN8610 SLRDN8611 EAS message must be repeated for at least 3 times.
enableEASAudioPowerRepeatSupport=true

#spoof tuner sharing channels so the uri they publish specifies a recording, so customer can debug without a headend
enableChannelSpoof=false

#load XAIT applications from USB stick
loadXAITAppsFromUSB=true

# Make tuner management allow only 4 remote and 2 local usages in a 6 tuner box
enableResourceManagementFor4Remote2LocalOn6TunerBox=false

# Enable filtering of the key events in a low power (standby) mode. If enabled, most of the keys will not go to the app
# when the box is in standby. This is done to support specific TWC requirements. This deviation from the spec may eventially become obsolete.
filterKeyEventsInLowPower=true

# disable HLS by default until encryption over network implemented
disableHLS=false

#disable Renderer Device from the java api perspective
disableRendererOption=false

# disable Synch And Go by default
disableSynchAndGo=true

#Post NotTuned event when program is dropped.
PostNotTunedEventForProgramDrop=true

# Base value for JVM heap size
jvm_heap_size=200

#Disable closed captioning settings & preview screen in the "Device settings"
disableClosedCaptioningSettings=true
-nony

...because we try to keep our MSOs honest

And I thank certain people at CableLabs and Arris/Motorola (you know who you are)

Last edited by nony; 06-05-2015 at 11:55 PM.
post #19025 of 19047 Old 06-11-2015, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Auto-HD Detection was finally turned on for our division on 6/9/15. At long last, that feature has caught up to the prematurely-implemented changes to search results.

Charter, Charter, Charter, Charter, Charter ...
phildaant likes this.

ODN 7.3.1_6, Cisco 8742HDC, Dayton Ohio
post #19026 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 02:40 AM
Advanced Member

Satch,

Your sig suggests that you have an Arris-DCX3510M DVR, Guide Version -ODN 7.3, but your posts indicate otherwise. Can we do a little jail time together and work things out?
---
Guys,

I just had my rusty crusty SA-8300HDC box replaced by an AWESOME tech, who gave us a new Cisco 8742. But at first, for like about an hour the Advanced Search was not available and the thing would not stop rebooting every 10 minutes and took forever to get updates.

-nony

Last edited by nony; 06-13-2015 at 03:09 AM.
post #19027 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post
Satch,

Your sig suggests that you have an Arris-DCX3510M DVR, Guide Version -ODN 7.3, but your posts indicate otherwise. Can we do a little jail time together and work things out?
---
Guys,

I just had my rusty crusty SA-8300HDC box replaced by an AWESOME tech, who gave us a new Cisco 8742. But at first, for like about an hour the Advanced Search was not available and the thing would not stop rebooting every 10 minutes and took forever to get updates.

-nony
Hi Nony,

About two weeks ago, I had to swap out my Cisco 8742HDC for the Arris DCX3510M DVR. The Cisco would not stop rebooting and would go into these two-three hour cycles of rebooting and starting over. This was a new box. Tech came out, checked lines and signals. They were fine. He said "bad box." Swapped out the Cisco for the Arris, and it has been fine since.

Satch

post #19028 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswms View Post
Auto-HD Detection was finally turned on for our division on 6/9/15. At long last, that feature has caught up to the prematurely-implemented changes to search results.

Charter, Charter, Charter, Charter, Charter ...
Chaswms,

What version of ODN Navigator do you have now with the B button Auto-Search restoration? I think your Signature shows the non-updated version.

Satch

Last edited by Satch Man; 06-13-2015 at 05:29 PM.
post #19029 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Chaswms,

What version of ODN Navigator do you have now with the B button Auto-Search restoration? I think your Signature shows the non-updated version.

Satch
@satch,
What versions of navigator and aloader do you have on your DCX3510, that is, if you really have one?
Tell us first.

p.s. The version in your sig [-ODN 7.3] does not exist, period. And you know that.

-nony

Last edited by nony; 06-13-2015 at 04:07 PM.
post #19030 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Chaswms,

Satch
No, not B button Auto-Search, but Auto HD detection, or whatever we or TWC are calling it. i.e. 33/201/1201 *all* point to either USA HD or USA SD, depending on your resolution settings.

ODN 7.3.1_6, Cisco 8742HDC, Dayton Ohio
post #19031 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
@satch,
What versions of navigator and aloader do you have on your DCX3510, that is, if you really have one?
Tell us first.

p.s. The version in your sig [-ODN 7.3] does not exist, period. And you know that.

-nony
I got to take out that version number,

I know a guy that went into those settings and it messed up his box. I don't have the latest version with the B button auto search. It's the build before that version. Why would I lie about the box I had? Or the circumstances that led to it?

Satch

post #19032 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswms View Post
No, not B button Auto-Search, but Auto HD detection, or whatever we or TWC are calling it. i.e. 33/201/1201 *all* point to either USA HD or USA SD, depending on your resolution settings.
The Auto HD is nice,

That is provided that you don't have a legacy box (SA) that only has the 160GB of space. (The SA boxes fill up too fast with HD programs.) No Auto-HD in Wisconsin. Nebraska is getting it this month. They may have it now.

Satch

post #19033 of 19047 Old 06-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I got to take out that version number,

I know a guy that went into those settings and it messed up his box. I don't have the latest version with the B button auto search. It's the build before that version. Why would I lie about the box I had? Or the circumstances that led to it?

Satch
You are confused. We are talking about the ODN diag screens that everyone has been using to report their software versions for many years, not field tools. Also, you recently posted on TWC naming conventions for their ODN software releases, and went into great detail.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30071065-

Seriously,

This is so basic. How do you think everyone else reports back to you when you ask them for their versions?
You were told by joeb99 (TWC tech support, and he's the goto guy) http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30075590 -that there is absolutely no risk whatsoever, when he asked you which versions you were running, [when you suggested that you were helping someone else (presumably @chaswms on this forum)] And if you still think its risky, why are you putting other folks at risk?

The only thing at risk is your reputation [and human beings/corporations will go to extremes to protect their reputations]
---
1. press Select for 10 seconds until the message indicator flashes
2. hit the Down key
3. Write down what you see
4. press exit
---
If you are unwilling to do this, you have no business pretending that you are capable of helping anyone. If you are unable to do this because you don't have a TWC STB, then fess up.
---
Code:
Satch,

Kindly let us know what set top box you really have, and your software versions. 

"New Cisco 8742 Box Review!
I  just had my rusty crusty SA-8300HDC box replaced by an AWESOME tech,  who gave us a new Cisco 8742. But at first, for like about an hour the  Advanced Search was not available and the thing would not stop rebooting  every 10 minutes and took forever to get updates.

I had to do a  cold reboot followed by another unexpected boot up. Finally, the box is  stable and has been ok for the past two hours. The cloud advanced search  came on. I still have a tentative appointment to check out the line and  signals tomorrow morning, unless the box behaves great for the next  twelve hours or so.

I love the speed of the box. The new advanced  search is amazing! One critique I have is that when you go to schedule a  show for the DVR, there is no little icon indicator where you are in  the navigation process. The colors for Record Show vs. Record Series are  not definitive. The VOD cover art is very cool, and I love seeing the  box guide in HD for the first time.

I said to the tech, "I love  TWC services, but you really need to purge those SA boxes." He laughed  and said, "I know, we are trying to get rid of them." I said, "You got a  box made after 1990?" He laughed and said, "I can give you one from  1989!!!" hahahaha He check the build date of my four year old  SA-8300HDC, and said "2005." I thought that the HDC's weren't made until  2007. Maybe he was joking.

Love the 500GB hard drive."

Your  sig suggests that you have an Arris-DCX3510M DVR, Guide Version -ODN  7.3, but your posts indicate otherwise. 
-nony
You finally move from an 8300 to an 8742, after all these years, and then mysteriously go to a DCX3510.
So you held on to your brand new 8742 for how many hours?

-nony

Last edited by nony; 06-14-2015 at 12:51 AM.
post #19034 of 19047 Old 06-14-2015, 01:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You are confused. We are talking about the ODN diag screens that everyone has been using to report their software versions for many years, not field tools. Also, you recently posted on TWC naming conventions for their ODN software releases, and went into great detail.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30071065-

Seriously,

This is so basic. How do you think everyone else reports back to you when you ask them for their versions?
You were told by joeb99 (TWC tech support, and he's the goto guy) http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30075590 -that there is absolutely no risk whatsoever, when he asked you which versions you were running, [when you suggested that you were helping someone else (presumably @chaswms on this forum)] And if you still think its risky, why are you putting other folks at risk?

The only thing at risk is your reputation [and human beings/corporations will go to extremes to protect their reputations]
---
1. press Select for 10 seconds until the message indicator flashes
2. hit the Down key
3. Write down what you see
4. press exit
---
If you are unwilling to do this, you have no business pretending that you are capable of helping anyone. If you are unable to do this because you don't have a TWC STB, then fess up.
---
Code:
Satch,

Kindly let us know what set top box you really have, and your software versions. 

"New Cisco 8742 Box Review!
I  just had my rusty crusty SA-8300HDC box replaced by an AWESOME tech,  who gave us a new Cisco 8742. But at first, for like about an hour the  Advanced Search was not available and the thing would not stop rebooting  every 10 minutes and took forever to get updates.

I had to do a  cold reboot followed by another unexpected boot up. Finally, the box is  stable and has been ok for the past two hours. The cloud advanced search  came on. I still have a tentative appointment to check out the line and  signals tomorrow morning, unless the box behaves great for the next  twelve hours or so.

I love the speed of the box. The new advanced  search is amazing! One critique I have is that when you go to schedule a  show for the DVR, there is no little icon indicator where you are in  the navigation process. The colors for Record Show vs. Record Series are  not definitive. The VOD cover art is very cool, and I love seeing the  box guide in HD for the first time.

I said to the tech, "I love  TWC services, but you really need to purge those SA boxes." He laughed  and said, "I know, we are trying to get rid of them." I said, "You got a  box made after 1990?" He laughed and said, "I can give you one from  1989!!!" hahahaha He check the build date of my four year old  SA-8300HDC, and said "2005." I thought that the HDC's weren't made until  2007. Maybe he was joking.

Love the 500GB hard drive."

Your  sig suggests that you have an Arris-DCX3510M DVR, Guide Version -ODN  7.3, but your posts indicate otherwise. 
-nony
You finally move from an 8300 to an 8742, after all these years, and then mysteriously go to a DCX3510.
So you held on to your brand new 8742 for how many hours?

-nony
No Nony,

That's not right. I had the Cisco 8742 for about three to four weeks and it would get into one to three hours of reboots during that time. (This was a new box on an exchange of the SA-8300HDC that I had for about fibr years. Not sure of the exact number of years. Swapped out the SA because some menus got stuck even after all the reboot stuff.) The Cisco 8742 started it's reboot cycles about ten minutes after the tech left. We let it go because I thought it was a new box and needed to get updates.

For about two weeks or so the box was fine. But than there was a Tennis tournament on at like 5am and the family watched it live. About 6:30 the box went into a reboot and did not complete a reboot for about four hours. Finally it settled down and stopped rebooting about 10:00am-10:30. When the tech came the box was fine. But I said "This is like the third time that this box, supposedly new, has gone into a three hour reboot cycle and not completed".

He checked the line and said the signals were good. He told us that the box really should have no more than 1-2 reboots following an install. "You got most likely a bad box." He had the Arris model on his truck and hooked it up. It only went through the boot cycle on power up. He made some adjustments to the box, and tested something, than did another manual boot up and the box was fine.

On the same visit, I also said that my Internet goes down like twice a month. I have TWC-Turbo. Our modem was from 2007 and he was really surprised it lasted that long. He said, "We don't even make those anymore." He replaced the modem with an Arris modem and my Internet has been excellent since. I do have my own router that I have had for about five years to save the $12 wireless monthly charge, so we'll see what happens there.

He was an excellent tech. Arrived on time, was cool with explaning things, and very helpful! The time grid navigation function is slower on the Arris box. Very fast on the Cisco. But other menus are slick. No PIP on the Arris boxes. Same with the Samsungs I'm told. Although I have never had a Samsung box.

Satch

post #19035 of 19047 Old 06-14-2015, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No Nony,

That's not right.
<snip>
Satch
OK. Enjoy your DCX3510!
What versions are you running?
Could you get a DCX3600 if you wanted one?

-nony

Last edited by nony; 06-14-2015 at 04:33 AM.
post #19036 of 19047 Old 06-14-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
OK. Enjoy your DCX3510!
What versions are you running?
Could you get a DCX3600 if you wanted one?

-nony
Not sure on the versions,

I don't want to go into the Diags Menu to find out. Like I said, a guy did that and it messed up his box. I used to go to the Diags channel 1900 which hurt nothing and you could get your software version that way. They don't have that anymore. It is the same build that people with Navigator in most areas had since January.

I should just ask TWC what ODN version we have. I get all the modern box features but not the added guide filters like Sports and Kids. It is said you have to have the new Theme line-up for that.

Yes, I could get the six-tuner box, but don't need one. Only have one TV and don't do a lot of recording.

Satch

Last edited by Satch Man; 06-14-2015 at 05:54 PM.
post #19037 of 19047 Old 06-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

30 Second Skip

Here's how to program a 30 second skip on a TWC remote - (Tested on a UR5U-8780L-TWC )

We are going to program a Macro button that will execute the following six key presses-
1. Fast Forward
2. Fast Forward
3. Fast forward
4. Pause
5. Pause
6. Play
The above sequence will fast forward about 30 seconds**, after we program a Macro key as follows:

Identify the Macro Key you want to program, I'm going to choose the [KIDS] button
1. Press the [CBL] button to select the CBL mode
2. Press and hold the [KIDS] button and [OK/SEL] button simultaneously for 3 seconds. The [CBL] button will light up for 30 seconds
3. Press the [FF] button
4. Press the [FF] button
5. Press the [FF] button
6. Press the [PAUSE] button
7. Press the [PAUSE] button
8. Press the [PLAY] button
9. Press the [CH-UP] button to store the above sequence. The [CBL] button will blink twice to confirm successful storage.

And voila! A single press of the [KIDS] button will produce a 30 second skip.

**DVR Compensation was set to Normal in Settings, which is the default. If set otherwise, the timing will vary.

Note: On the UR5U-8780L-TWC the following keys can be programmed/reprogrammed to behave as Macro keys/Favorite keys: [SYSTEM], [OnDEMAND], [MOVIES], [PRIMETIME], [KIDS], [*], and [LIGHT].
---
-nony

Last edited by nony; 06-14-2015 at 08:06 PM.
post #19038 of 19047 Old 06-17-2015, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know the latest Time Warner DVR available? We have had a Cisco 8742 HDC for about a year now and would like a DVR with 4 tuners and a remote that can be used without multiple button presses at a distance of about 8 feet. The remote is my biggest beef. Unless I'm 2' from the box, I often have to press a button multiple times to have it register. The DVR is out in the open without obstruction, and I changed the batteries and cleaned the DVR front panel. This is the worst remote reception I've ever used. If there's no new box, can someone suggest a radio > IR blaster for this box?
post #19039 of 19047 Old 06-17-2015, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0dd View Post
Does anyone know the latest Time Warner DVR available? We have had a Cisco 8742 HDC for about a year now and would like a DVR with 4 tuners and a remote that can be used without multiple button presses at a distance of about 8 feet. The remote is my biggest beef. Unless I'm 2' from the box, I often have to press a button multiple times to have it register. The DVR is out in the open without obstruction, and I changed the batteries and cleaned the DVR front panel. This is the worst remote reception I've ever used. If there's no new box, can someone suggest a radio > IR blaster for this box?
I had a similar problem, did all the same things ---no luck. Swapped out the remote, problem fixed. You never know....
post #19040 of 19047 Old 06-18-2015, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In the charlotte area you can get a 6 tuner dvr CISCO 9865 or ARRIS DCX 3600.
post #19041 of 19047 Old 06-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0dd View Post
Yes, swap the remote first. Never this issue with my 8742 at 10 feet without a glitch unless the batteries are very weak (after many months of use). /Dan
post #19042 of 19047 Old 06-24-2015, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by danki6x View Post
Only one I know is to take a picture with a camera and reload each one.... Where would the back-up go? /Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmikey View Post
I was given a procedure a couple years back here in Greensboro NC that enabled me to back up and restore the series manager settings on my Samsung SMT3272 DVRs. I seem to have misplaced this procedure. Is there someone who knows what I am talking about and can provide it to me?

Bear in mind it only backs up and restores the series manager settings. It does not do anything for recorded programs.

Thank you
On the Samsung DVRs, hold down the OK/SEL button for 7 seconds and release the button. Then press and release EXIT, Quick Settings, Left Arrow. You will now be in the Field Tools menu. Select Save Settings and follow the prompts. Make sure you WRITE THE CODE DOWN. Once you've swapped the box, follow the same steps and select Restore settings, instead of save. Key in the code with the number pad on the remote and select OK. This will pull down the Series manager back to your new DVR. Dan - it is stored on our cloud. For how long, I'm not sure.
post #19043 of 19047 Old 06-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoy Better View Post
On the Samsung DVRs, hold down the OK/SEL button for 7 seconds and release the button. Then press and release EXIT, Quick Settings, Left Arrow. You will now be in the Field Tools menu. Select Save Settings and follow the prompts. Make sure you WRITE THE CODE DOWN. Once you've swapped the box, follow the same steps and select Restore settings, instead of save. Key in the code with the number pad on the remote and select OK. This will pull down the Series manager back to your new DVR. Dan - it is stored on our cloud. For how long, I'm not sure.
That is wonderful! I hope it works if I need it since my list is getting quite long. Now we need a transfer the recordings function. When I have a bad box I can live with for a while need to watch everything before the change (usually late summer best time for that). Of the, I think, 3 I have had to swap out, one was an emergency and lost items. The others I could have swapped earlier and not had to have watching marathons if I could have copied the shows. Even when I had an external drive it would not then work on a new box (because box specific coded and because future boxes dropped the ability for external drives). /Dan
post #19044 of 19047 Old 06-24-2015, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Question "Please wait..."

Hello.

This one/1 was new to me after I turned on the Arris/Motorola DCX3510 DVR after 10 PM PDT while it was recording my scheduled Mr. Robot pilot. It said "Please wait." for a few seconds. And then, I clicked on Menu and it also said the same for a few seconds.

What's up? Was it a software upgrade or something? I last used the DVR was late last night to watch my recorded NBC's I Can Do That episode. Has anyone run into this before?

Thank you in advance.
post #19045 of 19047 Old 06-25-2015, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoy Better View Post
It's not working for me. I recall there being a Field Tools menu when I was given the procedure a few years back. But when I follow your procedure the Field Tools menu is not there. I am pressing Sel for 7 secs, release it then press Exit and release it, then press Settings and release, then left arrow. and the Field Tools menu does not appear. Am I doing something wrong?

ncmikey
TWC Signature Home 2-SMT3272 DVR, ODN 7.3.1_6
post #19046 of 19047 Old Today, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Hello.

This one/1 was new to me after I turned on the Arris/Motorola DCX3510 DVR after 10 PM PDT while it was recording my scheduled Mr. Robot pilot. It said "Please wait." for a few seconds. And then, I clicked on Menu and it also said the same for a few seconds.

What's up? Was it a software upgrade or something? I last used the DVR was late last night to watch my recorded NBC's I Can Do That episode. Has anyone run into this before?

Thank you in advance.
Isn't "Please Wait..." when the SDV is syncing up. Sometimes it is not instant and sometimes it never syncs and says Channel not Available but leave and go back it will be OK. /Dan
phildaant likes this.
post #19047 of 19047 Old Today, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by danki6x View Post
Isn't "Please Wait..." when the SDV is syncing up. Sometimes it is not instant and sometimes it never syncs and says Channel not Available but leave and go back it will be OK. /Dan
I guess. It is rare I see it happen. I usually see it on VoD, but on local live channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page