Time Warner Cable Navigator - Page 636 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 193Likes

post #19051 of 19064 Old 07-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmikey View Post
Thanks that's the procedure I remember now, but unfortunately I just tried it and it no longer works. I can't seem to get the "Field Tools" menu to come up.
Power off a b c settings power on settings scroll left one time voilà
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19052 of 19064 Old 07-08-2015, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmikey View Post
It's not working for me. I recall there being a Field Tools menu when I was given the procedure a few years back. But when I follow your procedure the Field Tools menu is not there. I am pressing Sel for 7 secs, release it then press Exit and release it, then press Settings and release, then left arrow. and the Field Tools menu does not appear. Am I doing something wrong?
Can anyone tell me what the functions in field tools actually do ? I have a Cisco 8742 hdc
Reset NV RAM ?
Reformat hard drive -self explanatory
Display diagnostics -same as hold select and down
Reload catalogs ?
Clear NV RAM ?
The rest I have figured out I just don't want screw anything up ! In the other diagnostic menu the Hold select and press up as I scroll thru the manufacturer diagnostics it shows the hard drive as drive 0 which is the wd5000 green that came with the box but just below it says drive 1 and all the stats are 0s does this mean there's room for a second internal hard drive in the box ? I own a hopper with sling 2tb which has a seagate ST2000VM003 I was thinking maybe it would be possible to remove that drive and reformat it to factory settings so it's wiped and wasn't sure if it would just plug in to a possible 2nd slot in the box if there is no second slot what are the chances swapping hard drives completely would work ? I have 2 of these Cisco boxes and a Cisco digital tuner but I have 5 kids and honestly the 1Tb total capacity for the two dvr boxes isn't enough internal memory I'm new to the forum and I can't get enough of reading all this useful information but i never seem to be able to locate the actual info I am searching for ! Also what benefits does the upgraded membership for the site have ?
post #19053 of 19064 Old 07-11-2015, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Question Can't watch my movie/film rental on other cable boxes beside DVR?

Hello.

I rented a movie/film (American Sniper HD) from TWC's VoD for $5.99 earlier tonight. I paused about half-way to eat my dinner. I was going to watch it on the other HDTV with its non-DVR cable box (Arris/Motorola DCX3200M), but it said to buy. I was able to resume on the original box (DVR). Is buying a rental only for the box (Arris/Motorola DCX3510 DVR) it was bought on?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by phildaant; 07-11-2015 at 11:28 PM.
post #19054 of 19064 Old 07-14-2015, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi guys, seeing a lot of different diagnostics menu settings here, trying to get some clarification.

On TWC with Motorola DCX3510, DVR has disabled itself. Power cycle did not fix. I can get to the Diagnostic Menu by hitting power off, then "Select/OK', and I can get to the regular settings by hitting power off, then "menu", but I can't seem to find where to do a software reset (the kind that reloads the firmware but doesn't wipe the hard drive). Anyone?
phildaant likes this.
post #19055 of 19064 Old 07-14-2015, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorroboto View Post
Hi guys, seeing a lot of different diagnostics menu settings here, trying to get some clarification.

On TWC with Motorola DCX3510, DVR has disabled itself. Power cycle did not fix. I can get to the Diagnostic Menu by hitting power off, then "Select/OK', and I can get to the regular settings by hitting power off, then "menu", but I can't seem to find where to do a software reset (the kind that reloads the firmware but doesn't wipe the hard drive). Anyone?
You might want to ask in here too:
http://forums.timewarnercable.com/
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/twc
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/timewarnerdirect
post #19056 of 19064 Old 07-19-2015, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 48
TWC Auto HD Now Activated in Milwaukee Wisconsin

Been waiting for this!

Auto HD is now on TWC, which means that you don't have to punch the 1 button first to get the HD station. (Although the old method still works.)

Satch

Arris-DCX3510M DVR with TWC Navigator Guide
Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin
post #19057 of 19064 Old 07-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 184
What about ppl who dont want HD,they just want a standard picture like they always had and liked? (SD)
phildaant likes this.
post #19058 of 19064 Old 07-20-2015, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 60
1. Buy a Happauge capture card hook the analog outputs up.
2. Capture the video
3. Download a tool called VideoRedo and set to crop to 4:3
4. Set encoder to MPEG2 and 640x480 - make sure to use a high enough compression to get artifacts
5. ...
6. Profit?
post #19059 of 19064 Old 07-21-2015, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
SD only people can use an SD box, but if an HD box is set to 480i (SD), then you will get SD channels, which disables auto HD.
post #19060 of 19064 Old 07-21-2015, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
San Diego is at ODN v7.3.2_20. Not many changes, but the search app on Advanced boxes has a preview window. Not much else for changes, but the guide lists the user selected filtering option, and there are likely bug fixes under the hood.
post #19061 of 19064 Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005
SD only people can use an SD box, but if an HD box is set to 480i (SD), then you will get SD channels, which disables auto HD.

Well thats goood to know they havent cut ppl off!!
post #19062 of 19064 Old Today, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005 View Post
San Diego is at ODN v7.3.2_20. Not many changes, but the search app on Advanced boxes has a preview window. Not much else for changes, but the guide lists the user selected filtering option, and there are likely bug fixes under the hood.
Playing recordings is a pain now. You hit Play to start one. Then when done you need to move to Delete, then verify YES you want to delete, then you end up back in the list instead of on live TV. I know they probably had people accidentally delete things, but too many button pushes to kill things now and could not find an option to "not verify delete" or the like. /Dan
phildaant likes this.
post #19063 of 19064 Old Today, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 53
TWC HBO-HD Movie Pixelation

Since we have a bunch of knowledgeable TWC customers here, I hope it's ok to post this question.

We recorded John Wick from one of the HBO-HD channels the other day, and watched it last night.

The Dolby Digital 5.1 sound was fine, but the video had picture pixilation around fast moving picture elements. It happened about 10 times that were very noticeable and spaced through-out the whole movie.

No other live or recorded content does this. It appears their selected video compression or bit-rate is too aggressive on this channel or movie.

My question is ...

Who should I notify (that would actually get to the right people and make a difference)? TWC or HBO? Also, best way to contact them.
phildaant likes this.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 1080p Projector (96") / Panasonic TH-46pz850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 7.2 HDMI Audio/Video Amplifier/Receiver (630 watts)
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TimeWarner)
Harmony 670 - Universal Remote / HTPC (XMBC/Win7-64) Media Server PC
Polk Audio Monitor Series II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / PSW505 12-Inch Sub
post #19064 of 19064 Old Today, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
Since we have a bunch of knowledgeable TWC customers here, I hope it's ok to post this question.

We recorded John Wick from one of the HBO-HD channels the other day, and watched it last night.

The Dolby Digital 5.1 sound was fine, but the video had picture pixilation around fast moving picture elements. It happened about 10 times that were very noticeable and spaced through-out the whole movie.

No other live or recorded content does this. It appears their selected video compression or bit-rate is too aggressive on this channel or movie.

My question is ...

Who should I notify (that would actually get to the right people and make a difference)? TWC or HBO? Also, best way to contact them.
Maybe both?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders