Time Warner Cable Navigator - Page 638 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch Man View Post
... snip ... Satch
Hey Satch, thanks but Been there, Done all that:
- Drop was replaced a month ago. The problem was due to another doofus tech troubleshooting, removing my drop and then not reconnecting it. New tech decided to replace it 'just in case'.
- Can't recall exactly, but I believe the big ODN update happened just a few days after the drop repair.
- PG updates seem to be stalling after about a week after a cold reboot, hard to see a pattern yet.
- IMO the ODN update or something related upstream could impact performance. The small rodent CPU in the STB can only do so much at a time. When they fix / add a feature for the blessed DVR users, we non-DVR users can get hosed .... and hosed. The term 'golden shower' was invented for us.

The other bit of damning evidence is after a NatGeo program started pixelating, I tried the available 'Start Over' faux-DVR and lo-and-behold the pixelation was on the 'recording'. This has to occur at the head end or wherever upstream the S.O. function lives. Unfortunately I mainly see it on cable-only channels without S.O.

I may have reported this via dslreports TWC Direct, but I need to double check.

Disgusted TWC non-DVR subscriber. Dish & DirecTV - almost identical expensive tiers. AT&T U-verse - Sorry, Not Available except to Upscale demographic areas.
SetTopBox: Motorola DCX3200-M (non DVR), ODN v7.3.2_20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement