Time Warner Cable Navigator - Page 643 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 257Likes
post #19261 of 19264 Unread 09-21-2016, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Long time since I posted in this thread, but the TWC Roku App got spectrum'd some time between yesterday and at the time I posted this
and of course now it won't work, but maybe a re-install will fix it
quick edit: release date update shows September 21st.

Time Warner Cable North East Ohio
SA 4250 HDC no more
Cisco 4742 HDC
Let's Go Bucs!

Last edited by shooter21198; 09-21-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19262 of 19264 Unread 09-25-2016, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Yes they are quickly messing up what time warner had!!!!!! (I wonder if time warner could say NO we dont wanna change things)
phildaant likes this.
post #19263 of 19264 Unread 09-25-2016, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswms View Post
I'd had enough with my two-tuner DVR. It required me to play games with start/end times; or to watch a third channel "live" - previously directly via the TV, once our division went all-digital, via the little "DTA" converter. So I decided to order a six-tuner "Enhanced" DVR.
chaswms,

An unrelated question: how did you get the DTA to work alongside the DVR? I have a two-tuner DVR and ordered a DTA when they took away the unscrambled channels so I could watch a third channel live. I was told the DTA would have a separate remote that did not clash with the DVR, but that turned out to be incorrect. When I used the DTA remote to change a channel, it changed the channel on the DVR as well...

Robbie
post #19264 of 19264 Unread 09-26-2016, 05:06 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by voranis View Post
....An unrelated question: how did you get the DTA to work alongside the DVR? I have a two-tuner DVR and ordered a DTA when they took away the unscrambled channels so I could watch a third channel live. I was told the DTA would have a separate remote that did not clash with the DVR, but that turned out to be incorrect. When I used the DTA remote to change a channel, it changed the channel on the DVR as well...
It would be helpful if folks would give the brands and model numbers of their DTAs, DVRs, Cable Boxes, and the Remotes, it would greatly help figure out what's going on, and how to work around things if possible.

When the DTA boxes in my area (Cisco DTA 170HD) were first released two years ago they were controlled via IR and mine use the same IR codes as my Cisco and Arris DVRs. The remote that came with it is HDA-IR2.2 and transmits IR to the box. Mine came with a little IR Receiver module so i can hide the box and leave the little mouse thingy under the TV to receive the IR signal.

But some newer DTA boxes are controlled by RF only (not IR) to enable you to hide the box and not have an IR receiver mouse dangling about, and the little remote they supply with these transmits RF to control the DTA box, but transmits IR to control the TV's Volume and Power. This RF box is the Cisco DTA 271HD, and the remote is HDA-RF2.2

If you have Cisco equipment, i presume you have the IR DTA with the HDA-IR2.2 remote (notice IR in the model number, where its RF on the newer setup). And if this is what you have, i'd take it back to the TWC office and see if they can replace it with a Cisco DTA 271HD and the HDA-RF2.2 RF remote. This way you can control the RF DTA and your DVR will ignore the signal.

But since Charter/Spectrum doesn't use DTA boxes, they may not give you one now since the switch over to Spectrum.

-------------

Randy
Sony 55W800B, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Series3 & Premiere, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890, MX-780, R40, MX-450, MX-500 Remotes.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders