Time Warner Cable Navigator - Page 646 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 300Likes
post #19351 of 19359 Old 03-09-2017, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
I have seen this repeatedly on my Cisco 8640 ever since the ODN8 upgrade. It appears that the error is in the box obtaining all the additional episodic information that's been added in the 8.0 upgrade (even though when you're looking to play back something you recorded locally you probably don't give a darn about that). Unfortunately, when the additional information doesn't load, you never are offered the chance to just watch local recording. From what I've observed, once these errors start appearing for a show, they never go away on their own. Rebooting the box does clear the errors, but not always immediately... it typically takes 10-15 minutes after the reboot has finished for the previously missing episodic information to be downloaded and available... then you can go ahead and watch your show that was sitting there all along.

While in a perfect world it could be nice to see all available episodes from all available sources, it can't come at the expense of the most basic functionality the DVR is supposed to provide. I have to say that I'm happy that the basic recording functionality appears to be as reliable as ever (very good... essentially 100% for me, both now and historically for Navigator), but having to jump through hoops when you want to watch something that's already been recorded is, at best, annoying.
Ah, I am not alone then. Good. I will let know TWC/Charter know then. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19352 of 19359 Old 03-09-2017, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
twc here in honolulu- my TWC/cisco 9865hdc DVR updated last month to new software- having same issues as others loading recorded material taking forever, saying not available, etc. Other thing i noticed is i set the options for video on DVR to save 1080i, 720p, 480i so video is passed thru to TV & not upconverted by DVR. Next day when i check these settings only 1080i is active & i have to reset 720p/480i again each time box is turned on. (this is new with latest software).
other item thats been around with box since i got it- is when the box is re-booted or power goes off- the DVR only outputs PCM 2.0- with no 5.1 dolby digital. I have to go into DVR digital audio settings & go thru each setting moving from HDMI (which is what its set on)- to Dolby, then to 3rd one, then back to HDMI for the 5.1 dolby to be output-
post #19353 of 19359 Old 03-11-2017, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have TWC signature home with whole house dvr. One of the dvr is broken. Won’t power on. Now that spectrum has taken over I read they don’t have whole house dvr. When I call to replace the box for another am I going to lose having whole house dvr or since I’m still under TWC signature home plan they will replace the box but I’ll still have whole house dvr? Does anyone know?

post #19354 of 19359 Old 03-11-2017, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsgts View Post
I have TWC signature home with whole house dvr. One of the dvr is broken. Won’t power on. Now that spectrum has taken over I read they don’t have whole house dvr. When I call to replace the box for another am I going to lose having whole house dvr or since I’m still under TWC signature home plan they will replace the box but I’ll still have whole house dvr? Does anyone know?
Good question! Please let us know what happens.
phildaant likes this.
post #19355 of 19359 Unread Today, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsgts View Post
Don't change to a "Spectrum" plan and you should OK. Change and lose Whole Home, any 6 tuner DVR, and any Tuning Adapter. Do gain 2 tuner DVR on each TV for I think it was 4-5 TVs before additional costs (kept my 6-tuner TWC plan and pay about $10 more).

/Dan
phildaant likes this.
post #19356 of 19359 Unread Today, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by danki6x View Post
Don't change to a "Spectrum" plan and you should OK. Change and lose Whole Home, any 6 tuner DVR, and any Tuning Adapter. Do gain 2 tuner DVR on each TV for I think it was 4-5 TVs before additional costs (kept my 6-tuner TWC plan and pay about $10 more).

/Dan
So, do you get the same 6-tuners if it breaks down? I read that they don't give those out anymore even for those on TWC plans.
post #19357 of 19359 Unread Today, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Probably not.....Ya gotta probably fight for it and hope you get another......
post #19358 of 19359 Unread Today, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Probably not.....Ya gotta probably fight for it and hope you get another......
I wonder if anyone did that yet. I miss old TWC!
post #19359 of 19359 Unread Today, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
So, do you get the same 6-tuners if it breaks down? I read that they don't give those out anymore even for those on TWC plans.
I hope I do not have to fin I though have had good luck sweet talking "special services". They hopefully will find me a turn in or something. /Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders