post #2791 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinmarty View Post

Well, the cable guyS (yes, plural) were here yesterday after a one-week wait.

Did they do anything? Yes, watched a Bruce Willis movie with me for a few minutes and shot the breeze.

Did they bring me a brand-new, non-refurbished SA8300HDC like the Support girl on the phone requested? No, and they said they have no ability to do so.

Did they fix anything? Nope, but they apologized for coming to my house multiple times when they know there is no problem with the box or with the house wiring.

I told them the cable can be working fine (as it is presently) and then begin some digital tiling and deteriorate to a blank screen in a period of ten minutes. It may be down an hour or a day or two, then comes back whenever it feels like it, then it's working fine when they get to the house. They said the same thing happens to them. They escalate a call but by the time the PM guy gets there, everything is working fine.

-Marty

p.s. AND, I had my first spontaneous reboot yesteray around 16:30.

The above information sounds not only typical of TWC, but cable operators throughout the USA! hahaha! The best one was You Tubed about a year ago. It got tons of hits, showing a Comcast tech SLEEPING on his customer's couch while waiting for his main office to activate a box!

An hour or two of downtime is bad, but a day or to! That's BS! I feel your pain. (and I don't even have Navigator yet!) Did they say anything that was constructive?

Jack

SA-8300-HDC: TWC Navigator: ODN 7.2.11

Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by davehancock
...BTW: Did you pick up the references to preventing FF through commercials and inserting special commercials? Any way to make an extra buck.

I really hope they forgot about that by now, i.e. perhaps they've come to their senses and realized that a major part of the appeal of "PVR" is skipping commercials.

Anybody else remember W A Y back when cable TV was being introduced and they were pitching the concept of "pay TV" as a way to eliminate advertising from your nightly TV diet? (in the context of "Why would anyone in their right mind pay for a TV signal we can get over the air?" "Wouldn't it be great not to have to watch commercials?" Kinda like what they say now about satellite TV.

-Marty

I was really talking about those plans for the REAL MYSTRO - the system that was based on the actual program storage being on a central server - not on your DVR. Also note, that TW HAS implemented a version of this, called "Start-Over" where you can tune into programs in progress and are offered the option to start viewing that program from the beginning. That option does not permit FF, and insertion of alternate commercials has not been done to date.

Again, there is a huge difference between these network based DVR "solutions" - the first of which were code named "Mystro" and on-premises DVRs and Interactive Program Guide software - Navigator, even though TW has, at times, continued to use the "Mystro" code names.

Dave Hancock
post #2793 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch Man View Post

The above information sounds not only typical of TWC, but cable operators throughout the USA! hahaha! The best one was You Tubed about a year ago. It got tons of hits, showing a Comcast tech SLEEPING on his customer's couch while waiting for his main office to activate a box!

An hour or two of downtime is bad, but a day or to! That's BS! I feel your pain. (and I don't even have Navigator yet!) Did they say anything that was constructive?

Jack

Maybe it depends on your local office or even local tech. Several months ago when I had issues with my box, I called TWC on Friday night (around 9); a tech came next day (Saturday) around noon, checked the recording log (with its many "channel not available" messages), brought me the new box, had it authorized, waited until it booted, confirmed that it worked and left; the longest time was the actual booting of the box. I could not ask for much better service (well, I could ask for the box not to break to start with). Then again, maybe at the time (September) they had a lot of new boxes laying around, and now they don't. Or, maybe the fact that I was new as digital cable customer and that, in my area, I could easily switch to satelite, had something to do with it.
post #2794 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:

Jack

The worst thing about the multi-day outages is they tend to hit during my time off where I could be watching TV, such as Christmas vacation. They got me with that the first year I moved to this house. Here I was with my brand-new 65" Mitsubishi HDTV and 5.1 sound, watching DVDs because the @!(*&#)@(&_ cable was out.

That's one thing (of many) TWC does not seem to comprehend. It doesn't matter if the cable is up and working great 95% of the time. If it's down the one time I try to watch something, then it is down "all the time" as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing the cable guys said that was kind of consructive was that they discussed between themselves how my service comes down route such & such and so does Othertown (where they're always having problems) and that they've told Mike (must be their manager) that somebody needs to fix that area.

I think the only thing I can do is keep placing Service calls until they get so sick of it that they fix something. Only thing is, I usually get sick of it first. It is a real pain waiting hours for their callbacks, then sitting on the phone for an hour while some idiot makes me reboot three times because she cannot comprehend that the problem is out in their network. Then the day of the service call I have to stay home & babysit the cable guy. Then if you get a contractor, they always want to do something so they can turn in their work-order, so they want to change fittings or splitters or ground blocks even though it has been done to death.

TWC is a prime example of how you can take a bunch of well-meaning, technically competent individuals who are all doing their jobs, and subject them to a bureacracy that makes them totally incompetent, ineffective and even disrespectful to their customers.

-Marty
post #2795 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock View Post

I was really talking about those plans for the REAL MYSTRO - the system that was based on the actual program storage being on a central server - not on your DVR. Also note, that TW HAS implemented a version of this, called "Start-Over" where you can tune into programs in progress and are offered the option to start viewing that program from the beginning. That option does not permit FF, and insertion of alternate commercials has not been done to date.

Again, there is a huge difference between these network based DVR "solutions" - the first of which were code named "Mystro" and on-premises DVRs and Interactive Program Guide software - Navigator, even though TW has, at times, continued to use the "Mystro" code names.

I see the distinction. I would say (hope? predict?) that in the long run, everything is going "On Demand". I should be able to watch whatever I want whenever I want, more like the Internet. How crappy would it be if you could only go to Amazon.com at 8PM on Tuesdays? Obviously some things will have to be tweaked a little, oh, like the SuperBowl for example, the news, the stock market. For those, I guess the best we can do is "Start-Over" because FF is going to be tough with live events.

Cross your fingers. I'm going downstairs to try to watch TV now.

-Marty
post #2796 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 04:02 PM

Sadly Navigator needs keyword search badly but I bet we never see it for for a LONG LONG LONG time if ever. SARA 1.89.17.1 Greensboro NC
post #2797 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Well, the cable guyS (yes, plural) were here yesterday after a one-week wait.

Did they do anything? Yes, watched a Bruce Willis movie with me for a few minutes and shot the breeze.

Did they bring me a brand-new, non-refurbished SA8300HDC like the Support girl on the phone requested? No, and they said they have no ability to do so.

Did they fix anything? Nope, but they apologized for coming to my house multiple times when they know there is no problem with the box or with the house wiring.

I told them the cable can be working fine (as it is presently) and then begin some digital tiling and deteriorate to a blank screen in a period of ten minutes. It may be down an hour or a day or two, then comes back whenever it feels like it, then it's working fine when they get to the house. They said the same thing happens to them. They escalate a call but by the time the PM guy gets there, everything is working fine.

-Marty

p.s. AND, I had my first spontaneous reboot yesteray around 16:30.

If they can't bring you a NEW, NON-REFURBISHED HDC, I would call and b*tch them out and ask for a 8300HD(no C). I was ready to tear Time Warner a new one when I took my box back. I went to the office at Midway Palza and I actually got a 8300HD without having to specificaly ask for it. And in the 3 weeks of having the 8300HD, I've had no reboots, no recording issues and no freeze ups. Getting an 8300HD is like a lightning strike or winning the lottery, but it's worth a shot.
post #2798 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The worst thing about the multi-day outages is they tend to hit during my time off where I could be watching TV, such as Christmas vacation. They got me with that the first year I moved to this house. Here I was with my brand-new 65" Mitsubishi HDTV and 5.1 sound, watching DVDs because the @!(*&#)@(&_ cable was out.

That's one thing (of many) TWC does not seem to comprehend. It doesn't matter if the cable is up and working great 95% of the time. If it's down the one time I try to watch something, then it is down "all the time" as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing the cable guys said that was kind of constructive was that they discussed between themselves how my service comes down route such & such and so does Othertown (where they're always having problems) and that they've told Mike (must be their manager) that somebody needs to fix that area.

I think the only thing I can do is keep placing Service calls until they get so sick of it that they fix something. Only thing is, I usually get sick of it first. It is a real pain waiting hours for their callbacks, then sitting on the phone for an hour while some idiot makes me reboot three times because she cannot comprehend that the problem is out in their network. Then the day of the service call I have to stay home & babysit the cable guy. Then if you get a contractor, they always want to do something so they can turn in their work-order, so they want to change fittings or splitters or ground blocks even though it has been done to death.

TWC is a prime example of how you can take a bunch of well-meaning, technically competent individuals who are all doing their jobs, and subject them to a bureaucracy that makes them totally incompetent, ineffective and even disrespectful to their customers.

-Marty

The thing is that for years many TWC CSR's and techs have been anything BUT:

"technically competent individuals who are all doing their jobs." Throw in "disrespectful" as well.

What's the job prerequisite for a field tech? Knowing how to drive a truck and climb a pole! That's about it.

Now back to Navigator. Oh yea, and it's a COS that they can't bring you a new box either. It seems that while the used 8300 non-C boxes have worked best, the completely new 8300C boxes have had less problems than the older C boxes.

Jack

post #2799 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 06:21 PM

I have an SA 8300 HDC and have had to reboot it several times. Now it does not complete the rebooting anymore; the box shows OCAP and nothing happens!!!!! Any idea on how to resolve this problem? A Time Warner guy is suppose to come on Monday, but I am going to end up missing the Patriots-Giants game. Thanks
post #2800 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now back to Navigator. Oh yea, and it's a COS that they can't bring you a new box either. It seems that while the used 8300 non-C boxes have worked best, the completely new 8300C boxes have had less problems than the older C boxes.

Jack

I had a brand new, out of the box HDC box and it still was a POS!
post #2801 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

"technically competent individuals who are all doing their jobs." Throw in "disrespectful" as well.

What's the job prerequisite for a field tech? Knowing how to drive a truck and climb a pole! That's about it.

Jack

It makes me think of the arse that came to fix my grandmother's TV. The TV would black out for 10 sconds and come back on. I wasn't there, but the guy came out and fixed wiring outside and checked signal levels. After he left, he was outside for awhile and the TV still went out. You know what he told her? "It takes a couple of months for it to straighten itself out." I couldn't believe it! I went with her to the local TW office to return the box. With a new box the TV worked fine. She had two people out and not one of them looked at the box.

The guy that installed my OCRAP box was really nice and explained how their policies work and he said that they are not allowed to just change out boxes. They have to prove it doesn't work. I had a dead 8000HD and he had to change the power cord before he replaced the box.
post #2802 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Jack

From what I can tell, I've had some competent cable guys. I've also had some real idiots, but I think those were contractors (non-commercial pickup truck + magnetic sign).

The system seems to break down when there is nothing wrong at my house. The cable guy escalates it to (PM?) but there is no follow-through at that level. They tell me something like, "If it is still messing up in a week or two, call us again."

I have never had the individuals disrespect me, but rather, the system they are part of (Time Warner Corporation and its support procedures) is disrespectful as a whole to its customers. They make me wait hours for a callback. They deny there are widespread problems with their network. They make me reboot the box even though I've already done so numerous times. They fail to credit my account for the outages. They ask me drive in the snow to exchange a perfectly good 8300HD box for an HDC box that they know is plagued with gremlins.

BUT, my #1 complaint about their support process: they close the call without me confirming that the problem has been resolved. How can they possibly track and age a problem if they close it as soon as a cable guy has visited the house, regardless of whether he fixed the problem? They can't and don't want to.

-Marty
post #2803 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo 007 View Post

I have an SA 8300 HDC and have had to reboot it several times. Now it does not complete the rebooting anymore; the box shows OCAP and nothing happens!!!!! Any idea on how to resolve this problem? A Time Warner guy is suppose to come on Monday, but I am going to end up missing the Patriots-Giants game. Thanks

You're doing the right thing but you're correct about missing the game.

You may just want to let it set for a couple hours or until morning. Less aggravating.

-Marty
post #2804 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

What ever happened to "The Power of YOU"? It seems when I call I have to wait for THEM to call me back. It's usually 45 minutes to several hours. The soonest they can schedule an apointment is a week later at the earliest. They raised the price of DVR from $5.95 to $6.95 a month after unleashing the new HDC/Navigator DVRs. MORE $$$$ for something that is LESS functional!

My question is: What can be done about this?

I've read MANY horror stories on this forum and others. Why hasn't the BBC or the FCC been contacted about this? Why has no action been taken? Our local ABC affiliate did a troubleshooter report about a woman that was supposed to get a refund from Time Warner and they never gave it to her. The reporter said that Time Warner in NE Ohio has had over 300 complaints with the BBB in the last 3 years and half of those were from this year alone. With Navigator downgrade imminent, I can only see the number of complaints going up.

Especially with prices like $100 and up, this level of service is UNACCEPTABLE! Even though phone and internet may not have as many problems as TV, for that money ALL 3 SHOULD WORK. The prices creep up each year yet it seems the quality of service goes down.
post #2805 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

The good news for me is that in over 20 years I have had very good service from TWC. (All elements worked.) I had maybe 5 service calls and two of them were to replace buggy SA boxes who's PPV pin functions didn't work right. Of those 5, I had maybe two inept techs and a supervisor who was excellent when I was getting the run around. My old Pioneer box worked for 6 years and was only replaced when I went to "All in One Service" with a DVR. But remember that I have had Passport software and a division who has been TWC since the mid 80's.

In fact, TWC bought out a very poor performance cable outlet that was in my city back around 1990. The only time that I have had problems getting through on the phone was back in January-February when Navigator was first rolled out with the high call volume message and back in November during the big football game where customers were all complaining that TWC couldn't get NFL Network.

But on a global national level, I think the company sucks. There are far too many divisions with inept people, poor management, bad head-ends, faulty C-boxes, and bad Navigator. It's an overall, ineptness. The technology is there, and we have seen more funding, more specialties, and TWC's commitment to education and the public school system, (at least in my division.) But I think on this global level, the people who are managing the technology don't know what they are doing. It's almost like TWC in several divisions has forgotten its roots that are supposed to be cable TV. Yes, it's wonderful that for the most part they have had success with Road Runner and Digital Phone. Now if they can do those elements well, why can't they do the same for the cable tv part of the service in all divisions?

I think there is one important variable that can determine quality of service. If your TWC division has been around for 15-20 years or more, the generally seem to have a better overall track record. If your TWC division has "bought out" a competing cable division such as Adelphia or Comcast, that is where you are more likely to get service and performance where no one knows what is going on. My philosophy is that technology can only be as good as the foundation on which it rests, and the people who run it.

Jack

post #2806 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

For what it's worth...
for those of you whom have had the same issues with HDMI locking out 4801/p - forcing upscaling to 720p I suggest using component/optical output instead of hdmi. The box doesn't lock resolutions when using component.

One weird quirk I've noticed with this box and 2 of my last 8300HD boxes that had passport is elevated black levels on HDMI output. When I calibrated my display for HDMI with the 8300HDC my brightness level had to be set to 27 on SD channels and 35 on HD channels. When using component both HD and SD signals need to be set to 47.

To give you a point of reference, my display is professionally calibrated by Avical for a base setting of 45 brightness. Both my HD DVD and BR players are perfect at 45. So going out component there's only a slight adjustment. HDMI on these boxes is all kinds of screwy - in my experience.
post #2807 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr View Post

For what it's worth...
for those of you whom have had the same issues with HDMI locking out 4801/p - forcing upscaling to 720p I suggest using component/optical output instead of hdmi. The box doesn't lock resolutions when using component.

One weird quirk I've noticed with this box and 2 of my last 8300HD boxes that had passport is elevated black levels on HDMI output. When I calibrated my display for HDMI with the 8300HDC my brightness level had to be set to 27 on SD channels and 35 on HD channels. When using component both HD and SD signals need to be set to 47.

To give you a point of reference, my display is professionally calibrated by Avical for a base setting of 45 brightness. Both my HD DVD and BR players are perfect at 45. So going out component there's only a slight adjustment. HDMI on these boxes is all kinds of screwy - in my experience.

My experience as a calibrator (on SARA I admit) is the opposite - HDMI from SA8300HD agrees perfectly with my Accupel. I'd be surprised if the software (Navigator or Passport) would be any different.

Dave Hancock
post #2808 of 18622 Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock View Post

My experience as a calibrator (on SARA I admit) is the opposite - HDMI from SA8300HD agrees perfectly with my Accupel. I'd be surprised if the software (Navigator or Passport) would be any different.

Well that's just odd. Maybe they just ship all their funky boxes to Poughkeepsie NY.
post #2809 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 06:18 AM

I have to admit this.I am on Sara 1.89.17.1 with a 8300hd.This system has had a flawless record with me.Have had the same box over 2 years and have only had one show not record.My division here is Greensboro NC does a good job in passing on any sara upgrades to us.It has been in my experience the techs are friendly and respectful.Once had some picture problems and rep spent 3 hours here til it was fixed to my satisfaction.With this record I shutter thinking about Navigator.TWC and SARA have just been to good hate to break up a great team.
post #2810 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 AM

does anyone at time warner even look at this feature ? on a 16x9 screen the box is about a 1/3 into the middle of the screen totaly wrong? it should be in the bottom corner or the top? I just cant belive it is sitting where it is you cant use it ?
anyone else see this?
post #2811 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 10:47 AM

Since I'm new to TWC and have only experience with Navigator, I can now see why y'all like Passport better. Went over to friends house to watch game last night and he had the 8300HD with Passport. I played around with it and found I like it much better than Mystro Navigator. Is this a contractual thing with TWC between Passport or Mystro? Why would they switch to an inferior product?
post #2812 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 12:48 PM

Does anyone know of an email address or web page exists to submit feature requests for the new Navigator software? So far it seems okay on a replacement SA8300 HDC here in Cincinnati with TWC. The only serious complaint I have about it is that the Navigator software doesn't allow you to define the screen mode under HDMI like Passport did. I was able to connect to an Olevia 337V with HDMI under a SA8300 HD with Passport and limit the screen modes to just 1080i or 720p. Under Navigator this isn't possible and the HDTV will flash its blue mode screen each time the SA8300 HD switch resolutions on different channels. This is keeping me from using HDMI for now. I am hoping we can request useful features like this one via some feedback form at TWC.
post #2813 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 09:38 PM

TWC NYC Subscriber - Well I'm glad I found this forum. I'm not crazy after all. TWC refuses to admit there is anything wrong with the new box "C" box. Had two 8300 HD's from day one (running Passport) and they worked very, very well (as long as there were no signal strength problems from the street). Hard drive finally died on one and it was replaced with an 8300 HDC. What a horrible buggy operating system Mystro Navigator is.

It constantly freezes; becomes unresponsive to keypad input; reboots; does not record when it should; erases recorded shows for no (valid) reason; can't rewind a show in progress, if you're recording it as well, without first changing the channel and then going back to it; doesn't automatically search to the show you've highlighted in the program guide; no longer has subtractive keyboard lettering on search; forces you to save no less than three previous episodes of a series recording (Passport allowed one-show save and overwrite) so if (for example) you record a number of evening newscasts each day - your HD gets filled up with days of useless old-news programs that you have to manually delete; it doesn't tell you immediately if you have a recording conflict - you've got to search the list afterwords; the new "TV Guide" program guide no longer tells you if a show is a repeat - only if it is new; can't choose to record a later airing of a program (e.g: if you don't want to record the 9:00 PM version of a new "How It's Made" because you're recording two other shows at that time that only run once - well you're just out of luck unless you change it manually - and you better check the conflict list - b/c it just records the last two shows you scheduled and silently ignores the first one) - and I could go on!

What were they thinking releasing this poorly written piece of software? Not one of these issues existed in the years-old Passport software. Isn't anyone from TW monitoring the BB's? How can they not care? The operating system on the 8300HDC is a giant step backwards! No wonder there's a delay answering your service call due to "excessive call volume."
post #2814 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

I'm curious. I'm getting the impression that most of the people who are having bad results with Navigator are using HDMI. Let's try a very simple mini-poll. Reply to this message with a two word reply: the first word should be "Reliable" or "Unreliable" and the second word should be "HDMI" or "component".

-barry
post #2815 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Unreliable
Component
post #2816 of 18622 Old 12-30-2007, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

When I had Navigator:

Unreliable, Component

With Passport now:

Reliable, Component
post #2817 of 18622 Old 12-31-2007, 05:30 AM

Thank the Lord I'm on SARA.
post #2818 of 18622 Old 12-31-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margoba View Post

I'm curious. I'm getting the impression that most of the people who are having bad results with Navigator are using HDMI. Let's try a very simple mini-poll. Reply to this message with a two word reply: the first word should be "Reliable" or "Unreliable" and the second word should be "HDMI" or "component".

-barry

Unreliable Component
post #2819 of 18622 Old 12-31-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedjaR View Post

"Channel was not available" is usually a dead giveaway that your box is flaky, especially if it does not get fixed with one reboot. The problem has not gone away so far, and most likely will not. Have TWC replace your box (show their tech the recording log and mention that reboots did not help). Sometimes it takes several tries to get a stable box. I know it is a pain (you lose the stuff you recorded), but what's the point of having a DVR if you don't know if it is going to record or not?

Well I'm off work today so I took the box back, this is the 3rd Navigator box I've had. So far so good. I'll chime back in a few days. The lady said if I kept having problem to come up and tell them and they would send out their top tech. She tried to find me an old box but none had been turned in lately.

Grateful11
post #2820 of 18622 Old 12-31-2007, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFC_Exile View Post

TWC NYC Subscriber - Well I'm glad I found this forum. I'm not crazy after all. TWC refuses to admit there is anything wrong with the new box "C" box. Had two 8300 HD's from day one (running Passport) and they worked very, very well (as long as there were no signal strength problems from the street). Hard drive finally died on one and it was replaced with an 8300 HDC. What a horrible buggy operating system Mystro Navigator is.

It constantly freezes; becomes unresponsive to keypad input; reboots; does not record when it should; erases recorded shows for no (valid) reason; can't rewind a show in progress, if you're recording it as well, without first changing the channel and then going back to it; doesn't automatically search to the show you've highlighted in the program guide; no longer has subtractive keyboard lettering on search; forces you to save no less than three previous episodes of a series recording (Passport allowed one-show save and overwrite) so if (for example) you record a number of evening newscasts each day - your HD gets filled up with days of useless old-news programs that you have to manually delete; it doesn't tell you immediately if you have a recording conflict - you've got to search the list afterwords; the new "TV Guide" program guide no longer tells you if a show is a repeat - only if it is new; can't choose to record a later airing of a program (e.g: if you don't want to record the 9:00 PM version of a new "How It's Made" because you're recording two other shows at that time that only run once - well you're just out of luck unless you change it manually - and you better check the conflict list - b/c it just records the last two shows you scheduled and silently ignores the first one) - and I could go on!

What were they thinking releasing this poorly written piece of software? Not one of these issues existed in the years-old Passport software. Isn't anyone from TW monitoring the BB's? How can they not care? The operating system on the 8300HDC is a giant step backwards! No wonder there's a delay answering your service call due to "excessive call volume."

Hi WFC,

Welcome to the forum! Could you please post your location in your profile? This is helpful to determine areas with C-boxes/Navigator troubleshooting. We have found performance varies from area to area.

Jack

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page