Mitsubishi DLP TV and Intellasys/Indigita/Cinemavu IEEE1394 HD DVR Units - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 82 Old 11-17-2007, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post

So far, 4 good recordings with the CinemaVu unit. I'm not yet ready to say "Problem Over", but it does look promising.

So do you think it is a firmware issue? The RCA units are obviously very old, whereas you said Indigita updated the firmware on your Cinemavu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoombs View Post

So do you think it is a firmware issue? The RCA units are obviously very old, whereas you said Indigita updated the firmware on your Cinemavu.

Looks that way right now. I need to get more good recordings out of the newer CinemaVu unit before I'm convinced.
post #63 of 82 Old 11-18-2007, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 104
What did you pay for the new CinemaVu unit?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #64 of 82 Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

What did you pay for the new CinemaVu unit?

Since Intellasys bought out Indigita (manufacturer) last year, there are only two places I know of that sell them.

Intellasys (manufacturer)

CinemaVu (reseller)
post #65 of 82 Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 AM

CinemaVu = Indigita, so there is really just one source.
post #66 of 82 Old 11-19-2007, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I understand that, I was just asking how much, not where.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #67 of 82 Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

I understand that, I was just asking how much, not where.

Sorry, misunderstood.
Mine's not for sale (Indigita and like I said, they've been bought out by Intellasys now), but if you want to see how much they're going for from the reseller, click here ->CinemaVu (reseller)
post #68 of 82 Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Looks that way right now. I need to get more good recordings out of the newer CinemaVu unit before I'm convinced.

I had one bad recording on the new unit early (as in 1am) this morning. About 10 dropouts in 15 minutes (didn't view the whole half-hour recording, deleted it). I did not watch the broadcast as it was recording, so it really doesn't count (could be Comcast). I'll be trying more this week as I have some time off for the holiday.
post #69 of 82 Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoombs View Post

CinemaVu = Indigita, so there is really just one source.

Actually, CinemaVu is a reseller brand-name attached (by an eMarketer of High-Tech equipment) to the Indigita AVR. Indigita is a corporation bought out by another corporation-Intellasys. Indigita developed and manufactured the units and was bought out by Intellasys Corp. CinemaVu acts as a marketer/reseller of the Indigita units direct to the public.

But, if you mean where can I buy one, then yes, you can only buy retail through CinemaVu. If you find another source, please post it.

And, just to clear the air: I'm not affiliated in any way with Indigita, Intellasys or CinemaVu, other than as a customer.
post #70 of 82 Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 AM

CinemaVu is just a marketing name created by Indigita as a front-end to retail their solutions. If you send them an inquiry by email, the response comes from @indigita.com (at least they did in October of 2006).
post #71 of 82 Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I had one bad recording on the new unit early (as in 1am) this morning. About 10 dropouts in 15 minutes (didn't view the whole half-hour recording, deleted it). I did not watch the broadcast as it was recording, so it really doesn't count (could be Comcast). I'll be trying more this week as I have some time off for the holiday.

Really wish I had equipment to prove this one way or the other, but it's really starting to look like a Mits problem. I went to watch&record tonight and had such severe audio dropout on any HD channel I chose (Dolby 5.1 Surround, of course) that I called Comcast. Why did I do that??? They're no help

After resetting the Mits TV, all was fine. I finally realized that for one reason or another that I've been resetting the Mits about once a month.

Reminds me of when I used to run servers (M$) and had to reboot them daily.

Strange as it may seem... The pic also looked better after a reset.

The major pain for me with a reset is TVGOS looses it's clock and you have to power cycle the TV a couple times after the reset to get it back.

I'm starting to look for a new set, but meantime, back at the lab, I'll try resetting once a week to see if it helps
post #72 of 82 Old 11-24-2007, 07:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The only three manufactures that supported AVHDDs' were Samsung, Mits and Toshiba AFAIK. Toshiba was the first to drop out, then was Samsung & Mits. Last years models were the last. This years models dropped CCs', 1394 and some dropped TVGOS.

post #73 of 82 Old 11-25-2007, 08:46 AM

I'm pretty sure this years high end Mits model still has 1394 but no cablecard.
post #74 of 82 Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 AM

After my RCA 2160 took a crap, I found a seller on ebay that was selling new units cheaper than Indigita. The drawback is that they are Mitsubishi demo units and have a couple recordings for dealer demo on the HDTV. On another thread a member who also has one was able to remove the recodings by pressing an unlock button and then delete the recording. With my RCA, it seems like I don't have that option. Is there a service center that I can contact that might be able to delete them and somewhere I can download a copy of the manual? The manual that came with it briefly tells the dealer how to connect it rather than deal with its features which are slightly different from the RCA. It seems like the Indigita unit may be able to record 2 recordings at once as opposed to the RCA. Also anyone know where I could get the RCA looked at. I hate to trash it since it was used so sparingly. RCA customer service was no help. I think the hard drive became corrupted. Thanks, Bear
post #75 of 82 Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 AM

I thought I would contribute my experience to this thread, since I too get audio drop out on nearly all recorded network broadcast material (does not matter if OTA or off SAT). My euip is as follows - DirectTV HD DVR -> HDMI -> Mits 831 set to DD5.1
DBS receiver has native OFF. Sound is piped via digital coax from TV out to Onkyo amp. It does not matter if I turn off the amp and use the TV speakers - however I used NetCommand to set up the TV to turn on the DBS and amp and the TV all with one click on the DBS remote. Changing to PCM did not correct this problem. Oddly it does not seem to be a problem with content from the strict cable providers (like HBO) ONLY with content from broadcast TV. In that regard, OTA is a bit better than satellite feed.

We replaced one HD DVR since we also got video breakups but it did not solve the audio problems.

Direct TV says it is the TV - and I am wondering if this may indeed be the case since it appears that other people who are playing back recorded material have the same issues.

I have done a bit of experimenting so will post back when I get the chance:
I added a second audio source to the amplifier directly to the TV from my DBS box thus bypassing the TV passthrough all together and will see what happens when I record some stuff tonight.
post #76 of 82 Old 11-29-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBear View Post

After my RCA 2160 took a crap, I found a seller on ebay that was selling new units cheaper than Indigita. The drawback is that they are Mitsubishi demo units and have a couple recordings for dealer demo on the HDTV. On another thread a member who also has one was able to remove the recodings by pressing an unlock button and then delete the recording. With my RCA, it seems like I don't have that option. Is there a service center that I can contact that might be able to delete them and somewhere I can download a copy of the manual? The manual that came with it briefly tells the dealer how to connect it rather than deal with its features which are slightly different from the RCA. It seems like the Indigita unit may be able to record 2 recordings at once as opposed to the RCA. Also anyone know where I could get the RCA looked at. I hate to trash it since it was used so sparingly. RCA customer service was no help. I think the hard drive became corrupted. Thanks, Bear

I have one of those Mits Demo units. I've been unable to delete the looped demo. Can you give me a link to the thread that describes the technique?
post #77 of 82 Old 12-04-2007, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I find if I reset the TV and recorder before recording, I get better captures, but it's still hit & miss. Sometimes it's a perfect recording with no dropouts and other times there are many audio dropouts.

I have also had the recorder try to playback recorded content, but I get no picture or sound, just the time increments (on the TV screen when pressing the remote's info button) as though it's playing back. If I then reset the TV and recorder, it will playback. Appears to be one of the devices is confused, or maybe a handshaking problem. All the content I've recorded and played back so far has been marked as "Copy Freely".

I'm still not sure whether it's Comcast, the Mits or the Indigita.

I have found a program to record as a test that will exhibit audio dropout every time while playing back and yet no audio dropouts while recording it.

It's on MOJO, every Monday morning at 1am.
post #78 of 82 Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 AM

I have 3 Indigita AVHD 80 Mits demo units connected to my Mits WD Y57. I've had no problem with my recordings except those I can directly attribute to the cable or OTA input signal. My only problem is deleting the looped demo segments which tie up more than half the Hard Drive capacity of the Indigita units.
post #79 of 82 Old 12-06-2007, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post

I have 3 Indigita AVHD 80 Mits demo units connected to my Mits WD Y57. I've had no problem with my recordings except those I can directly attribute to the cable or OTA input signal. My only problem is deleting the looped demo segments which tie up more than half the Hard Drive capacity of the Indigita units.

Stingray1, I'm curious if you play back cable (QAM Tuner) 1080i recordings w/DD5.1 to the Mits and have the Mits connected via digital audio coax to your surround sound receiver and have your surround sound reciver decoding the DD5.1, if you have any audio dropouts?
post #80 of 82 Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post

Other than calling (or sending your units in to) Intellasys, I have no idea how you can delete those demo recordings.
post #81 of 82 Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:

Stingray1, I'm curious if you play back cable (QAM Tuner) 1080i recordings w/DD5.1 to the Mits and have the Mits connected via digital audio coax to your surround sound receiver and have your surround sound reciver decoding the DD5.1, if you have any audio dropouts?

My Mits WD Y57 TV isn't connected to my surround sound receiver. I think my surround sound receiver only has a optical 5.1 sound input and that's being used by one of my Sony DHG HDD 500 dvr's.
post #82 of 82 Old 04-03-2008, 07:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I have two RCA DVR-2160s' for sale. Mint. $125 each
PM if interested.

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page