Drop outs on DH3000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-19-2001, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had mine for about 1 month. I have a Panasonic DF300 DVHS tape that I have recorded on twice and watched only about 4 times. Now everyonce in a while the picture will freeze for about 2-4 seconds and then jump ahead those 2-4 seconds. Any ideas? Could I jus have gotten a bad tape?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-19-2001, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Could you provide some additional details? Is this the Japanese DH30000 or the US DH30000U? Is the recording SD via the analog inputs or HD via the firewire input?

If you are talking about an HD DVHS (HS) recording that looked good to start with and then started to exhibit 2-4 second breakup, I'd say that's not a good sign. A new machine should not have any problems playing back its own recordings. It might be the tape, but it's unlikely. I've made hundreds of recordings with Panasonic HD1000 recorders using common TDK ST120 tapes and never see any breakups caused by the recorder.

If you've been using the machine to playback VHS tapes it's possible you have clogged the heads. Try replaying the DF300 recording a few times, and if it still breaks up try one or two short passes with a JVC DVHS cleaning tape. Don't over use the cleaning tape -- they wear down the heads. If that doesn't work take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning. :)

-Roger
post #3 of 3 Old 11-29-2001, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi speters,

Are you still having a problem with the picture freezing during playback? I may have a solution for you, drop me a line.

www.pmilo454@juno.com
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page