Phone support of HDTV time shifting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 11-25-2001, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I take great pride in the success there's been in the many HDTV ventures that those of you here have helped with, such as bringing to market HDTV time shifting adapters for the Unity Motion and RCA set top boxes, and bringing HDTV transmission of the 2001 Superbowl and other fine CBS programming to the Sacramento area of California. I could not have done this alone. Those who've helped know who they are and stand proud-- far above the naysayers.

Like many of you here, I continue to support the efforts of the 169Time company. We are part of a group that understand how important HDTV is, and how important the ability to timeshift the programming is to HDTV's success. There is nothing that can stop us from this goal. Though there may be some that would try to stand in our way, together we will continue to succeed as we have already done so.

The most important thing for us to keep clearly in focus is our goal to timeshift all programming so that viewing of this phenomenal content is not only when convenient for the transmitting source, but also at a time that's convenient for us, the viewers.

It is all too easy to criticize mistakes made in the past. No one is free from the human nature to make errors. I am at the front of the line to admit that. There is little purpose to fall into the trap where criticism becomes an end to itself. Criticism must remain constructive or it is utlimately self destructive.

With every step we take, we must ask ourselves, "Does this bring us closer to that goal to timeshift all HDTV programming?" If the answer is yes we double our efforts. If the answer is no, the most logical and noble thing to do is stand aside, and allow the positive part of our being to blossom and become a vital part of the positive effort.

I admit that my duties of late have taken so much of my time that reading and posting here as often as I used to has not been practical. These duties will continue to impose that restriction on my behavior.

None the less, I know there are those with questions about HDTV time shifting, and in need of my support. In the freedom that public forums offer, a robust challenging discussion sometimes does not allow room for the support of other related matters that are equally important. Thus, I am making my support available to any and all those that want to talk me by phone on a fair and regular basis.

I have set up a special phone number that does not have any answering machine or call waiting. When that phone rings, and I am ready to divert from my other duties, I'll be the only one that answers it.

I don't claim that I will have all the answers to all the questions. Specifically, I do not have order processing or tracking information, or shipment dates for products now in development, or HDTV programming information. Some of that information is proprietary, or there is already a suitable mechanism for the company to provide that information via the web page or email. Every reasonable question and discussion is welcome.

For the most up to date phone number and hours when I'll be there, visit the GVT Unity Motion web page contact section accessible from the 169time.com web page. Support is offered for both Unity Motion and DTC100 discussions. Please respect my request that this contact information should not be copied into the public forum, as the hours or phone number may be updated at any time. It makes sense to post information on how to get there instead.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-25-2001, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Richard, thanks for posting again!!

dave
post #3 of 15 Old 11-25-2001, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
To use a baseball analogy:

What we have witnessed today is the AVS Forum equivalent of trading John Rocker for Curt Schilling.

Welcome back Richard!

"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not an engineer."
post #4 of 15 Old 11-25-2001, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Go UMA!

Go 199 HDnet time shifting!

dave
post #5 of 15 Old 11-25-2001, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Richard Adams,

Welcome back. As I once posted on this forum during the time you were taking all the hits, I believed you were a person of quality and integrity.
post #6 of 15 Old 11-25-2001, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Welcome back Richard!!

Dave
post #7 of 15 Old 11-25-2001, 05:43 PM
rrg
Advanced Member

Very good to see you in the Forum again, Richard.

Ron Gomes
post #8 of 15 Old 11-26-2001, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Best wishes for a successful venture.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #9 of 15 Old 11-26-2001, 11:27 PM

Richard,

Welcome back to the forum! You have always been a source of wisdom and strong proponent of HDTV from the early days (remember those?) Thanks for the post and please post again when you do have time and news for us.

Best, Marvin.

Best, Marv
post #10 of 15 Old 11-26-2001, 11:35 PM

I want to thank both Dave and Richard for helping me and others get their working machines back.

Thanks again,

Roy
post #11 of 15 Old 11-27-2001, 02:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Great post Richard.

But allow mw to play devil's advocate. It seems too coincidental that you're gone when everyone is complaining about fraud, etc. then return as soon as something new is to be sold.

Could you please explain - What exactly is your financial relationship to 16X9time? Are you here as a "civilian" forum member, a company representative, or salesperson? Are you compensated for your work here on this forum?

Lastly -

"Those who've helped know who they are and stand proud-- far above the naysayers. "

Do you really feel the 16X9time people should be proud of what they've done? Or are you referring to someone else?
post #12 of 15 Old 11-27-2001, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Roy, do you have the record DTC? If so, how is it working for you?

Dave
post #13 of 15 Old 11-27-2001, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Dave,

The questions posed by jamoka are fair and reasonable. After all the problems that have occurred, I would think that full disclosure of Richards relationship with 169time and perhaps some details of 169times operations are in order. It does appear dubious that Richard reappears once he thinks he has a product he can now sell after apparently misleading many here on the original state of the dtc100 modification. As you have stated, Richard may be a brilliant HDTV technician but much creditability and goodwill has been lost over the past many months. IMO clearing the air with disclosure would go a long way in perhaps rebuilding some credibility. Ignoring the history by sticking your heads in the sand will not do anything to repair the credibility of the participants and their products.

Best Regards,

Brian

Quote:
Originally posted by h2ofun
I know Richard wont waste his time answering questions that have no answer that all will accept. I would hope Ken would kill them off since it is adding no value!!!! He wrote mistakes were made so let dead dogs alone. I thought we had lost the folks that wanted to spend tome asking non value added questions.
Lets get back to the time shifting techincal value added questions!!

And just one other FYI. You have no idea how long I have worked on Richard to post again. Others have too. But yours
are the kind of posts that have nothing to do with the topic which has caused him not to read and post on avs. I got him to put the phone support in so if you want to call and try to beat him up, go for it. I am hoping Ken will delete your post since it has nothing to do with the topic Richard started. If you want to start your own negative post like some others love to do, go for it. Just let some of us who want to show to the world the positives in time shifting via AVS to have our peace. Maybe this is just asking too much for some that seem to have so much anger in them.

dave
post #14 of 15 Old 11-27-2001, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Dave,

Saying, "mistakes were made" is no substitute for truthfulness. If I ask my 8 year old, "Did you break that window?" Responses like - "I'm way to busy to answer that" or " Let's just say, 'mistakes were made' and leave it at that. OK dad?" are not allowed.

I mean, how many years of law school does it take before simple truth and honesty become meaningless?
post #15 of 15 Old 11-28-2001, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

The good news is he's communicating.

But there's a lot of credibility that needs to be regained.

Shipment of about 100 boards might do it. (I was chicken, I never ordered.)

I wondered about who would be first to market or to folding, 169time or Cygnus.

Maybe both will finally sort of make it to market. I have a Panamorph, but have a funny feeling that by the time that true HD time-shifting off of satellite becomes available from Richard, that I''ll be able to get a Dish HD PVR and it will be a mute point.

Ken Elliott
Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page