AccessDTV, Hipix ease of operation compared to Tivo - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-28-2001, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am getting real antsy waiting for a HD Tivo.

I was wondering the ease of operation of Hipix and or AccessDTV as compared to Tivo.

Also lets take the assumption that I were to purchase a fully configured setup from Digital Connection or RKR, I believe they have a configuration called Cassini HDS specifically for HD recording.

Also I am lucky enough to recieve at least for the time being MSG, Fox Sports channel, and HBO in HD from a cable connection directly into the digital antenna input of my HD100.

LJG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-28-2001, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can tell you from personal experience that getting the Tivo-like features of accessDTV to work is problematic at best. Recording works great (if you have an Intel chipset on your motherboard... avoid VIA at all costs!). But doing TiVolicious stuff like pausing a live broadcast and then starting it up again while the program continues to be recorded... well, I have never been able to get it to work reliably (lots of "stuttering" or outright system lockups).
post #3 of 3 Old 11-28-2001, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh yeah, and HiPix and accessDTV only work with 8VSB input. Unless you have a DISH 5000 with its worth-its-weight-in-gold 8VSB modulator, you're not going to be able to use accessDTV or HiPix to record/timeshift satellite HDTV--you'll only be able to record terrestrial over-the-air broadcast HDTV. (I have no idea whether cable boxes in the handful of metropolitan areas with cable HDTV are compatible with accessDTV and HiPix.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page