post #61 of 75 Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

No problem, Dean. I understand your reluctance to answer.

And I don't. I would love to know the source of the info that new boxes will be deployed (probably) at the end of the year. Unless "the year" means any year in which case the info is meaningless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post

And I don't. I would love to know the source of the info that new boxes will be deployed (probably) at the end of the year. Unless "the year" means any year in which case the info is meaningless.

I would be interested in knowing where this came from also. The new boxes out later this year (DCX class) would most likely be introduced into the systems pretty much the same as the others have. I highly doubt all of the current DVR's would be taken out of service in lieu of some new boxes. I could possibly see a priority to get them to those with the Tivo guide running on the Moto boxes, but other then that, no.

Just my 2¢
Jon
post #63 of 75 Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

The Panny DVR info is in this forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=640348

The info about the Panny DVR and Comcast working together on I got from

http://www.cable360.net/

It was a video from CES show, on their homepage, it's gone now, but maybe you can find it. They also show pictures with the new "myguide" software.

Also, the Panny website as well as others above mention end of year for "myguide" and the new Panny DVR.

I'd also like to mention

http://www.dslreports.com/

Do a forum search for "a25" or "a26" or "a24" for current and the next (soon) i-guide update.

Comcast's own website mentions the next i-guide update, a25, on their website at the turn of the year.
"next several weeks" is mentioned 3 months ago. That's "Comcast time". this website is available on

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=966022

Moderator harassment is wrong and immoral.  
post #64 of 75 Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 AM

Comcast came out and replaced my broken "crazy eights" DCH-3416 box a week ago. The new DCH-3416 box worked properly for 6 days, but now it's stuck in a different kind of loop. Instead of rebooting every 30 seconds with 88:88 on the display, it reboots, progresses to the "Welcome! Starting up..." screen which lasts for about 20 minutes or so with various different codes displayed on the front panel, then reboots. This new 20-minute loop of death has been happening for over 24 hours now.

If it still hasn't repaired itself by tonight, I guess Comcast gets another call...
post #65 of 75 Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the pointers dean-I, interesting reading. I'll keep my fingers crossed but somehow remain skeptical.
post #66 of 75 Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean-l View Post

The Panny DVR info is in this forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=640348

The info about the Panny DVR and Comcast working together on I got from

http://www.cable360.net/

It was a video from CES show, on their homepage, it's gone now, but maybe you can find it. They also show pictures with the new "myguide" software.

Also, the Panny website as well as others above mention end of year for "myguide" and the new Panny DVR.

I'd also like to mention

http://www.dslreports.com/

Do a forum search for "a25" or "a26" or "a24" for current and the next (soon) i-guide update.

Comcast's own website mentions the next i-guide update, a25, on their website at the turn of the year.
"next several weeks" is mentioned 3 months ago. That's "Comcast time". this website is available on

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=966022

Well nice job on the links & the info, good stuff. However this goes back to what I said earlier, these new boxes will be added to the existing line-up of equipment (along with other new boxes), they will not be replacing all of the existing DVR's out there. If you follow the first link about the Panny boxes, that post was started over 2 years ago & the boxes aren't here yet. It's also by someone that doesn't do the purchasing for Comcast (he doesn't even work for Comcast, at least not anymore). I would also say he misspoke about 'replacing', instead of 'adding'.

As for the a24, a25 & a26 guides, these are a constantly changing/maturing series of guides that gets updated every couple years. I believe it was the a25 that was supposed to come out a couple months ago but didn't for some reason. For all I know it may or may not be released, maybe the a26 (which should be vastly better) will just get released next if it's ready anytime soon. As a comparison, the DOCSIS specs for modems goes through similar cycles. It went from v1.0 to v1.1, then while there is a v2.0, not many companies adopted it because it didn't do much for them and most will be going to v3.0 next. I'm not saying Comcast or other cable co.'s will be going from a24 to a26, but they may. For all I know we may wake up tomorrow with the a25.

Just my 2¢
Jon
post #67 of 75 Old 03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
With the a25 i-guide "may" come a firmware update.

That's really what I'm hoping for.
Improved reliability. Please!

The Panny and DCX MOTO boxes are scheduled for end-of-year.

I don't doubt the rollout will be late and limited, at first.

But there is no question that MOTO, Panny and Comcast are well into replacement planning. One of the biggest problems is Format changes, like you mentioned.

P.S.

Amazing! No response to my last linked post. Can't bicker with what you don't bother reading, I guess.

I choose to ignore B**cker1 for his constant bickering; I recommend others do too!

Moderator harassment is wrong and immoral.  
post #68 of 75 Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean-l View Post

With the a25 i-guide "may" come a firmware update.

That's really what I'm hoping for.
Improved reliability. Please!

One thing that myself (and I know many others) are waiting for in the next f/w is the return of the recording indicator on the DCH series. Not a major thing for me, but I do miss it.

Just my 2¢
Jon
post #69 of 75 Old 03-21-2008, 09:06 AM

My two Comcast Tivo boxes are now mostly working correctly. The only glitch is that the Suggestions lists are completely empty on both boxes (and of course because of that, no auto-recorded suggestions have happened). This is despite giving thumbs up to a number of shows. Since both boxes are behaving the same, it leads me to believe that perhaps Comcast has disabled Suggestions until they can get their software upgrade rolled out...

Anyone else seeing empty Suggestions lists?
post #70 of 75 Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtalvola View Post

My two Comcast Tivo boxes are now mostly working correctly. The only glitch is that the Suggestions lists are completely empty on both boxes (and of course because of that, no auto-recorded suggestions have happened). This is despite giving thumbs up to a number of shows. Since both boxes are behaving the same, it leads me to believe that perhaps Comcast has disabled Suggestions until they can get their software upgrade rolled out...

Anyone else seeing empty Suggestions lists?

Do you have the suggestions option on? If it's off then thumbs up or down don't do anything.
post #71 of 75 Old 03-22-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:

Do you have the suggestions option on? If it's off then thumbs up or down don't do anything.

You're talking about the "auto-record suggestions" option? Yes, that's on, on both boxes. Although, I believe that even if it were off, I should still have suggestions listed in the Find Programs / Suggestions area -- it just wouldn't auto-record them.
post #72 of 75 Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

I've updated the first post of this thread to reflect the changes made in the TE-1.03-0078-01-01-001 software update.
post #73 of 75 Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the updates.

Just my 2¢
Jon
post #74 of 75 Old 04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKupersmith View Post

I've updated the first post of this thread to reflect the changes made in the TE-1.03-0078-01-01-001 software update.

Very nice. Is Comcast/TiVo reading your post?
post #75 of 75 Old 08-22-2008, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

First post updated to reflect changes in 1.05-0085-01-01. Fixes noted, plus unfortunately, one new bug.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page